INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening

+8
Vivavida28
CheenaGringo
merry
Oldshoe
DaveP
Flamingo
Mad_Max
mielicita
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening Empty Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening

Post by mielicita Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

I just received this from a friend:

QUOTE:
Please post wherever it would be helpful.

At about 8pm here was an accident near Bamboo furniture in Riberas
involving a Chrysler Voyager. There were two dogs in the car.
My Mexican friend said the dogs were left in the car.

The woman had no identification but had some money. Her car has Indiana
plates. She is about 70, blonde hair, and had no shoes on. She had a paper with an
address of 10 Santes Vicente (sic) on it...but no one was in
the house. The woman was unconscious. Her status is unknown.

I managed to get hold of Dale Palfrey a few minutes ago.

If anyone recognises her please contact the Red Cross".
UNQUOTE

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST THIS ON THE OTHER BOARD? MANY THANKS.

Last edited by mielicita on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info.)

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening Empty Re: Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening

Post by mielicita Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Bump

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening Empty Re: Accident on carretera near Bamboo Furniture Riberas at 8pm this evening

Post by Mad_Max Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:05 pm

posted on Chapala.com
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Posted on WestEnders
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:40 am

It's been reported on other forums that the woman died, her identity is known to the police, and we don't know what happened to the dogs. Very sad.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:47 pm

mielicita wrote:It's been reported on other forums that the woman died, her identity is known to the police, and we don't know what happened to the dogs. Very sad.

Yes it is very sad about the dogs and the lady.
Where has it been reported that she died? I have checked 3 other forums and except for the above message on TOB there is no mention of this accident.

DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Oops sorry Dave P. It was on a few private boards that I belong to. Her name was Karen Marts McConnaghey, Ops Manager for Focus on Mexico. Her husband teaches tai chi. Very very sad.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldshoe Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Just talked to Karen - and she's just fine. Thankfully!!

Oldshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Well heck, lucky I said allegedly and reportedly when I repeated what I was told with seemingly (!!) good authority.

Who IS the unlucky woman then?!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Karen just posted on TOB and rightfully so is quite upset!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:29 pm

As are her friends who have been grieving until now.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivavida28 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Yikes...no! I'm fine. This is Karen McConnaughey...I was not killed in an accident last night. Please let's get this news out there. I have gotten phone calls and emails AND lots of upset people! Stop now! I'm so interested in how this rumor got started!

Vivavida28

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivavida28 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Thank everyone for your concern, and really, I'm not upset for myself, I'm just really upset for my friends that read this and believed it. It was just kind of shocking to read.

Vivavida28

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Vivavida28 wrote:Thank everyone for your concern, and really, I'm not upset for myself, I'm just really upset for my friends that read this and believed it. It was just kind of shocking to read.

WELL -- this sounds like cause for a wild party!! HURRAY!!!!!

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:39 pm

So happy you are still among us, didn't think you were 70ish either, blond hair and dogs worked though. Celebrate your life tonight with dinner and a drink!

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivavida28 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 pm

LOL...thanks everyone...it does seem like a good idea for a party, doesn't it? And, goodness, now you ALL know me, but I'm not sure who it is I'm talking to...except OldShoe...I figured you out! LOL Love you guys.

Vivavida28

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:28 pm

mielicita wrote:Oops sorry Dave P. It was on a few private boards that I belong to. Her name was Karen Marts McConnaghey, Ops Manager for Focus on Mexico. Her husband teaches tai chi. Very very sad.

Karen, I am sooooooo sorry for having posted, along with others. I don't think I know you, but what a relief to know that you are ok. This was posted on another board, private, so I have left off the name:

"On FB someone posted that her name was Karen Marts McConnaghey."

Very very strange. Wondering if someone was hurt at all. Warm regards.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 pm

mielicita wrote:
mielicita wrote:Oops sorry Dave P. It was on a few private boards that I belong to. Her name was Karen Marts McConnaghey, Ops Manager for Focus on Mexico. Her husband teaches tai chi. Very very sad.

Karen, I am sooooooo sorry for having posted, along with others. I don't think I know you, but what a relief to know that you are ok. This was posted on another board, private, so I have left off the name:

"On FB someone posted that her name was Karen Marts McConnaghey."

Very very strange. Wondering if someone was hurt at all. Warm regards.
I think it is real - email came from a credible source (apparently her mexican neighbor was a 1st hand witness) - and in rereading them - included the info that Norm went down last night to the red cross and could not identify her - and cause was a blown tire.

I did look in the online newspapers and found nothing about this - but did see an article where 4 kids (18-23) from Ocotlan were found dead in Michocan

The other info - police identified her etc was NOT included in the information I received.

So I am guessing this probably did happen -

Did look a the online newspapers = and found nothing. But did see where 4 guys ( rescatistas - rescuers? 18-23) from Ocotlan were found murdered in Michoacan today - so looks like violence not over just moved to another commmunity.............
http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2012/380494/6/hallan-muertos-a-rescatistas-jaliscienses-en-michoacan.htm
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Wow! Good thing that news of your demise was greatly exaggerated. Happy to hear you're still here.

If I were you I'd start happy hour a bit early.

Cheers, we'll have one for you as well this evening, then one for your husband, and one for your friends.

Beer

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivavida28 Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Okay...if you all are going to be out there drinking, you be careful now! Don't drink & drive! I'll just enjoy my Don Julio here at home. Glad I have a god sense of humor!

Vivavida28

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:28 pm

OK if you weren't in an auto accident, is there still an as yet unidentified woman somewhere? And if you were in an accident, I an glad you are OK.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivavida28 Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:32 pm

I don't believe the woman has been identified yet, but I'm okay.

Vivavida28

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:02 pm

So was there really an accident? And if so...who was in the car?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:09 pm

kipissippi wrote:So was there really an accident? And if so...who was in the car?
Yes - there really was an accident - according to a credible friend, her neighbor happened to be in a house with friends on the street nearby and was the first on the scene...went to Red Cross and stayed with her until she was told she had died.

Apparently the cause of the accident was a blown tire.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Mad_Max wrote:
kipissippi wrote:So was there really an accident? And if so...who was in the car?
Yes - there really was an accident - according to a credible friend, her neighbor happened to be in a house with friends on the street nearby and was the first on the scene...went to Red Cross and stayed with her until she was told she had died.

Apparently the cause of the accident was a blown tire.
And I did get an update that the person was identified last evening by the Chapala police - but they haven't released the name.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next