INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted Extortion by former carpenter

5 posters

Go down

Attempted Extortion by former carpenter Empty Attempted Extortion by former carpenter

Post by funnygirl Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Saturday morning, 3 men in suits were dropped off at our front gate by our former carpenter. He drove his car around the corner so he couldn't be seen but my husband had already seen his car in the security camera. They claimed to have a message from "the judge". They gave my husband a fake document stating we had 72 hours to respond to their demands or by such and such a date they would have the right to break our locks and steal whatever they felt was of equal value to our so called outstanding bill. It's hard for me to even write into words what I think or feel about this individual. He should have been fired, that's all I can say. He's an idiot. That's the kindest thing I can say.

So the false document was taken to the Chapala police to file a formal complaint which they declined doing. They said it so common for lawyers to try and intimidate and extort people that they'd have paper work sky high if they filed them all. They said not to respond and to ignore it.

I'm sorry that unfortunately, people have to put up with this kind of pest but it does happen.

Someday, I'd like to have the splitting wood repaired. Of course we paid extra for cured wood.

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : watch it! I bite...

Back to top Go down

Attempted Extortion by former carpenter Empty Re: Attempted Extortion by former carpenter

Post by Carry Bean Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:13 pm

Geeze, maybe you should hire a couple of goons in suits to go to the carpenter's house & do the same thing. Sorry you're dealing with this.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Attempted Extortion by former carpenter Empty Re: Attempted Extortion by former carpenter

Post by Intercasa Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Remember, police prevent crimes, ministerio publico is the one who investigates and prosecutes.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by funnygirl Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 pm

yes dear, it was taken to the ministerio publico and that's what they said.

funnygirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : watch it! I bite...

Back to top Go down

Post by eñe Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Hmmmm.... stealing whatever is of "equal value"... well, just squirrel away any "leftovers" of value someplace safe, not on your property, then fill up some boxes and tambos with escombro, and let those creeps steal that instead!

Where we rented in Riberas, the landlord hired some guy to do painting (this was after we had moved out and we heard all this from the neighbors...) and the painter thought that if he did some extra work, even though it was not requested, that the landlord would just go ahead and pay him for it. The landlord told this jerk, "No, I did not ask you to paint that, so I'm not paying you for it."

So later when the landlord took some people over to see the rental, he discovered the pump to the water system had been stolen (most likely by the painter, who felt "entitled to compensation").

But, the joke was on the painter! That pump was an old, rebuilt piece of crap on its last gasp. What goes around comes around. What jerks!!!

eñe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Ahhh karma...ain't it wonderful? Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down