INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costco Endorsement

+15
ComputerGuy
Big Daddy Mexico
Zedinmexico
bobnliz
gringal
hound dog
binky
johninajijic
Rosa Venus
viajero
ferret
hockables
seisdedos
MexicoPete
CheenaGringo
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Costco Endorsement - Page 3 Empty Re: Costco Endorsement

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

That's great!!! I'm sure that it wouldn't be that way for Costco in Mexico. It might be a different company like Walmart. But I have no experience with Costco in Mexico.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

I have found them to be very cooperative returning stuff which I can't say
about wally world. You have to fight at wally world.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:51 pm

And that is why WallyWorld gets virtually none of my money! Other than minor incidentals and my favorite model Wrangler jeans that other stores don't seem to carry, I can count on one hand the number of times a year I set foot in their stores.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:17 pm

johninajijic wrote:That's great!!! I'm sure that it wouldn't be that way for Costco in Mexico. It might be a different company like Walmart. But I have no experience with Costco in Mexico.
I've had good luck at the Costco stores in Mexico John. Yes I speak to them in kind-of-sort of Spanish and that really helps. They try even harder because they see I'm trying to learn their language. By the way "the ownership of Costco in Mexico has changed which will make things better for you Americans". Those were the words of a Latin American manager up north for a meeting or training who I saw in Costco Store number 1 in Seattle. This person did not have time to explain to me why things would be better and when I asked some of the staff at The newer Guadalajara Costco (store#730) they had no idea either. And with my "US Executive Costco member Card" I don't get my 2% credit, but I do, as everyone does, get a 2% discount when paying in cash.

PS Don't be impressed with the title on my card "Costco Wholesale, Executive Member". It doesn't mean jack shoot. but I pretend like I'm important here to impress you John Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:And that is why WallyWorld gets virtually none of my money! Other than minor incidentals and my favorite model Wrangler jeans that other stores don't seem to carry, I can count on one hand the number of times a year I set foot in their stores.

We also buy extremely little in Wally world. I never stepped in one until I came here. In fact I will buy small appliances and such in Liverpool due to their "extensive" selection. Wally world has no selection and carries the cheapest of the cheap.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Costco is buying out their Mexican partner Commercial Mexicana.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Pete:

When did a member's Mexico purchases cease being credited for Executive Members? Granted, we haven't had a reason to use Costco Mexico in quite a few years but back when we had a reason to frequent Costco Mexico, we did receive credit on our refund statements.

David:

I was under the impression that an American corporation was required to have a Mexican partner?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

All I know is that when I asked up north, they said that they didn't used to but that maybe they do now.

When I asked at the membership desk in the new Guadalajara Costco store they said no, unless it was a Mexican issued card.

I hope what I learned is wrong. I guess I will soon know, I used my US executive card in Mexico last week and will continue to do so when here.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:21 pm

MexicoPete wrote:
johninajijic wrote:That's great!!! I'm sure that it wouldn't be that way for Costco in Mexico. It might be a different company like Walmart. But I have no experience with Costco in Mexico.
I've had good luck at the Costco stores in Mexico John. Yes I speak to them in kind-of-sort of Spanish and that really helps. They try even harder because they see I'm trying to learn their language. By the way "the ownership of Costco in Mexico has changed which will make things better for you Americans". Those were the words of a Latin American manager up north for a meeting or training who I saw in Costco Store number 1 in Seattle. This person did not have time to explain to me why things would be better and when I asked some of the staff at The newer Guadalajara Costco (store#730) they had no idea either. And with my "US Executive Costco member Card" I don't get my 2% credit, but I do, as everyone does, get a 2% discount when paying in cash.

PS Don't be impressed with the title on my card "Costco Wholesale, Executive Member". It doesn't mean jack shoot. but I pretend like I'm important here to impress you John Very Happy

Pete, don't you get in earlier with the biz/exec card like in the states? When shopping @ GDL Costco, I arrive @ opening time....assuming biz card got me in 1 hour before non biz cards?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm

David wrote:Costco is buying out their Mexican partner Commercial Mexicana.
That's interesting,last week I saw Kirkland products at our local Mega and didn't understand why they were selling Costco products.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Probably buying from SuperLake? Just kidding guys......the Mega store next to Costco is a great store......they've got a huge selection, great service, and a fun shop stop!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Jim W wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:

Pete, don't you get in earlier with the biz/exec card like in the states? When shopping @ GDL Costco, I arrive @ opening time....assuming biz card got me in 1 hour before non biz cards?
It sure used to in the 90's and early 2000s. I loved getting there an hour earlier, shopping fast and getting out fast. I don't know about that anymore.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:51 pm

MexicoPete wrote:
Jim W wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:

It sure used to in the 90's and early 2000s. I loved getting there an hour earlier, shopping fast and getting out fast. I don't know about that anymore.

Thanks Pete.....BTW....when can I check out your Direct TV set up....Please PM
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Mega in Mexico has always carried some of the Costco products...at least that has been our experience in Bucerias and Puerto Vallarta.
I really like the Mega's...far superior to Walmart or Soriana. Clean, bright, spacious aisles, well stocked and logically organized.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm

As far as I know Costco owns Mega or is somehow affiliated with it.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm

This was earlier in the thread John.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 pm

ferret wrote:

This was earlier in the thread John.

That's how he knew it. Very retentive.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 am

Hmmmm, shopping trips to Costco and Guadalajara. Yes they are one of life's necessities for the information all of you naysayers at lakeside. Boy toys at Home Despot, just along the road a bit from Costco. A recent example the honking huge Barbeque that the Pool Boy absolutely had to have. Now he has to have a rotisserie, must have it in fact, so a friend will be bringing one back from the U.S. Pool boy has finally joined the ranks of the shopping sluts.
As for me, I am a total sucker for new bedding and towels. Gotta have them, plus those outdoor patio sets are an unbelievably good buy.
T.P., paper towels, coffee, those dishwasher all in one packets instead of that miserable excuse for a cleaning product Cascade powder. Did I mention that I'm also really into all the latest cleaning products. Must have those pronto.
Then there's that wonderful Mega store right next door. Hello. Great fruit and veggies. What's the deal with garbage bags? We need vast quantities of those. All garden refuse has to be bagged. Large garden, lots of clippings, and after an abortive attempt at making our own organic compost, complete with worms, we're back to the BIG trash bags.

On to Zara, an unfortunate blot on the female landscape. Overpriced, whacked out sizing, it's a non-starter. Women's clothing here is way more expensive than the U.S. or Canada. As for me I reuse, recycle and occasionally pick up some interesting things if up north, always on sale.

Artichokes. Ohhhhh yeah baby. The Dawg can keep his cheeseburgers, make my order an artichoke. The California ones are available at Superlake right now...... yummmmy.

Sinfully delicious dipping sauce. Melted salted butter, with just the right amount of mayo whisked in so it clings to the leaves. Dash of Cayenne a few drops of worcestershire sauce, and it's done in minutes.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 am

The Mega across from the main CostCo has a stand near the vegetables that sells fresh orange and carrot juice. They also have a superior selection of usually really fresh vegetables, like tomatos. Our local WalMart could learn a lot, in the veggie department, from these guys.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3