INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a Deep Fried Turkey Pot

+15
Zedinmexico
merry
little italy
brigitte
gringal
David
Ms.Thang
hound dog
E-raq
CheenaGringo
hockables
Jim W
viajero
joec
CanuckBob
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Looking for a Deep Fried Turkey Pot - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for a Deep Fried Turkey Pot

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Neil, before we play 50 questions have you done any deep fried turkey's?

CG is just worried about you CB thats all. This looks scary to many including me
and I know and have seen how to do it in a safe manner many times. Hell of a lot
of heat saved up in that pot full of oil. Too much physics knowledge sucks sometimes.

Enjoy!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Deep Fried Turkey Pot - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for a Deep Fried Turkey Pot

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Well all the idiots that have the gumption to You-Tube themselves are either intentionally overfilling the oil so it spills over into the flames or dropping a frozen turkey into the oil which literally explodes.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Nope! But a friend offered the use of his the other day, so I am trying to figure out if I want to tackle a turkey.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:54 pm

The big thing is to use water first to check how much oil to put in the pot so it doesn't overflow once the turkey is put in.

The other thing is to ensure the turkey is completely thawed and wiped of any excess moisture.

After that it is just like deep frying anything else.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Nope! But a friend offered the use of his the other day, so I am trying to figure out if I want to tackle a turkey.

Neil, just a suggestion, use your own fabulous recipe and your rotisserie. So no, I'm sure Kathy would agree. We did a chicken the other night and it was FANTASTIC:
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Somebody invented a "turkey roasting bag" that can be put in a regular oven.
I've used same: what a pleasure to have the whole mess contained; the juice in the bag and no scrubbing of grates and pans. Very moist turkey results. I've no idea where to buy one around here. The heck with cooking turkey: restaurant for me or maybe something simple at home.

However, there's something really macho about gettin' out there and cooking that sucker in the way CBOB intends: think of the adulation of the guests for the task? Sometimes, it's about performance art, and why not?

CBOB sounds like a smart enough fella that he won't set the place or himself afire in the process. Have fun, Bob.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Just sayin' here Neil has built the better mousetrap. Most impressive.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

WOO HOO!!! That's Industrial Size!

M.

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm

E-raq:

After all these years of doing a turkey on a rotisserie, maybe it is time for a new challenge and experience? I have a very open mind about trying new entrees in restaurants and am always on the lookout for anything to expand my cooking horizons.

This old dog is still trying to learn new tricks.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:E-raq:

After all these years of doing a turkey on a rotisserie, maybe it is time for a new challenge and experience? I have a very open mind about trying new entrees in restaurants and am always on the lookout for anything to expand my cooking horizons.

This old dog is still trying to learn new tricks.

And have you consulted Kathy yet?????
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Since we share a common curiosity to not only try new things but also cooking duties - it gives each of us the opportunity to try new recipes without conflict from each other. I wasn't thinking of trying this method of cooking turkey for any particular special occassion. We probably cook a half dozen turkeys per year for a change of pace.

My next pressing challenge is to attempt preparing Chamorro.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by binky Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 pm

My advice is to use a plain old regular turkey....do not use a "good" one that is pre-brined, like a Butterball. I have never had problems; I use a Masterbuilt electric turkey fryer. It holds up to a 14 pound bird and cooks it in about 42 minutes. They no longer make the model I have....but it's a beauty and you can also use it as a steamer and boiler.

Oh....lower the bird very slowly into the oil.
binky
binky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm

A song for those doing a deep fried turkey:

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am

Here's a used, 52 liter (about 13 gallons) one piece aluminium pot with lid for 1800 pesos in Guad:

http://guadalajara.anumex.com/anuncio/olla-de-aluminio-con-tapa-nueva-52-litros/4556744

Here's a used, 100 liters, aluminium, for 400 pesos in Zapopan:
http://zapopan.anumex.com/anuncio/olla-100lts/4529433

Here's a new 150 liter stainless steel beer pot with all of the goodies, thermometer etc for 12,900 pesos in Zapopan:
http://zapopan.anumex.com/anuncio/ollas-de-acero-inox-de-150-l-para-elaboracion-de-cerveza-artesanal/3371195

Here's a used, steel 250 liter pot for 2,450 pesos in Zapopan that could double as a hot tub during the rest of the year:

http://zapopan.anumex.com/anuncio/olla-de-acero-d-250-ltrs-r/3894242

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3