INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Daddy neeeds your support

+19
hockables
Ezzie
Zedinmexico
hound dog
gravy
Ms.Thang
seisdedos
IslandGirl
Parker
lunateak
CheenaGringo
Big Daddy Mexico
Jim W
johninajijic
gringal
ferret
Guiness
viajero
Flamingo
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Daddy neeeds your support - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Daddy neeeds your support

Post by gravy Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 am

Hey Jim W ....you stole my picture for your avatar ! ....that's MY BIRDS NEST
git yer own birds nest .... that's a copy righted picture ....LOL

gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:42 am

Too late to return them Big Daddy...there are only 2 left! Nothing wrong with those suicide dawgs, I'm just a wimp. We will eat them, just in careful doses...Ha!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

[
Our Chorizo is actually Spanish Chorizo. There are 2 ways of making Authentic Spanish Chorizo. You can air dry it over several weeks or you can smoke it. We smoke our Spanish Chorizo.
If the Suicide Dawgs are too hot, please return them and I would be happy to give you another product in place of those.
Thanks,
Big Daddy[/quote]

Dawg is very fond of authentic Spanish Chorizo (there are different regional types but I don´t believe any I have tried in the past have been smoked) which, in my experience, is a dry-cured sausage fully cooked when purchased and which I tasted for the first time on a train from the French border to Barcelona in 1966. I was in a compartment on that train with a Spanish family who broke out the chorizo and bread and made some sandwiches with just those two ingredients. Since it would have been rude according to Spanish custom for the family to have enjoyed their lunch without offering me, a stranger, some chorizo and bread to make my own sandwich, they offered me some along with some ordinary red wine. Absolutely delicious. To this day, Spanish Chorizo and French-style dry salami with garlic are my favorite sausages. To me, at least, Mexican Chorizo doesn´t even come close but is good cooked with scrambled eggs if a bit greasy.

During the luncheon, I, being new to Spain, made a lighthearted crack about General Franco who was very much in charge in those days and the patriarch of the family took me aside and warned me that Franco´s secret police were everywhere; that I could never be sure who might overhear and that I should never do that again at everybody´s peril in the compartment. Things were really serious in Spain back then.

Dawg just got back from France and I have not, as of yet, had an opportunity to try Big Daddy´s Suicide Dawg Sausage which, according to BD hisseff was named in my personal honor so I just picked some up at Super Lake and will enjoy the dawgs for dinner later today. Despite BD´s assertion to the contrary, I doubt very seriously that I will find these Suicide Dawgs sufficiently spicy so I also picked up some Habanero Chiles to accompany the Suicide Dawgs just in case they are needed to give the dawgs some kick. For those of you with an interest, a report of my findings will follow later today.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Good luck with the Suicide Dawg. It should be plenty hot with the jalapenos and habaneros that are in it.

Just starting on the New Hot Dawgs right now. Doing up a few test batches.

If the Dawg could come by the Monday Market next week he could sample the first batch. I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Big Daddy
Surte
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Dawg I know you like heat like myself.
Suicide dawg is hot enough. I would
try first before escalating the Scoville
count too much. You could cool it off
with some Vietnamese Rooster Sauce
if that says anything. I eat hot peppers
raw so I have some spine heat wise.

Suicide dawg rules in the hot game.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Oh man ... those sound yummy. Gotta get me some Suicide Dawgs next time I'm at Lakeside!!!

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 pm

IslandGirl wrote:I love Big Daddy sausage. At the Monday Market you can taste them all and choose what is the best for your palate............and the fact that they don't contain ingredients that you can't pronounce is a bonus.

You have trouble say'n " assholes & eyeballs " ?

Sorry... I have Hotdogs on the brain now....

I just came over from Costco ... where Pete is pick'n on John.... Jim is Hiss'n at Pete.... Now John is fly'n of the handle using language that got a Hotdog thread moved to the Octagon.... Scot is trying to be a voice of reason but nobodys listening...
something bout houses and realtors... guys pick'n on everyone....
Everyone should relax, calm down, and maybe go to The Costco fer a Hotdog....

Someone don't like Myles Product... fogettabouditt... more for us...

Keep er up Big Daddy.... Yer doin Swell....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Hoxx, I think ya got the makins of a country/red neck/protest song with a Bob Dylan twist going there. Maybe the Tall Boys are lookin' for some new material and you can make a peso or two commission. Or maybe not...
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Bit of a stretch, RB, pero quien sabes, you may be on to something there.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Dawg I know you like heat like myself.

Z

I tried my first Suicide Dawg last night just plain in a hot dog bun with no sauces of any kind but with some raw red serrano chiles I had ripened in my kitchen as an accompaniment. The serranos were not intended to supplement the spiciness of the dawg but as a cruuchy counterpoint to the sausage. I was careful to eat the serranos only after gauging the kick in the unadulterated sausages with no accompaniments at first. I agree with Zed that the dawg was nice and spicy as I had anticipated. It failed to bring tears to my eyes, the test of true greatness in super spicy food, but it was stiil really spicy and, after all, BD has to market a product that is palatable to non--masochists as he will hardly sell enough Suicide Dawgs just to me and Zed to make it a worthwhile endeavor and he has done a good job with this product.

I must try to make it to the Monday market to try BD´s new hot dog product, I presume with the skin on as we discussed in an earier thread. If these weiners come anywhere near the Caspers weiners I used to enjoy in Downtown Oakland years ago, I´ll be imitating hot dogs made famous by the Caspers Hot Dogs chain in Northern California. Those hot dogs are simple. Steamed weiners on a bun with mustard, sweet relish, tomatoes and onions. The secret is the weiner with the skin on that bursts with flavor when you bite into it. One does not wish to get too fancy with the accompaniments that would compromise the excellent quality of the weiners.

Of course, BD is a rather big fellow with an outgoing personality so, in the unlikely event I don´t find his new dogs up to snuff, perhaps I will have to find a way to tell him politely that his new product needs some work. We´ll see.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 am

hound dog wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Dawg I know you like heat like myself.

Z

I tried my first Suicide Dawg last night just plain in a hot dog bun with no sauces of any kind but with some raw red serrano chiles I had ripened in my kitchen as an accompaniment. The serranos were not intended to supplement the spiciness of the dawg but as a cruuchy counterpoint to the sausage. I was careful to eat the serranos only after gauging the kick in the unadulterated sausages with no accompaniments at first. I agree with Zed that the dawg was nice and spicy as I had anticipated. It failed to bring tears to my eyes, the test of true greatness in super spicy food, but it was stii really spicy and, after all, BD has to market a product that is palatable to non--masochists and he has done a good job with this product.

I must try to make it to the Monday market to try BD´s new hot dog product, I presume with the skin on as we discussed in an earier thread. If these weiners come anywhere near the Caspers weiners I used to enjoy in Downtown Oakland years ago, I´ll be imitating hot dogs made famous by the Caspers Hot Dogs chain in Northern California. Those hot dogs are simple. Steamed weiners on a bun with mustard, sweet relish, tomatoes and onions. The secret is the weiner with the skin on that bursts with flavor when you bite into it. One does not wish to get too fancy with the accompaniments that woould compromise the excellent quality of the weiners.

Of course, BD is a rather big fellow with an outgoing personality so, in the unlikely event I don´t find his new dogs up to snuff, perhaps I will have to find a way to tell him politely that his new product needs some work. We´ll see.

Thanks Dawg,

I am a big guy with big shoulders, and am looking forward to your feedback. I do not expect the first go round of Hot Dawgs to be any where close to Caspers, however, we have to start some where.

The first batch will be all pork, with the second batch will be a blend of pork and beef. As Caspers has a high guarded secret on their spices, I will be looking to you for guidance in that department.

There are also a few ways to cook the hot dawg from fresh that we will be working on before it can be steamed to place on a bun.

Thanks,

Big Daddy
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm

We had Chicken jalapeno, mango last night. Parboiled first to get some fat out as someone suggested, and they were wonderful!! Thanks Big Daddy
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

hound dog wrote:I tried my first Suicide Dawg last night ... I agree with Zed that the dawg was nice and spicy as I had anticipated. It failed to bring tears to my eyes, the test of true greatness in super spicy food, but it was stiil really spicy and, after all, BD has to market a product that is palatable to non--masochists as he will hardly sell enough Suicide Dawgs just to me and Zed to make it a worthwhile endeavor and he has done a good job with this product.

I love BD's Suicide Dawgs as in, I get addiction-like cravings for them. I need some now in fact. They do bring tears to my eyes twice, though they are not the hottest thang I've ever eaten. I understand that BD does have to cater to the general market and those who need to smear them with chile de arbol (substitute your favorite hot hot chile name here) can easily do so.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecat Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

We always have Big Daddy products in our fridge.

Battlecat

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2