INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy's Sausage question to ponder

+8
CheenaGringo
binky
Big Daddy Mexico
Zedinmexico
viajero
GBATRUCKS
CanuckBob
merry
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Daddy's Sausage question to ponder - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Daddy's Sausage question to ponder

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 pm

seisdedos wrote:Have you talked to the people at La Casita on Terranova?

Ya, sorry, the second name on my list should have been La Casita. I repeated La Cabana twice.

La Casita has been our top producer for the last 2 or three months now. Great place, people are nice.

Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Big Daddy's Sausage question to ponder - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Daddy's Sausage question to ponder

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:Hola,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Merry. Been working hard today.

The sausages that say that they are smoked on the package, have been smoked for at least 3 hours at a low heat of around 140 F to 155 F. Then the heat is slightly increased to around 165 F until the sausages have an internal temperature of 155 F.

We try and take special care to make sure that this temperature is reached to assure they are fully cooked.

Because of the amount of fresh Jalapenos and habaneros that we put in the Suicide Dawgs, it appears that they might not be cooked. We have just purchased a new meat mixer to allow our meat to be fully mixed before we make the sausages. Thos should solve this appearance problem.

We are try everyday to make a better sausage.

Thanks for your feedback.

If at anytime you are not satisfied with our sausage or unsure if it is cooked, simply return it to me and you will receive a full refund plus receive another package of sausage at no cost.

Big Daddy

Now that is a man that stands behind his products!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

All those products are good, but last time on Monday we took home some Swedish meat balls and made sammiches from some........absolutely delicious.
Now, where's the lingonberry sauce, like at Ikea? (lol).
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:17 pm

gringal wrote:All those products are good, but last time on Monday we took home some Swedish meat balls and made sammiches from some........absolutely delicious.
Now, where's the lingonberry sauce, like at Ikea? (lol).
cheers

We actually had the gravy, and sauce when we first made them. Tasted like a Saturday morning at Ikea.

But haven't figured out how to package the Gravy and sauce with the meatballs yet. LOL

Would you have liked to see the gravy mixed with the meatballs? The gravy is great tasting.

We also have Curry Meatballs and Sweet & Sour Meatballs coming out in 2 weeks. They should be available for tasting on Sept 3 at the Maonday Market. Just waiting for the labels to get done before we make up another batch.

Also look for the new Spicy Italian Chicken Meatballs and Butter Curry Chicken Meatballs.

Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy. LOL
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:11 pm

I think I'd like the gravy packaged in a little plastic thingie separately because there so many meatballs in a package that I like to fix several different versions in the process of using them up......but that's up to you. Love all the meatballs. cheers

For tonight's dinner, I'm doing the cheat sauce thing for the rest of the Swedes:
Mushroom soup with extra mushrooms over the meatballs on rice or pasta.
Lazy woman's dream, but happy tummies here.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm

gringal wrote:I think I'd like the gravy packaged in a little plastic thingie separately because there so many meatballs in a package that I like to fix several different versions in the process of using them up......but that's up to you. Love all the meatballs. cheers

For tonight's dinner, I'm doing the cheat sauce thing for the rest of the Swedes:
Mushroom soup with extra mushrooms over the meatballs on rice or pasta.
Lazy woman's dream, but happy tummies here.

Great idea. We will be able to do this for the Markets, just not the stores.

You will even be able to freeze the gravy and take out what you need each time.

Thanks
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:50 am

Much better! Agree with Gringal, separate packaging for sure. Awaiting the curry meatballs and other chicken ones.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:36 am

Please correct this dumb ass. Your labels will " clearly state" whether the product is "fully cooked - ready to eat" or "needs cooking" blah, blah blah. Yes/No. Following the thread it just seemed to me that it all just got murky. I highly suggest (as if U didn't know) U concentrate on Ur core money makers. All this "sauce " shit doesn't resonate with me. But Hey, too lazy to whip up a sauce. Then Pay. Sock it to them. There's gotta be a certain price point with 2 or 3 where it's viable, and on the side. DO NOT SAUCE UR PRODUCT. Kind regards.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 am

borderreiver wrote:Please correct this dumb ass. Your labels will " clearly state" whether the product is "fully cooked - ready to eat" or "needs cooking" blah, blah blah. Yes/No. Following the thread it just seemed to me that it all just got murky. I highly suggest (as if U didn't know) U concentrate on Ur core money makers. All this "sauce " shit doesn't resonate with me. But Hey, too lazy to whip up a sauce. Then Pay. Sock it to them. There's gotta be a certain price point with 2 or 3 where it's viable, and on the side. DO NOT SAUCE UR PRODUCT. Kind regards.

You aint no dumb ass. LOL

Let me clarify this quickly. As we are a Mexican Company with State of Jalisco certification, we are to have all our labels in Spanish. We are only allowed to add the name in English, which we have done.

So, to answer the first question about will our labels "clearly state" whether a product is fully cooked or not.

The answer is yes, But it is in Spanish.

Regarding sauces, we will not be adding sauces to the Meatballs. However, the Butter Curry Chicken Balls will have the sauce included along with the Sweet & Sour Meatballs.

We will have several sauces available for purchase, but as all our products are made fresh every week, we have to watch the shelf life on some products so they will only be offered at the Monday Market and now at the Wednesday Tiaguis in Ajijic.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hope I cleared up some of the murkyness. LOL

Big Daddy
flag waver
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2