INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home security

+11
johninajijic
simpsca
hockables
Jim W
Mainecoons
CanuckBob
raqueteer
Chapalagringa
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
oncesubtle
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Home security  - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security

Post by simpsca Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 am

One bit of info I forgot to add is that you can legally buy a BB gun at a hardware store (I have no idea what damage a BB gun does). When I lived in Jocotopec, a neighbor was walking his poodle and they were both mauled by a pit bull. His poodle just barely made it and police eventually got the offending pit bull put to rest. In the mean time my friend bought an electric cattle prod and a BB gun at the advice of friends who told him which hardware store carries them in Jocotopec.

But I would still work on the long distance pepper spray. I think you cannot bring them down in your luggage but you can bring them in your car across the border which is how I got mine.

simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 am

simpsca wrote:One bit of info I forgot to add is that you can legally buy a BB gun at a hardware store (I have no idea what damage a BB gun does). When I lived in Jocotopec, a neighbor was walking his poodle and they were both mauled by a pit bull. His poodle just barely made it and police eventually got the offending pit bull put to rest. In the mean time my friend bought an electric cattle prod and a BB gun at the advice of friends who told him which hardware store carries them in Jocotopec.

But I would still work on the long distance pepper spray. I think you cannot bring them down in your luggage but you can bring them in your car across the border which is how I got mine.

A BB gun would be useless. All you'll do is pizz them off more. Pepper spray is NG if the theif has a gun or a knife. I wouldn't use it hoping to take him down. Don't be stupid and fight a theif. Many are on drugs and you don't know what they'll do. Better to let them take everything. None of you have possessions worth getting stabbed or shot over. They're only material things that can be replaced. And if these possessions are so valuable, buy insurance for about $ 450 a year.

If you want real protection buy a Taser. They are legal in Mexico. Keep it loaded on your nightstand and have a spare cartridge on your nightstand. They go 20 feet. They cost $ 750. US.

ADT is excellent from my one experience. I was trying to rent a friends house so I walked in with a potential renter. I thought the alarm was off, but it was a silent alarm. It triggered at ADT and they called the house. Luckily I was showing the house to a Mexican man who told them what happened. Ten minutes after the alarm went off, the Police arrived. Very fast.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 am

oncesubtle wrote:Sounds like the perfect place for the next board get together! Beer
Beer Beer Beer

Would love to host it, Bob Beer Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 am

A BB gun works fine if you shoot the SOB in the eye. Just request that he stand still and motionless while you go get the gun and aim it at his eyeball. Otherwise, do what Dawg did aferr a rash of cholo instigated burgalaries in in m Seis Esquinas neighborhood ( a well-known shithole full of young thugs ) in 2008:

* Call S.O.S.E. Security in Chapala and have them install a motion sensitive residentia alarm system. We have had said equipment for going on four years now (after eleven year living here) and trust these bastards implicitly.
* Build eight foot plus walls and install three feet of concertina wire on top of that. Dawg has pérsonally observed young punks (one of whixh Dawg used to be) scaling an eight foot fence in three seconds, oh, ignorant NOBBER, and these seeming morons can steal yout dick out of your underpants without your having had any notion that they have been there and you know, those among you who have them, how sensitive those appurtennces are, listless mindfarts.
* Keep in mind that your most useful allies are the idiots who have taken no security measures. They are the sources of Maybelle´s cheap and easily accessed pussy when Bobby Bob is fifth in line and using Gregory Gene´s used condom to fornicate with Easy Maybelle´s tired ass when Barbara Jean is just down the road demanding nothing more than a football jersey.

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 am

oncesubtle wrote:I'm interested Zed, which are the solutions that work and cannot be compromised?

Death solves all irresolute occurrences. So, die and echieve pleasantness for eternity.
mariachi
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am

hound dog wrote:A BB gun works fine if you shoot the SOB in the eye. Just request that he stand still and motionless while you go get the gun and aim it at his eyeball. Otherwise, do what Dawg did aferr a rash of cholo instigated burgalaries in in m Seis Esquinas neighborhood ( a well-known shithole full of young thugs ) in 2008:

* Call S.O.S.E. Security in Chapala and have them install a motion sensitive residentia alarm system. We have had said equipment for going on four years now (after eleven year living here) and trust these bastards implicitly.
* Build eight foot plus walls and install three feet of concertina wire on top of that. Dawg has pérsonally observed young punks (one of whixh Dawg used to be) scaling an eight foot fence in three seconds, oh, ignorant NOBBER, and these seeming morons can steal yout dick out of your underpants without your having had any notion that they have been there and you know, those among you who have them, how sensitive those appurtennces are, listless mindfarts.
* Keep in mind that your most useful allies are the idiots who have taken no security measures. They are the sources of Maybelle´s cheap and easily accessed pussy when Bobby Bob is fifth in line and using Gregory Gene´s used condom to fornicate with Easy Maybelle´s tired ass when Barbara Jean is just down the road demanding nothing more than a football jersey.

LOL... this time its me laughing ta tears.... U'r killing me.... LOL
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm

I shot my big brother with a bb gun when I was 8, all it did was piss him off then he proceeded to kick my ass,machetes are legal,intimidating,lethal and cheap.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm

viajero wrote:I shot my big brother with a bb gun when I was 8, all it did was piss him off then he proceeded to kick my ass,machetes are legal,intimidating,lethal and cheap.
Chris

Except you have to get to close to use one if he has a gun or knife. A taser would work better. You can keep tasing him until the police arrive.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:25 pm

John can you get a taser down here? If not can you bring one in your checked luggage?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

simpsca wrote:John can you get a taser down here? If not can you bring one in your checked luggage?

If you're serious about getting one, I can find out, but you need to be willing to spend $ 750. US. I think you can get them in GDL???
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 pm

oncesubtle wrote:I'm interested Zed, which are the solutions that work and cannot be compromised?
[i]

The most certain solution to maintenance of a secure life is death. Dawg suggests that aletrnative. Kiss my cold dead fat ass if yiu find that attractive. They cannot steal from nor disrespect a festering cold corpse providinng sustenance to maggots.

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pm

labor is cheap here.... why don't U just dig a moat and fill it full of Piranha
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh yea and very simple an extra deadbold made of heavy metal that acts
as an additional security even if they screw the lock out. It is the simple
stuff that kills me that people forget. Don't forget your wall gate if you
have that kind of house. You should have big deadbolts on the door into
the house and the door to the street. Glass in Concrete on top of 10 ft
wall with 4 ft smooth iron fence on top of that with vines with humongous
spines growing through it all. I think this looks much better than electric
fences or concertina wire but that is me. Not sure they are equal in
effectiveness but my solution sure looks better. I still see holes in my
property but luckily my neighbor has a big black roof dog (nice fellow not
neurotic) on one side of the property that fixes the problem. Folks use
common sense talk it out with some friends who are kinda technical and
don't take this too far. Lord save us from ourselves.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Home security  - Page 2 Empty Home Invasions

Post by drmike Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I've been away from the Board for a little while getting things done at my home in the States. "Oncesubtle" started this forum talking about the home invasions that have been occurring. What home invasions? Where did they occur? What was done to the residents? Was anything stolen? I checked the Crime Report and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Any information will be appreciated.
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Bob.

Is it too late for me to stay in the apartment on the 2nd floor?
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:55 pm

The rough stuff isn't happening in our neighborhood but is west of here. We're always looking for ways to improve the property and safety is but one ingredient. Your apartment is very secure Dr. Mike, and the second floor apartment will be available soon if you wish.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Folks all you need to disable a 30,000 volt fence is a thick leather coat or
even easier pull his meter and kill the power. Isn't the meter on the front
of the wall OUTSIDE so it can be read easily. Before you folks spend big
money being paranoid (and maybe rightly so) you should pick solutions
that work.

Z

Someone pulled the wires at my meter, shutting off my power a few weeks back, so I have had an iron cage built over it, which is pretty much permanently secured to the wall, no removing this thing with a screwdriver or hammer. The front has a padlocked door that opens if it needs servicing, but is quite easily readable by CFE. Cost was about 600p installed, for a fancy model copied from the ironwork on the door beside, a plain straight bar job would be a bit less. Very good for preventing theft of copper wire as well as the pre-break-in power disabling. Work was done by Salazars on the carretera east of Mirasol in Riberas. Noe speaks English and I highly recommend them.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks, do you happen to have their phone number?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Milena wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Folks all you need to disable a 30,000 volt fence is a thick leather coat or
even easier pull his meter and kill the power. Isn't the meter on the front
of the wall OUTSIDE so it can be read easily. Before you folks spend big
money being paranoid (and maybe rightly so) you should pick solutions
that work.

Z

Someone pulled the wires at my meter, shutting off my power a few weeks back, so I have had an iron cage built over it, which is pretty much permanently secured to the wall, no removing this thing with a screwdriver or hammer. The front has a padlocked door that opens if it needs servicing, but is quite easily readable by CFE. Cost was about 600p installed, for a fancy model copied from the ironwork on the door beside, a plain straight bar job would be a bit less. Very good for preventing theft of copper wire as well as the pre-break-in power disabling. Work was done by Salazars on the carretera east of Mirasol in Riberas. Noe speaks English and I highly recommend them.

That sounds like the fellas who built my steel shelving in the garage...
Then my slate/cement patio & walkway... Then repair of our Irrigation System...
He also brought us a Dandy Electrician who is rewiring the House...

Great Guys and very Reasonable... located directly beside and downhill of the ex- Pizza Place east of Mirasol...
Met them thru the folks at Upscale Resale...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Do you mean down hill from La Toscana Pizza place - didn't know it was out of business. Just trying to locate these guys as I would like to have meter protector made also.

Out here in San Juan Cosala I have several friends who lost their copper house wiring in the past 8 months. They pull it from the front of the house in the middle of the night. Copper is worth money. But can you imagine my friend's surprise when they got up in the morning and no electricity because there is no wire!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:33 pm

simpsca wrote:Do you mean down hill from La Toscana Pizza place - didn't know it was out of business. Just trying to locate these guys as I would like to have meter protector made also.

Out here in San Juan Cosala I have several friends who lost their copper house wiring in the past 8 months. They pull it from the front of the house in the middle of the night. Copper is worth money. But can you imagine my friend's surprise when they got up in the morning and no electricity because there is no wire!

Interesting...I just added a ground rod and wire to the circuit box so I could run some grounded plugs and we had to chip out a space in the rock wall and fully
seal it up with grout/cement as he says all the outside wires are being stolen. Guess he told me right.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm

simpsca wrote:Do you mean down hill from La Toscana Pizza place - didn't know it was out of business. Just trying to locate these guys as I would like to have meter protector made also.

No, not Toscana, the one called Fito's Pizza. There is a frontage road running parallel to the carretera, look down to your right next time you are just past Mirasol (being aware that this could easily get you kilt). To the left of the entry gate on the wall says 'Herreria' for Ironworker shop. Just open the steel door and go in, don't be scared of the security dog, he is a very nice guy for a pitt bull. Shocked

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2