INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza

+6
Hensley
gringal
CanuckBob
johninajijic
David
borderreiver
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza Empty Pizza, Pizza, Pizza

Post by borderreiver Wed May 02, 2012 12:23 am

Aurora get's a thumbs up. OK. that's good.
I'm thinkin wood fired, brick oven, thin crust pizza.
Does it exist Lakeside or, for that matter, in Guadalajara?
Or, is it, build it and they will come?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza Empty Re: Pizza, Pizza, Pizza

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 am

That's what Aurora has! Althought it's made in a standard oven I think The Score has the best pizza.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 am

David wrote:That's what Aurora has! Althought it's made in a standard oven I think The Score has the best pizza.

I thought Aurora had a brick oven?

Toscana in Riberas has brick oven thin crust pizza. Most people like it. We did too until one night he ran out of sauce and used tomato paste on our pizza. Truly YUK!!! Too lazy to make more pizza sauce???

Tango has pizza, not a lot of varities, but very good. La Taverna has pizza, I haven't had it. Others say it's good. Giovanni's has pizza too. IMO, Trattoria di Axixic has the best brick oven pizza, not thin crust, not thick either, but the correct combination of sauce, cheese and lots of oil.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 02, 2012 9:26 am

Yes, Aurora has a brick oven. They make very good thin crust pizza. The Score has very good Chicago style pizza. They are both quite tasty and quite different.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 9:33 am

[quote="johninajijic"]
David wrote:That's what Aurora has! Althought it's made in a standard oven I think The Score has the best pizza.

I thought Aurora had a brick oven?

quote]

Read the first sentence John.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, Aurora has a brick oven. They make very good thin crust pizza. The Score has very good Chicago style pizza. They are both quite tasty and quite different.

Being from Chicago I can assure you that the Pizza @ The Score is NOT "Chicago Style." I kinda wish it was, but it's damned good!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed May 02, 2012 9:38 am

Hey David: Did the Score get their air conditioner inside yet? Too noisy outside, and it gets too toasty inside. He did say the A/C was coming "soon".

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 am

gringal wrote:Hey David: Did the Score get their air conditioner inside yet? Too noisy outside, and it gets too toasty inside. He did say the A/C was coming "soon".

Soon, is that like manana? Maybe this week, next week or this year???
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed May 02, 2012 11:32 am

Manana means "not today." The Score does not have A/A today.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 am

Worst pizza I have ever had was there, unedible.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 05, 2012 8:09 am

I'm guessing that was before Brandon took it over in late March. His is excellent, the previous one wasn't.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 am

Hensley wrote:Worst pizza I have ever had was there, unedible.

You should have sent it back and they should have offered you something else in it's place.

Many people tout these so called "good" pizza places at Lakeside. Most of them are crap and the people touting these "good" pizza places wouldn't know a good pizza if it hit them in the face.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 am

Wrong again John, being from Chicago I know good Pizza, and so does CB. We'll vouch for Brandon's pizza. Hensley didn't have one of his but one from his predecessor.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am

"Many people tout these so called "good" pizza places at Lakeside. Most of them are crap and the people touting these "good" pizza places wouldn't know a good pizza if it hit them in the face."

John:
When you make such broad sweeping generalizations - I have a question that has been on my mind for a number of years:
Is it that you crave the attention you receive when people respond or are you simply a masochist who enjoys being verbally beat upon?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 05, 2012 10:54 am

CheenaGringo wrote:"Many people tout these so called "good" pizza places at Lakeside. Most of them are crap and the people touting these "good" pizza places wouldn't know a good pizza if it hit them in the face."

John:
When you make such broad sweeping generalizations - I have a question that has been on my mind for a number of years:
Is it that you crave the attention you receive when people respond or are you simply a masochist who enjoys being verbally beat upon?

I guess I enjoy your insignificant verbally abusive postings. Guess you can't comment on this topic at Lakeside since you don't live here and don't visit Lakeside.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 am

Oh yes, he visits. Nice guy too.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm

johninajijic wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:"Many people tout these so called "good" pizza places at Lakeside. Most of them are crap and the people touting these "good" pizza places wouldn't know a good pizza if it hit them in the face."

John:

I guess I enjoy your insignificant verbally abusive postings. Guess you can't comment on this topic at Lakeside since you don't live here and don't visit Lakeside.

Dawg would not take sides betwees John and CG but will observe, as I actually do live in Lakeside half of each year, that there is not one single decent pizza place in this area Not one .Now, in the Chiapas Highlands, where Dawg lives the other half of the year, there are quite a few very fine pizza joints but there is also a large Italian expat community. I wouldn´t recommend moving down there just for the good pizza but maybe just to get the hell out of this snotty, back-stabbing burg. Sun Ciy South. Embittered old-farts city.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Question for the almighty wordsmith, the Dawg:

Is there a difference between:
John's statement: "Most of them are crap and the people touting these "good" pizza places wouldn't know a good pizza if it hit them in the face."
OR
The Dawg's statement: "that there is not one single decent pizza place in this area "
OR
"there isn't a single pizza place that satisfies our personal preferences and tastes"

They all basically say the same thing but in all so different of a manner!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 05, 2012 3:35 pm

I'd say that sentence number three is the most accurate. No, I've not found the pizza I used to love, done just like I liked it back when.

Now, considering that most people here didn't move to Mexico to find pizza, it seems like nitpicking to expect it.
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 05, 2012 5:16 pm

[quote="gringal"]I'd say that sentence number three is the most accurate. No, I've not found the pizza I used to love, done just like I liked it back when.

Now, considering that most people here didn't move to Mexico to find pizza, it seems like nitpicking to expect it.
flag waver [/quote]

The pizzas in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, certainly more truly Mexican than Lakeside, are wonderful in several ´places. Dawg did not move to Chiapas for pizza but was mighty pleased to find it there plus a fabulous French patiserie and a great Burger King. You can´t always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun May 06, 2012 9:24 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="gringal"]I'd say that sentence number three is the most accurate. No, I've not found the pizza I used to love, done just like I liked it back when.

flag waver

Dawg quote - The pizzas in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, certainly more truly Mexican than Lakeside, are wonderful in several ´places. Dawg did not move to Chiapas for pizza but was mighty pleased to find it there plus a fabulous French patiserie and a great Burger King. You can´t always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need. quote

Since when does a Mexican know how to make pizza?

A great Burger King in your town!!! Since when is there such thing as a great BK. They're all junk food prepared by mostly teenagers who can't get a decent job.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun May 06, 2012 10:11 am

johninajijic wrote:

Are you going to start that bullshit again?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 06, 2012 10:22 am

John if you've ever eaten in a fine restaurant in New york your meal was probably prepared by a mexican from Puebla.
Where's a teenager supposed to find a decent job????
When you make statements like that you really look like a fool.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun May 06, 2012 12:47 pm

johninajijic wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="gringal"]I'd say that sentence number three is the most accurate. No, I've not found the pizza I used to love, done just like I liked it back when.

flag waver

Dawg quote - The pizzas in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas, certainly more truly Mexican than Lakeside, are wonderful in several ´places. Dawg did not move to Chiapas for pizza but was mighty pleased to find it there plus a fabulous French patiserie and a great Burger King. You can´t always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need. quote

A great Burger King in your town!!! Since when is there such thing as a great BK. They're all junk food prepared by mostly teenagers who can't get a decent job.

Now, now, now, John.

Two things:
* San Cristóbal de Las Casa has a large expat (real) Italian colony and a large expat French colony as well. The Italians tend to open and run fine thin crust, wood oven pizzerias which Dawg finds beguiling. Very few reprobates from Quincy, Mass.or the U.S. and Canada live there however since they find it a bit scary. That´s one of the reasons, among many, that we,moved there. Lakeside was really beginning to get on our nerves by 2005 after five years here. Sun City with Canadians, Wisconsinites and (shudder) Texans.
* What makes Burger King great in San Cristóbal is that it respects the colonial architecture of the town on the Andador and there is this great Commie bar across the street dedicated to the Cuban Revolution so one can dine on a cheese whopper al fresco while downing a Cuba Libre or Mojito and worshipping the life of Che Guevara all at the same time.
Imagine that; Burger King, the essence of capitalism and a Cuban drink in front of a poster of Che Guevara. Whet splendid irony.

You have led such a sheltered life, John.

By the way; the important thing is not the age of the person who makes your burger but whether or not he/she washes his/her hnds with vigor after defecating.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 pm

I suspect that the Dawg likes to pull the chain of the healthy eating advocates on here by singing the praises of that Capitalist King of salt and grease.

Keeps the cardiologists and surgeons in business, too, but ideally, you should get your grease overload in Chiapas and make sure you're back near Guadalajara in time for the medical results. I hear those hospitals up in the hills of Chiapas are pretty grim.

Remember John.........don't take this stuff too seriously. Evil or Very Mad

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next