INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review

+15
hound dog
little italy
gringal
Jim W
oncesubtle
Bruno's Restaurant
Lady Otter Latté
joec
CanuckBob
slainte39
buzzy
locogringo
sundown
Grizzy
johninajijic
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review Empty BRUNO'S Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Six of us from our Bi Monthly Dinner group ate at Bruno's Restaurant tonight. Two of us had the famous Baseball Filet, one had the Ladie's Filet, one had the BBQ ribs, tender and delicious, one had Prime Rib and one had Sea Bass in Garlic sauce. First the meals are served with a Caesar Salad with pine nuts. All the meals are served with a large Baked potato with a chunk of butter and a quarter ear of buttered corn. You can ask for sour cream.

Everyone loved their meals. Bruno's is one of the oldest restaurants in Ajijic, only outdone in years by Manix and the Old Posada. The prices are reasonable.

BRUNO'S Restaurant
Open 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review Empty Re: BRUNO'S Restaurant Review

Post by Grizzy Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm

I love Bruno's!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

Old Posada ????
Changes every few months & always bad

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

sundown wrote:Old Posada ????
Changes every few months & always bad

I meant outdone in age, not in food. Although Manixd is the most consistent restaurant in Ajijic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by locogringo Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm

The last three years, on my visits to Ajijic, my favorite restaurant has been Bruno's. Best rib-eye steak ever regardless of cost. I love that little hole in the wall.
locogringo
locogringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by buzzy Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 pm

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO BRUNOS FOR LUNCH. VICKI IS THERE COOKING AND GRILLING WITH GREAT INEXPENSIVE ENTRES. MEATLOAF, BBQD BURGERS LIVER AND ONIONS, AND MORE. DAILY SPECIALS ALSO. BASEBALL FILLETS AND RIBS PLUS MORE ARE ALSO ON THE MENU. I HAD THE DAILY SPECIAL...PRIME RIB BEEF DIP AND MY FRIEND HAD THE MAC AND CHEESE...MADE WITH SHARPE CHEDDAR. EXCELLENT TRY IT!

buzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Totally agree...one of the best lunch menus around...especially for the money.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 am

I finally went to Bruno's last night for my first time. It was excellent. It was the best steak and baked potato I have had down here thus far.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

BRUNO'S Restaurant Review Empty BRUNO'S Restaurant Review - For the Best Steaks in Ajijic

Post by joec Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am

Three of us went to BRUNO'S last night. We arrived with reservations at 6 PM and the place was packed. You will need reservations on a Friday or Saturday night for sure at that time. We did see a well known Ajijic resident there with his wife and friends whom you ALL know.

We were served their Salad first, a nice mixture of romaine and red leaf lettuce, very fresh with a light creamy dressing with pine nuts. Deeeelicious. Then we ordered our entrees, one person ordered the Rib Eye steak, one ordered the Ribs and I ordered the small Filet as the Baseball Filet is too large for me. Each meal comes with a huge Baked Potato, lots of butter and a quarter ear of corn, buttered generously. Sour cream for the baked potato is served on the side. Our steaks arrived as ordered although my fiends Rib Eye could have been cooked a tad more. Everyone loved their food. Service was excellent even without Vicky there. Her brother was running the operatioin and it flowed smoothly.

Bruno's has without a doubt one of the best Filets and Ribs at Lakeside. There was a little placard under the table glass that said 10% off on Mondays.

Bruno's - Open Friday to Tuesday - 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM - They have a Lunch Menu too! - 766 1674

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 am

Joec, thanks for the helpful review.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's Restaurant Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm

We are really happy to read all the great reviews! if there is any bad stuff don't be afraid to let us know and we will try our best to fix it.
Thanks, Bruno's

Bruno's Restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Are you doing prime rib now and if so could you please provide the particulars, i.e. day of the week, reservations etc.. Thanks
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

joec wrote: Service was excellent even without Vicky there. Her brother was running the operatioin and it flowed smoothly.

Bruno's - Open Friday to Tuesday - 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM - They have a Lunch Menu too! - 766 1674

Vicki should give you a "free dinner" for that statement/compliment. lol! lol! [b]

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's Restaurant Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Are you doing prime rib now and if so could you please provide the particulars, i.e. day of the week, reservations etc.. Thanks
Hey there. we serve prime rib on Friday and Saturday's. But it is important that you call to make a reservation @ 766 1674 or send us a message on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/RestaurantBrunosAjijic?fref=ts

Bruno's Restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno's Restaurant Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm

joec wrote:Three of us went to BRUNO'S last night. We arrived with reservations at 6 PM and the place was packed. You will need reservations on a Friday or Saturday night for sure at that time. We did see a well known Ajijic resident there with his wife and friends whom you ALL know.

We were served their Salad first, a nice mixture of romaine and red leaf lettuce, very fresh with a light creamy dressing with pine nuts. Deeeelicious. Then we ordered our entrees, one person ordered the Rib Eye steak, one ordered the Ribs and I ordered the small Filet as the Baseball Filet is too large for me. Each meal comes with a huge Baked Potato, lots of butter and a quarter ear of corn, buttered generously. Sour cream for the baked potato is served on the side. Our steaks arrived as ordered although my fiends Rib Eye could have been cooked a tad more. Everyone loved their food. Service was excellent even without Vicky there. Her brother was running the operatioin and it flowed smoothly.

Bruno's has without a doubt one of the best Filets and Ribs at Lakeside. There was a little placard under the table glass that said 10% off on Mondays.

Im not Vicki's brother im her son :) haha

Bruno's Restaurant

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm

BRUNO'S is sure getting a lot of mileage......without buyin a Banner Ad....YA THINK? Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Jim W wrote:BRUNO'S is sure getting a lot of mileage......without buyin a Banner Ad....YA THINK? Beer

"Word of mouth is the best advertising" si? And, what if people pan a place that does put a banner ad......should they get a refund?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Bruno's Restaurant wrote:
joec wrote:Three of us went to BRUNO'S last night. We arrived with reservations at 6 PM and the place was packed. You will need reservations on a Friday or Saturday night for sure at that time. We did see a well known Ajijic resident there with his wife and friends whom you ALL know.

Im not Vicki's brother im her son :) haha

OOPS!!! Sorry, my bad. With BRUNO'S quality and service they'll be here another 25 + years.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Actually, in terms of Vicki´s ego, it is your GOOD!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:42 pm

Jim W wrote:BRUNO'S is sure getting a lot of mileage......without buyin a Banner Ad....YA THINK? Beer

Bruno's has purchased a banner ad. We are waiting for the artwork, so it is no problemo.

Thanks Bruno's!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Are you doing prime rib now and if so could you please provide the particulars, i.e. day of the week, reservations etc.. Thanks

Last year a group of us went to Bruno's on a Friday, Vicky had two prime ribs that were "open season" sort to speak, I almost jumped out of my seat and said "I WANT ONE", what a treat, next to Rib eye best of the best.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

gringal wrote:

"Word of mouth is the best advertising" si? And, what if people pan a place that does put a banner ad......should they get a refund?
Beer

Gringal, I'm sure I am missing something.......What does "if people pan a place that does put a a banner ad", mean?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Bruno's Restaurant wrote: Im not Vicki's brother im her son :) haha

Eight of us went to Bruno's tonite for prime rib. On a rating scale of 1 to 5 stars, everbody gave it a 6. The big favorite is the baked potato with the meat, sweet corn, salad, etc. right there too.
To have eight people sit down to a prime rib dinner without one negative word speaks for itself.
The big laugh of the night was Kelton wondering if he looked, uh say "mature" enough to be his Mom's brother.
Of course, we said "no, your Mom just looks that young"....everybody happy.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:17 pm

Bruno´s has the best steak and potatos in the area. Period. too bad the restaurant/dive itself with the immovable chairs set in concrete is such a bummer. It´s too bad that Vickie´s old restaurant, a great place, is not where they are cooking these days.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:29 pm

hound dog wrote:Bruno´s has the best steak and potatos in the area. Period. too bad the restaurant/dive itself with the immovable chairs set in concrete is such a bummer. It´s too bad that Vickie´s old restaurant, a great place, is not where they are cooking these days.

The Decor just keeps the Riff-Raff out so the rest of us can enjoy our Red Meat!! grrrrrlll...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next