INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside crimewatch

+23
Solovino
casi nada
NoTengoNada
David
saege007
Trailrunner
hound dog
Mainecoons
brigitte
little italy
johninajijic
Parker
Southbound
ComputerGuy
CanuckBob
Intercasa
itsme
espíritu del lago
gringal
CheenaGringo
hockables
ChickenLittle
prorader
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lakeside crimewatch - Page 3 Empty Re: Lakeside crimewatch

Post by hound dog Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Based upon our experiences while traveling, we would have to say that Patzcuaro would be at the top of our list. However, it is at an advantage since we have spent more time in that area versus the others - 23 days over the last three years. Even with that much time, we would never make such a decision without a good deal more experience. [/quote]

We considered Pátzcauro and Tapalpa as alterntive high altitude towns close by Lake Chapala and chose distant San Crostóbal de Las Casas instead. There is an important difference but to each his own.

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 pm

After we make our first visit to Chiapas in August, our opinions may change.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Well I am sure I will be adding a few more to my list within the next year or so. Once Mr. Dawg extends an invite to his place in the promised land down south I may just go and stay.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 10, 2012 9:47 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]Well I am sure I will be adding a few more to my list within the next year or so. Once Mr. Dawg extends an invite to his place in the promised land down south I may just go and stay.[/quote]

Operator, give me Norfolk, Virginia 544409, tell the folks back home this is The Promised Land calling and the po´ boy is on the line.
With eternal thanks to Dawg´s hero Chuck Berry

Fabulous, deserted beaches, splendid alpine forests, tropical jungles to die over, Mayan ruins from Palenque to Toniná to Yaxchilan to Bonampak, a huge and vibrant indigenous population, endlessly fascinating historic architecture, damn good food, drives through alarmingly steep mountainous and jungle laden lowland environments where you can pass splendid pine forests, beautiful coffee and banana and pineapple plantations and mind-boggling waterfalls with crystal azure waters that will blow your mind and, there, in a few moinths the world comes to an end according to our Maya ancestors. What more can you ask.

Give me a call when you arrive CB. Dawg is uaually there in the winter but who knows? If the world does indeed end this December, I hope to take the trip with a nice glass of Havana Club Dark Rum in hand at the Palenque ruins or maybe Toniná which whupped Palenque´s ass around 700 or so.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Dawg:

While I realize that you have been looking forward with great anticipation to the end of the world event, there seems to be a new fly in the ointment:
Maya calendar workshop documents time beyond 2012:

"Archaeologists have found a stunning array of 1,200-year-old Maya paintings in a room that appears to have been a workshop for calendar scribes and priests, with numerical markings on the wall that denote intervals of time well beyond the controversial cycle that runs out this December.

For years, prophets of doom have been saying that we're in for an apocalypse on Dec. 21, 2012, because that marks the end of the Maya "Long Count" calendar, which was based on a cycle of 13 intervals known as "baktuns," each lasting 144,000 days. But the researchers behind the latest find, detailed in the journal Science and an upcoming issue of National Geographic, say the writing on the wall runs counter to that bogus belief.

"It's very clear that the 2012 date, this end of 13 baktuns, while important, was turning the page," David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future.".................

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/10/11639788-maya-calendar-workshop-documents-time-beyond-2012?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg:

While I realize that you have been looking forward with great anticipation to the end of the world event, there seems to be a new fly in the ointment:
Maya calendar workshop documents time beyond 2012:

"Archaeologists have found a stunning array of 1,200-year-old Maya paintings in a room that appears to have been a workshop for calendar scribes and priests, with numerical markings on the wall that denote intervals of time well beyond the controversial cycle that runs out this December.

For years, prophets of doom have been saying that we're in for an apocalypse on Dec. 21, 2012, because that marks the end of the Maya "Long Count" calendar, which was based on a cycle of 13 intervals known as "baktuns," each lasting 144,000 days. But the researchers behind the latest find, detailed in the journal Science and an upcoming issue of National Geographic, say the writing on the wall runs counter to that bogus belief.

"It's very clear that the 2012 date, this end of 13 baktuns, while important, was turning the page," David Stuart, an expert on Maya hieroglyphs at the University of Texas at Austin, told reporters today. "Baktun 14 was going to be coming, and Baktun 15 and Baktun 16. ... The Maya calendar is going to keep going, and keep going for billions, trillions, octillions of years into the future.".................

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/10/11639788-maya-calendar-workshop-documents-time-beyond-2012?lite[/quote]

Well, damn. Dawg was planning to rent out the San Cristóbal shack at exhorbitant prices just for the supposed big event. Oh well, what the hell; joven, another Havana Club por favor Tomorrow is another day.

Meanwhile keep this information to yourself CG, Chiapas could use the tourist revenue.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 pm

CSI just posted this on Facebook:

"CSI Chapala was just informed that Lakeside Crime.com will no longer be maintaining their website. CSI is very sorry to hear this. They mentioned CSI, as well as the new Area Crime posting on the webboard, as the entities that would be taking over or substituting for their important role. We are NOT that type of organization. We are an organization whose sole purpose is to work within the structures of our law enforcement to suggest, get approval, and then launch new programs for the well-being and safety of the community. We are not a reporting group. We do not record or keep track of crimes nor are we privy to all the information of the police department.
We are very saddened that Lakeside Crime.com will be leaving. They did an EXCELLENT job of keeping us abreast of current crimes. They will be missed."

saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Now that TOB has had a few days to show what their plans are with the new "Area Crime" section, I would have to say that they are totally clueless as to what the heck they are doing! Locking threads or deleting threads in much the same manner that they strong arm their regular forums. I have to love their rationale that threads need to go away if they are over a day or so old. Heaven forbid that there is any kind of history out there to educate their members. Their original premise that they would be doing the community a service by having everything in one section was obviously bogus. This move was designed to help the mods with their control over what was being said without having to look through a bunch of threads in the regular section.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I mentioned it a couple of times on TOB - about the deleted threads, and each time, my comments got deleted! Oh well. Not everyone reads it every day. In this case you have to read it hourly to stay on top of things before they are deleted and forever gone.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm

You're toast. lol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 9:31 pm

it's really only a matter of time before I go off on the moderators. I'm trying really hard to behave myself.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 13, 2012 9:59 pm

I've been knocked off.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 pm

David wrote:I've been knocked off.

Congratulations?
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Tue May 15, 2012 5:10 am

I'm hearing from a good source that Duran is really a Tingen family member, This family thinks it is the royal family of Ajijic. They are not at all. Actually closer to the Thief of Bagdad than the King of Ajijic.

We have all been knocked off by Wimpy Duran. Power crazy jackass.

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 am

NoTengoNada wrote:I'm hearing from a good source that Duran is really a Tingen family member, This family thinks it is the royal family of Ajijic. They are not at all. Actually closer to the Thief of Bagdad than the King of Ajijic.

And you know who owns and runs Ajijic Tango with the worst Manager's attitude in Ajijic. I had a big blowout with him in the restaurant after the third time I made reservations for a certain table AWAY from the grille. He didn't honor my reservation for table location. He was saving two open tables, one of which we were supposed to have, for his Mexican friends. I got in his face and told him to go F... himself. He told me that he didn't care if I brought my Dinner group of 10 there. What a rotten attitude. We have never been back and never will go back. His product is no better than anyone elses and you have to put up with so much noise in the restaurant that you can't talk at a table.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 am

Aww. You have to excuse David, he's not overly bright. But I dn't blame you for not going back. If I'm having a meat dinner, I'm off to Bruno's. Almost always.

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 am

johninajijic wrote:
NoTengoNada wrote:I'm hearing from a good source that Duran is really a Tingen family member, This family thinks it is the royal family of Ajijic. They are not at all. Actually closer to the Thief of Bagdad than the King of Ajijic.

And you know who owns and runs Ajijic Tango with the worst Manager's attitude in Ajijic. I had a big blowout with him in the restaurant after the third time I made reservations for a certain table AWAY from the grille. He didn't honor my reservation for table location. He was saving two open tables, one of which we were supposed to have, for his Mexican friends. I got in his face and told him to go F... himself. He told me that he didn't care if I brought my Dinner group of 10 there. What a rotten attitude. We have never been back and never will go back. His product is no better than anyone elses and you have to put up with so much noise in the restaurant that you can't talk at a table.

Well, that little tirade puts the 50,000 deaths suffered in the past 6 years in perspective. Thanks for reminding me of what's really important.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

Really!

Bob????
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

saege007 wrote:

Congratulations?

Gracias! Probably a blessing!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 8:06 pm

The Lakeside Crime site has been resurrected. You can click on the link at the top of the home page to see it again. Looks like a nice site.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Better than knocked up.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The Lakeside Crime site has been resurrected. You can click on the link at the top of the home page to see it again. Looks like a nice site.

Very nice job!!! Kudos to those that accomplished this.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Is it under a new site? I tried www.lakesidecrime.com and got nada.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Click on the link at the top of our homepage.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Sat May 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks for that. I went on to report a recent crime, after hitting 'submit' it came up with an error message, would not complete. Does anyone know how to get a hold of whomever is now managing this site to report this problem?

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Hit the "Contact Us" button right under the home button at the top right hand corner of their home page.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next