INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

+14
Luisa
Mainecoons
MexicoPete
Rosa Venus
Trailrunner
simpsca
Smartalex
Jim W
Intercasa
Chapalagringa
CanuckBob
merry
gringal
johninajijic
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars Empty Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

Post by johninajijic Fri May 25, 2012 2:01 pm

We went out at about 12:15 PM to drive to El Torito and Super Lake. We returned about 2:00 PM. You had your choice of parking spaces at El Torito. There was no traffic in either direction. We maybe saw 10 cars travelling East and 5 cars returning from Super Lake. A very quiet, trafficless day and we made most of the lights.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars Empty Re: Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

Post by gringal Fri May 25, 2012 2:08 pm

"Everyone's gone to the moon"?????

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars Empty Re: Ajijic is Very Quiet.....Driving from West Ajijic to Super L.ake....Few Cars

Post by merry Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm

johninajijic wrote:We went out at about 12:15 PM to drive to El Torito and Super Lake. We returned about 2:00 PM. You had your choice of parking spaces at El Torito. There was no traffic in either direction. We maybe saw 10 cars travelling East and 5 cars returning from Super Lake. A very quiet, trafficless day and we made most of the lights.

Everyone's hung over from the EPIC par-tay???

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 25, 2012 2:42 pm

You got that right "Aunty Joy"..........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri May 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Snowbirds flew north for the summer...typical, no?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

They were all driving down Ave Vallarta and then Mexico in Guad
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 25, 2012 3:32 pm

And you know this because.... you are not hung over!!!

Where the hell were you, Spence!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Intercasa is a great guy....He wimped out from the party....Merry, he is always the life of the party
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Wimp.... he's living in Guad now, it's too cozy for him to commute out to our little redneck burb! A year ago I thought he was crazy to live there, now we are the crazy ones.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri May 25, 2012 5:07 pm

He's been Tapatized.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri May 25, 2012 6:33 pm

There was no traffic coming from Ajijic to San Juan Cosala at 4pm today. Amazing, I haven't seen traffic this light in 10 years and like John said no traffic going in to town either. Even the new topes did not have a line of traffic backed up like usual.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Funny. This was not my experience at all. I left SAT at about 1:45 for west Ajijic. At Panino's, there was a parked convoy of State, Fed, and Army trucks with the guys milling around watching. Traffic was bumper to bumper.

On the way back from west Ajijic minutes later, the convoy had a small white sedan pulled over across from El Serape mas o menos, with 2 very scared looking guys and they were going through it. Again, bumper to bumper until about Toritos.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Traffic on the carretera is one thing.

I walk when I have the opportunity. Today I walked through Ajijic, to the malecon around noon (almost absolutely deserted, relative to a normal Friday), through the streets, etc. Stopped in a shop to see about having some pillows made. I waited patiently for about five minutes while the seamstress/proprietor talked to a young guy about "stuff".

It's a ghost town. Pueblo Fantasma. This sucks.

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Although I'm sure the crime a while back had something to do with this. Remember that many of us northern heat sissies head north when it gets too hot. It's always very slow at this time.

I know I will be back once the rain starts for real, you know late June, when it cools down. I just hope many others will be back too.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat May 26, 2012 7:36 am

Every since we've been here, May has been pretty quiet. Let's see what happens after school lets out.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sat May 26, 2012 8:13 am

I was on the carretera, central Ajijic, at 2:00 yesterday and it was jammed, especially traffic going west.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 am

What a great place to retire & watch the traffic !!
Does not get any better than this ______???

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat May 26, 2012 8:44 am

Luisa wrote:I was on the carretera, central Ajijic, at 2:00 yesterday and it was jammed, especially traffic going west.

That was time of day. If you get out about 12, it's usually OK. At 2:00 PM the workers are out getting lunch and Maestros will be going from place to place. Also, people picking up kids from private schools and kids getting out of public schools.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 am

I've been here 14 years and this is REALLY quiet! Somehow I missed all the army trucks - did see a convoy of about 4 black Federale trucks headed west in Riberas.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 am

MexicoPete wrote:Although I'm sure the crime a while back had something to do with this. Remember that many of us northern heat sissies head north when it gets too hot. It's always very slow at this time.

...and then there's the Texans like me who always headed SOUTH to come here about this time. I spent many a summer here to escape the blistering Texas heat, fragile little flower that I am! It took me a while to realize that people were calling this stuff "hot."

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 am

I just went to the airport at 6:00am this morning and the traffic was unbelievably heavy for that time of the day. The airport was also as busy as I have ever seen it. Go figure????
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 am

Taking company to go back home or bringing in new company CBob? Beer
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 9:37 am

My daughter and her boyfriend were heading back home. No more company planned until probably November and beyond.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat May 26, 2012 10:57 am

...and then there's the Texans like me who always headed SOUTH to come here about this time. I spent many a summer here to escape the blistering Texas heat, fragile little flower that I am! It took me a while to realize that people were calling this stuff "hot."

Merry
Smokealot
[/quote

Me too. What part of Texas ? I am outside of Austin in nowhere land. My small town maybe 600 people. So far not so hot this year. 97 is a cool front compared to last year.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 26, 2012 11:16 am

I am beginning to wonder if there is an alternative universe in Ajijic? At virtually the same times mentioned by John, a friend had to go from Riberas to La Floresta and back to Riberas twice and his experience was the direct opposite with heavy traffic. Maybe he was just driving in that alternate universe?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next