INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Count your change at Walmart

+7
CheenaGringo
slainte39
hockables
jrm30655
Kiri
E-raq
simpsca
11 posters

Go down

Count your change at Walmart Empty Count your change at Walmart

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 am

Yesterday I bought about 250 pesos worth of goods at Walmart. I gave the cashier a 500 peso note - the receipt said change is 250 pesos. I showed her the receipt and money in my hand (50 pesos is what she gave me) and said another 200 pesos please. She took the next customer and the line was getting crowded because I didn't move. When she opened the drawer for the next customer she gave me the 200 pesos she had shorted. Didn't bat an eyelash or say sorry.

So count your change at Walmart!

Last edited by simpsca on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Count your change at Walmart Empty Re: Count your change at Walmart

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

simpsca wrote:Yesterday I bought about 250 pesos worth of goods at Walmart. I gave the cashier a 500 peso note - the receipt said change is 250 pesos. I showed her the receipt and money in my hand and said another 200 pesos please. She took the next customer and the line was getting crowded because I didn't move. When she opened the drawer for the next customer she gave me the 200 pesos she had shorted. Didn't bat an eyelash or say sorry.

Thanks, a couple of hundred pesos is worth checking.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 am

E-raq wrote:
simpsca wrote:Yesterday I bought about 250 pesos worth of goods at Walmart. I gave the cashier a 500 peso note - the receipt said change is 250 pesos. I showed her the receipt and money in my hand and said another 200 pesos please. She took the next customer and the line was getting crowded because I didn't move. When she opened the drawer for the next customer she gave me the 200 pesos she had shorted. Didn't bat an eyelash or say sorry.

Thanks, a couple of hundred pesos is worth checking.

A few pesos during the year will amount to couple of hundred pesos in the end...always count your change and check your receipt. Have found that posted price does not always match charged price.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:24 am

Wal-Mart cashiers are the worst in the world. Not just MX but in the US also.

When i shop Wal-Mart, I always buy just a few items and keep track of the prices. If they ring it up wrong and it is in my favor, I smile. If it is in their favor, I make them sort it out.

Did that in the US and here.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:26 am

We had a rash of incorrect change awhile back at Walmart. I admit I get careless about counting the small change but this was 200 pesos. My hand was still out thinking she was going to give it to me. Then I had to show her the receipt that 250 pesos was owed, not 50 pesos.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 am

simpsca wrote:We had a rash of incorrect change awhile back at Walmart. I admit I get careless about counting the small change but this was 200 pesos. My hand was still out thinking she was going to give it to me. Then I had to show her the receipt that 250 pesos was owed, not 50 pesos.

Exact same thing happened to me last week....

I just looked at the cash register, the change, Her!!, the cash register again....

she handed me the 200 pesos and moved on to the next customer like I wasn't even there
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 pm

jrm30655 wrote:Wal-Mart cashiers are the worst in the world. Not just MX but in the US also.

Maybe they need to hire "union" workers? Rolling Eyes Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Maybe they need to take her photograph. By they I mean the customer, then show it to the manager. End of problem. Adios ladron!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Just read the following on TOB:
"My experience, on several occasions, at this Walmart is that the cashiers are not permitted to make change for a $500 note, other than to round to the next $100 (which was done for you, and has been done for me). The Customer Service manager brings over the additional note to complete your change. So, yes, you'd be given $50 from the drawer then you'd move up a bit closer to the sacker to let the next customer move through, and the CSA brings you the difference. Weird to me, but I'm a native speaker, and this was confirmed by the cashier the first time it happened to me, then has happened every time I've been due more than $200 change from transaction. May be their way for management to track large bills and cashiers? If you really think you were cheated, or to avoid delays or the experience in the future, you could cash a larger bill at the Customer Service counter prior to shopping."

Just wondering if there may be some truth to this theory?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:12 pm

hockables wrote:
simpsca wrote:We had a rash of incorrect change awhile back at Walmart. I admit I get careless about counting the small change but this was 200 pesos. My hand was still out thinking she was going to give it to me. Then I had to show her the receipt that 250 pesos was owed, not 50 pesos.

Exact same thing happened to me last week....

I just looked at the cash register, the change, Her!!, the cash register again....

she handed me the 200 pesos and moved on to the next customer like I wasn't even there

I wonder how much money she has gotten away with? 200 peso notes at a clip will add up fast. And you are right she acted like I was not there - tried to ignore me. I told the couple behind me to count their change and they said "people make mistakes".
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Just read the following on TOB:
"My experience, on several occasions, at this Walmart is that the cashiers are not permitted to make change for a $500 note, other than to round to the next $100 (which was done for you, and has been done for me). The Customer Service manager brings over the additional note to complete your change. So, yes, you'd be given $50 from the drawer then you'd move up a bit closer to the sacker to let the next customer move through, and the CSA brings you the difference. Weird to me, but I'm a native speaker, and this was confirmed by the cashier the first time it happened to me, then has happened every time I've been due more than $200 change from transaction. May be their way for management to track large bills and cashiers? If you really think you were cheated, or to avoid delays or the experience in the future, you could cash a larger bill at the Customer Service counter prior to shopping."

I was speaking to her in Spanish and she never mentioned to wait for someone else to give me 200 pesos. I often give a 500 peso note if the bill is 250 or over and never have trouble getting change from the cashier. This cashier took it out of the drawer and handed it to me when I persisted.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Bodega in Joco was awful about giving incorrect change. The amount is on the ticket and on their screen. I have had the same thing happen recently at Soriana. "Tis the season, watch your change.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Just read the following on TOB:

I believe your imagination or someone was feeding you a line of “Bull Shit”. Folks you’re talking about $40 USD here and Mexico is not that much cheaper than the US when it comes to buying US products. Just IMHO.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:58 pm

parker:

Please explain your math on just how $200MXN is $40USD?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I haven't had any problems with change at WalMart other than when there isn't enough and they have to go get more.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:00 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:parker:

Please explain your math on just how $200MXN is $40USD?

Ahhhh......she is referring to the post which stated change for $500 pesos (which is approx. $40). Is that math enough for ya.....jaja?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Flamingo wrote:Bodega in Joco was awful about giving incorrect change. The amount is on the ticket and on their screen. I have had the same thing happen recently at Soriana. "Tis the season, watch your change.

I concur...they've pulled that BS on me twice...always on a Sunday when it's busy & everything is rush-rush...Same result...once they know you're on to them, they caugh up the bucks...wish I spoke more Spanish, as I'm not above screaming bloody murder when this happens.

GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I haven't had any problems with change at WalMart other than when there isn't enough and they have to go get more.

Or maybe you have had problems, but just didn't catch it??
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:20 pm

And this is exactly the reason that anyone I hired in the retail or bar/restaurant businesses had to take a test on counting back change. Get caught once not doing so, they were issued a warning and second offense: don't let the door hit you in the butt!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:And this is exactly the reason that anyone I hired in the retail or bar/restaurant businesses had to take a test on counting back change. Get caught once not doing so, they were issued a warning and second offense: don't let the door hit you in the butt!

I always had my cashiers leave the customer's bill on top of the cash drawer until the change was given back...that way, when the customer tried to con you with "I gave you a twenty", the clerk could point right to the $10 on the drawer & shut down the con...crooks are on both sides of the cash register.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I haven't had any problems with change at WalMart other than when there isn't enough and they have to go get more.

Or maybe you have had problems, but just didn't catch it??

Remember folks, normally thieves are pretty good at profiling. What would be your choice be; young & alert or old & possibly tired? (Please no offence intended, I get hit frequently.)

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:42 pm

No offence taken - I'm the old and tired one. Blackeye
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter