INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets also not forget to support local businesses

+28
E-raq
MaggieL
RoofBob
Mainecoons
penylofr
hockables
Walter
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
David
Zedinmexico
slainte39
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
ajijicbob
casi nada
Parker
viajero
wheels
gringal
Intercasa
johninajijic
Sideways
simpsca
saege007
Big Daddy Mexico
Trailrunner
Flamingo
CanuckBob
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 3 Empty Re: Lets also not forget to support local businesses

Post by David Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Interestingly California's economy is slightly larger than Canada's.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 3 Empty Re: Lets also not forget to support local businesses

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 pm

I am talking wealth of the country, not money movement. Minus away the USA's multi trillion dollar debt and they are worthless. California on it's own even worse.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:32 pm

slainte39 wrote:Some other terms not mentioned here:

güero(a)...light skined Hispanic...commonly used around the Lake Chapala area

Nope. Doesn't have to be Hispanic. My friends call me "güero" all of the time (among other things). Any fair-skinned person is fair game to be called "güero" or "güera".

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:California is a country now............?????? Jajajaja

Probably the Califonia GNP is the same as all Canada. LOL It is a huge place financially.

Z

Your not trying to compare California's financial nightmare to Canada are you. When you minus away debt I would suspect that Canada is far wealthier than the entire USA......let alone that mess in California.
Thats pretty funny Bob but not surprising coming from someone who's country's best known exports are comedians,lumber and maple syrup.Anyway you can't foreclose on a country,especially not one as well armed as the US.
That said, as a 5th generation Californian it makes me sad to think about what's happened to the"Golden State"
PS:I give Canada a lot of credit for how they've come through the global economic crisis,kudos to the canadian banking system.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Me too! I give Canada a lot of credit.

I'm sad about California too, I spent most of my life there, first southern then after I knew better, the Bay A. Such a great and beautiful state, such a friggin' mess. But then - so is the whole country.

Canada, it seems, has really got it's act together. Bravo for the maple leaf.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm

on the whole gringo topic, i dont really care what people call me. Im a happy canadian, who lived on the usa border and i call mexico my home. As long as people are nice to you and your nice back it doesent really matter.
And i also want to add that we should all support big daddy sausage because they are damn good (i just bar-b-qued some tonight) and him and his wife are really nice people!! And we should support Sasha and her salon, because shes a friend and she might kick my butt for not saying anything!! LOL!!
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 pm

casi nada wrote:
slainte39 wrote:Some other terms not mentioned here:

güero(a)...light skined Hispanic...commonly used around the Lake Chapala area

Nope. Doesn't have to be Hispanic. My friends call me "güero" all of the time (among other things). Any fair-skinned person is fair game to be called "güero" or "güera".

Won't argue your point as that it could be. In my family, güeros are usually Mexican, and other foreigners (light skinned), are norteamericanos, gringos, canadienses, or whatever nacionalidad they are.
Las Menonitas, from up north (Chihuahua, Zacatecas), the cheese vendors, are usually called "güeros" when they come to Guadalajara to peddle their cheeses. Most are blond, blue-eyed Mexicans of German ancestry.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:41 pm

The first time I saw a mennonite kid in overalls selling cheese at a busy intersection in Guadalajara,I thought what the heck?
They make a very good "manchego".

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Before anyone get overly orgasmic and gooey about Canadian banks, remember they got cash too!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/canadian-banks-got-billions-in-support-report-says/article4103645/
Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 3 87465
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Walter wrote:Before anyone get overly orgasmic and gooey about Canadian banks, remember they got cash too!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/canadian-banks-got-billions-in-support-report-says/article4103645/
Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 3 87465

one of em's got my $17.39... been saving up!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:07 pm

"The first time I saw a mennonite kid in overalls selling cheese at a busy intersection in Guadalajara,I thought what the heck?
They make a very good "manchego"."

Back in the days when we felt comfortable driving down through Chihuahua State, there was a town part way between the border and Chihuahua City called Villa Ahumada or as we called it: cheese town:
[img]Lets also not forget to support local businesses - Page 3 Img_0613[/img]

Mennonites owned the dairies and cheese making facilities throughout the area. They produced some fine cheeses and there were multiple cheese shops in every block.

Mennonites in Mexico: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mennonites_in_Mexico

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

There is a Colonia Menonita just off the highway in northern Mexico. What I noticed first in that flat, brown dirt landscape was a young tow-headed, overall-clad lad sitting atop a tractor plowing a field as big as Texas.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by penylofr Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 pm

The Mennonites did not have tractors back in the late '70's. They used horses or burros to pull just about everything! We could see them working across the Rio Grande river in the State of Chihuahua.

penylofr

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Hocks- They expect me to cover that $17.39, before I can escape agin! Basta
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

viajero wrote:The first time I saw a mennonite kid in overalls selling cheese at a busy intersection in Guadalajara,I thought what the heck?
They make a very good "manchego".

Sure did, as well as a lot of other cheeses, including chihuahua. Most of the Menonites that sold cheese in Guadalajara were from Zacatecas. I haven't seen them in Guadalajara for a long time but I don't go there much anymore. My kids who live in Guad. say that they ran afoul of some health inspection code...don't know if that's true or not.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

CanuckBob wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:California is a country now............?????? Jajajaja

Probably the Califonia GNP is the same as all Canada. LOL It is a huge place financially.

Z

Your not trying to compare California's financial nightmare to Canada are you. When you minus away debt I would suspect that Canada is far wealthier than the entire USA......let alone that mess in California.

GSP of Califonia is 1.9 trillion. (Gross state product)
GNP of Canada is 1.58 trillion. (Gross national product)

Don't know the debt loads of both places good question

Debt of Califonia is 1.58 trillion.
Debt of Canada is 1.9 trillion.

Now number of people

People in Califonia 37,253,000
People in Canada 34,278,000

I think using these numbers Canada compares quite closely to Califonia.

Interesting fact looks like US debt per person is about three times Canada debt per person.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 am

Zed, I have no idea where you get your facts from but they are totally wrong. Canada's national debt (for the whole freaking country) is currently at 585 BILLION (and climbing) so go back and recalculate your theory......jajajaja.

Canada is not even remotely comparable to California. It is a joke to suggest otherwise.

http://www.debtclock.ca/
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 am

CanuckBob wrote:Zed, I have no idea where you get your facts from but they are totally wrong. Canada's national debt (for the whole freaking country) is currently at 585 BILLION (and climbing) so go back and recalculate your theory......jajajaja.

Canada is not even remotely comparable to California. It is a joke to suggest otherwise.

http://www.debtclock.ca/

Sorry about the error you are right. HOWEVER you are in Denial my friend. Canada is the 9th largest economy
in the world. California is the 8th and it use to be the 6th before the depression. Population is close, GDP is
close. I don't want to live in Califonia and I was born there but it is a huge place financially. Hope you avoid the
debt situation but 585 billion is a lot of money compared to the population. US I am afraid is doomed unless
we change something quick which isn't going to happen with the current rodents in power. Why so touchy
about being compared to Cali???

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 am

It seems to me that if you all are going to compare debt, you would need to add up both the national and provincial debts of Canada and compare it to the state and allocated portion of Federal debt added together for California.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 am

Because California is one of the biggest financial messes there is. Canada is one of the biggest financial successes there is. You are the one that needs to face the reality.

California - 37 million people with 1.58 trillion dollar debt
Canada - 34 million people with 585 billion dollar debt

Now lets look at what each area is worth from a natural resources and future income perspective?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 am

Mainecoons wrote:It seems to me that if you all are going to compare debt, you would need to add up both the national and provincial debts of Canada and compare it to the state and allocated portion of Federal debt added together for California.

Agreed however I don't think it will amount to a whole lot more. Some of the provinces (like Alberta) have massive surpluses of cash in reserve.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 am

CanuckBob wrote:Because California is one of the biggest financial messes there is. Canada is one of the biggest financial successes there is. You are the one that needs to face the reality.

California - 37 million people with 1.58 trillion dollar debt
Canada - 34 million people with 585 billion dollar debt

Now lets look at what each area is worth from a natural resources and future income perspective?

Mining industry is huge in California and will be growing as they open back up the rare earth mines and lots
of gold mines are working in California now. Odds are Borax it came from Death Valley area. How about your
food in the winter? Califonia and Florida. Not a lot of food grown in Canada in the winter other than winter
wheat or root crops. We will be trading food for oil with ya. Yep debt structure is different but I still say much
to compare.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 am

Zed:

Using a State that is a total embarrassment to the rest of the US in a comparison to Canada appears as a dubious attempt to put down our neighbors to the north. No wonder Canadians wish to live in denial about being Gringos! HA!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

Using a State that is a total embarrassment to the rest of the US in a comparison to Canada appears as a dubious attempt to put down our neighbors to the north. No wonder Canadians wish to live in denial about being Gringos! HA!

denial?? pffft... denial.... only denial up here is what the hell happened to the NHL when Kaliforni takes The Stanley Cup?
denial....

we still have a couple of kids left in Gravelborge Saskatchewan... would New Mexico like ta buy a team?

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:40 am

penylofr wrote:
The Mennonites did not have tractors back in the late '70's. They used horses or burros to pull just about everything! We could see them working across the Rio Grande river in the State of Chihuahua.

You are absolutely right, penylofr, it was a horse drawn team the kid was driving. And it was in the early 80's.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:47 am

hockables wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Zed:

denial?? pffft... denial.... only denial up here is what the hell happened to the NHL when Kaliforni takes The Stanley Cup?
denial....

we still have a couple of kids left in Gravelborge Saskatchewan... would New Mexico like ta buy a team?

Ah that explains it. I forgot the Stanley cup is over and Cali won it. Now maybe I can watch HD Jeopardy again on
300 on shaw instead of Hockey every night for what seems like months. No wonder some Canadians are touchy
right now about Cali. Somehow thinking of the Cup and LA does seem funny. Maybe we can get a curling team
soon. Actually I like curling better than hockey.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next