INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets also not forget to support local businesses

+28
E-raq
MaggieL
RoofBob
Mainecoons
penylofr
hockables
Walter
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
David
Zedinmexico
slainte39
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
ajijicbob
casi nada
Parker
viajero
wheels
gringal
Intercasa
johninajijic
Sideways
simpsca
saege007
Big Daddy Mexico
Trailrunner
Flamingo
CanuckBob
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 5 Empty Re: Lets also not forget to support local businesses

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Heck there are some places in upper Ajijic where it is so steep that literally half of the homes on one street have elevators, really. Now I have not ridden up in many of them. And luckily those who live in these homes only have one or two cars so there isn't a car elevator.

Oh and I have a helipad for helicopters to land on, on my roof too.. Oh I can't exaggerate and lie about that anymore, I finally saved up enough money to put in more solar panels,and you can see that it's not a helipad, darn :)

MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 5 Empty Re: Lets also not forget to support local businesses

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm

oncesubtle wrote:La Jolla, pronounced La Hoya, is one of the most exclusive beach front communities in southern California (San Diego). It's where Mitt Romney has bought an ocean front home and is putting in a car elevator and other 'improvements' pissing off almost everyone who lives there.

Yep, pissing off people who are jealous of his money and the mansion he has because "he" earned it and they're losers. Some people are always jealous of others who have more. More power to him!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:31 pm

johninajijic wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:La Jolla, pronounced La Hoya, is one of the most exclusive beach front communities in southern California (San Diego). It's where Mitt Romney has bought an ocean front home and is putting in a car elevator and other 'improvements' pissing off almost everyone who lives there.

Yep, pissing off people who are jealous of his money and the mansion he has because "he" earned it and they're losers. Some people are always jealous of others who have more. More power to him!!!
John it's his neighbors who are pissed off and if they live in in that neighborhood you can hardly call them losers, at least not from a financial standpoint.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:33 pm

viajero - Sorry about my wording. I'll have to reread my posts more closely before hitting the send button. But as you know many people are jealous of others who are rich.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm

I think the proper word is "envious."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:44 pm

johninajijic wrote:viajero - Sorry about my wording. I'll have to reread my posts more closely before hitting the send button. But as you know many people are jealous of others who are rich.
No problem John,I think a lot of the ill feelings towards the rich have to do with how many of them made their fortunes and the fact that hard working middle class people are not getting their fair share anymore.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:56 pm

....but it really, really helps to get richer if your family is rich to begin with.

However, although money will not buy happiness, it's much more comfortable to cry your heart out in an air conditioned penthouse than in a mud hut with bugs all over the floor.
pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
E-raq wrote:Back to local business, on TOB (gasp) there is apparently a new Egyptian restaurant in Ajijic, yummmmm hummus, shawarma etc. etc. etc. Going there for suuuuure.
Just around the corner is a new bakery and Deli, hmmmm perhaps a little too convenient. Allegedly outrageously good.
Cafe Cairo and Lilifher ( the bakery/deli)

The Restaurant is on Marcos Castellanos near the church, and the bakery/deli is on Colon near the bank. Now if anyone on here gets there before I do and the blackberry bars are gone I'll know who to blame. I will forgive if there are still some croissants left, just a hint. Very Happy

Try the 20 pesos fruit drink. I think it has a little bit of ice cream in it and goes very well with the food
at the middle east resturante.

The bakery has wonderful rye bread in nice small sliced loaf for $20 but when its gone it is gone.

Z

Well Zed, that mango milkshake was unbelievable!!! The bakery was pretty much sold out, ni modo, and the hummus was fantastic, voted by us, best on planet.
Will post a review of Cafe Cairo tomorrow, pretty tired this evening. BTW ladies, plenty of eye candy too. Trust the raq.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm

David wrote:I think the proper word is "envious."

It is David, and is not an attractive character trait. JMHO.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:51 pm

As an emotion (not a trait) perhaps a bit more healthy than "jealousy." Envy causes fewer crimes than jealousy.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:43 pm

David wrote:As an emotion (not a trait) perhaps a bit more healthy than "jealousy." Envy causes fewer crimes than jealousy.

David, I would respectfully disagree. Envy is considered to be, by many, one of the seven deadly sins. Jealousy is a reactive emotion to a loss which may or may not be impending. It is transitory and self limiting, whereas envy is much more destructive and long lasting.

The jealous person wants what they perceive to be theirs and reacts to any threat which may remove the desired object from them. Temporary. They are not motivated by envy, they are motivated by fear of loss.

The envious person sees that someone else has a desired object, such as a ferrari, not only does the envious person feel jealousy towards the owner of the ferrari, he may go so far as to destroy the ferrari so that nobody can have it, if he can't. Where does it stop? With the ferrari, the house, the bank account, a wife, a career? This can be a permanent state of affairs with the envious person, and it can be highly destructive to all concerned. Once again, JMHO.

This would be an excellent topic for the octagon.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 am

johninajijic wrote:

Good lord John he didn't earn it he got it from his family. His family is rich. Yes he earned his money later but starting
out with a big chunk of change doesn't make him some rich guy to be proud of. I don't care who has money but he
was not a pull himself up by his own bootstraps kinda guy. I don't as a rule tend to respect rich peoples children very
much. Seen too many bad ones.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am

E-raq wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
E-raq wrote:Back to local business, on TOB (gasp) there is apparently a new Egyptian restaurant in Ajijic, yummmmm hummus, shawarma etc. etc. etc. Going there for suuuuure.
Just around the corner is a new bakery and Deli, hmmmm perhaps a little too convenient. Allegedly outrageously good.
Cafe Cairo and Lilifher ( the bakery/deli)

The Restaurant is on Marcos Castellanos near the church, and the bakery/deli is on Colon near the bank. Now if anyone on here gets there before I do and the blackberry bars are gone I'll know who to blame. I will forgive if there are still some croissants left, just a hint. Very Happy

Try the 20 pesos fruit drink. I think it has a little bit of ice cream in it and goes very well with the food
at the middle east resturante.

The bakery has wonderful rye bread in nice small sliced loaf for $20 but when its gone it is gone.

Z

Well Zed, that mango milkshake was unbelievable!!! The bakery was pretty much sold out, ni modo, and the hummus was fantastic, voted by us, best on planet.
Will post a review of Cafe Cairo tomorrow, pretty tired this evening. BTW ladies, plenty of eye candy too. Trust the raq.

Didn't that milkshake go extremely well with the food ?

The bakery is pretty much sold out by 11:30 in morning.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 am

E-raq wrote:
David wrote:As an emotion (not a trait) perhaps a bit more healthy than "jealousy." Envy causes fewer crimes than jealousy.

David, I would respectfully disagree. Envy is considered to be, by many, one of the seven deadly sins. Jealousy is a reactive emotion to a loss which may or may not be impending. It is transitory and self limiting, whereas envy is much more destructive and long lasting.

The jealous person wants what they perceive to be theirs and reacts to any threat which may remove the desired object from them. Temporary. They are not motivated by envy, they are motivated by fear of loss.

The envious person sees that someone else has a desired object, such as a ferrari, not only does the envious person feel jealousy towards the owner of the ferrari, he may go so far as to destroy the ferrari so that nobody can have it, if he can't. Where does it stop? With the ferrari, the house, the bank account, a wife, a career? This can be a permanent state of affairs with the envious person, and it can be highly destructive to all concerned. Once again, JMHO.

I agree that envy is referred to as one of the seven deadly sins. However, to sin is to act. Every reference I can find refers to envy as an emotion. And, of course, to emote is to act. Regardless, both envy and jealousy are not especially healthy!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by swope Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:29 am

Or let's stray from Abrahamism values and illustrate it with a principal Buddhist tenent, to desire is to suffer. Either way you pay.

swope

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:54 am

swope wrote:Or let's stray from Abrahamism values and illustrate it with a principal Buddhist tenent, to desire is to suffer. Either way you pay.

To desire, envy, or be jealous of causes suffering. Better to replace it with compassion and loving kindness.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 5 Empty Veering towards the original topic

Post by merry Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:07 am

simpsca wrote:...any restaurant is supporting a fairly large Mexican work force and I believe they need our patronage. I know there has not been enough work for all waiters at all the restaurants.

I don't know of any restaurant that doesn't have mostly Mexican employees.

Teetering back slowly towards the topic.... the reason foreigners are allowed to open businesses here is that they CREATE (rather than take away) local jobs.

Where and when is the next swarming?

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 am

Mario's next week. Day & time TBA........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:48 pm

David wrote:
E-raq wrote:

I agree that envy is referred to as one of the seven deadly sins. However, to sin is to act. Every reference I can find refers to envy as an emotion. And, of course, to emote is to act. Regardless, both envy and jealousy are not especially healthy!

Seven Deadly Sins... what a load of Crap....
GREED... is Good.... Prime motivational tool....
PRIDE is Good... As in Pride in One's Workmanship
WRATH.... I might hold back fer Personal Use once in a while...

Darned Catholics always wanna take all the fun outta life.... Blackeye

PS:.... Its better to ask forgiveness than permission...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Hey Hocks, just making a point there, when it comes to politics or religion I'm gonzo, and have no opinions whatsoever.

Sooo Greed is good, would you be the new Gordon Gekko?

Pride, in one's work is good stuff, no hay problema.

Wrath, I have been know to indulge on occasion. ;-)

Cheers dude,
Happy hour beckons.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5