INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Income requirements to live here...

+18
David
gatosigi
hound dog
viajero
joec
Jim W
E-raq
Lady Otter Latté
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
gringomojado
CheenaGringo
SunsetKid
jrm30655
hockables
ChapalaEllis
Zedinmexico
sundown
GBATRUCKS
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Income requirements to live here... Empty New Income requirements to live here...

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm

...Anybody read the article on page one of the Guad reporter today? This is gonna get interesting.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

New Income requirements to live here... Empty Re: New Income requirements to live here...

Post by sundown Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Will a person be able to make a trip to the border, turn in a temp & be able
to get another temp(180 days) in succession? OR will the computer block
this attempt?

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Income requirements to live here... Empty Re: New Income requirements to live here...

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:01 am

sundown wrote:Will a person be able to make a trip to the border, turn in a temp & be able
to get another temp(180 days) in succession? OR will the computer block
this attempt?

It is my understanding that a tourist visa is only good for a max of 180 days a year
per year?? Anybody know if I am correct because with the new computers they know
when you came in last. The last time I came in with a vehicle the lady at mexican border
shop showed me all my Visas for coming and going and she knew what car I had on
multiple trips. In other words mexican customs has all the info on you online at least
in Lukeville Arizona area mexican customs stop 25KM from border.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapalaEllis Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 am

Muchas gracias GBATRUCKS, Guadalajara Reporter and Chapala’s National Immigration Institute (INM) office chief Juan Carlos Galvan!

I was wondering how the new law ( income requirements ) would effect those who obtained permanent / temporary visas prior to November 9th. I’m happy to hear I won’t have to qualify for the new income requirements for another three years.

E
ChapalaEllis
ChapalaEllis

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:04 pm

for some kind of official advisory, they sure did use the word " may " a lot
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:58 pm

After 5 years here, I find that there are few "hard" rules.

I suspect that things will be more flexible than expected.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetKid Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 pm

So how do the new laws affect those who obtained permanent / temporary visas prior to November 9th for those of us who didn't get a chance to read the Guadalajara Reporter?
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Sunset:

Very easy to see for yourself:
http://theguadalajarareporter.com/mexican-lifestyles-mainmenu-96/living-in-mexico-mainmenu-56/32107-immigration-chief-opens-up-on-confusing-new-rules.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Gosh... I sure hope they don't kick me out.... I just got here!!

I had so many plans!!... I wuz gonna learn Spanish... pick up me ole guitar... learn ta grow Mota....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm

jrm30655 wrote:After 5 years here, I find that there are few "hard" rules.

I have never see anyone "deported" or asked to leave for being even more than a bit short on income. Has anyone here seen this? I have seen complete deadbeat "bums" shown the door, as well as other "undesirables".

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 pm

On the other hand, I have seen a bunch of Gringos jumping to assumptions and conclusions on rules and regs which haven't been figured out or fully implemented yet. Not only will there be a new administration starting Dec. 1st but it already seems evident that the individual INM offices will create their own interpretations. The fly in the ointment may be that all paperwork must be approved and cards issued in Mexico City if that is really true?

I do know that a friend who applied for a FM2 renewal right prior to the new rules has been notified that her card will be ready tomorrow.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 pm

we applied before the new rules and we got our new fm2's on friday, no problems (thanks Spencer and his staff)
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm

I renewed my FM3 and received the new one November 3. Am I reading this correctly and that means I do not need to be concerned about new income requirements for three years? And, my U.S.-plated car is also okay till then? I figure in three years A LOT can (and will) change.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Lady Otter Latte:

Anyone who claims to know the answer to your query is most probably full of it at this point. There are many people shooting their mouths off but one might take a clue from Spencer who appears to be playing it safe and trying to figure out just what effect the new rules will have.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Thanks, Cheena. Well, at least I am okay until next October--maybe. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 pm

gringomojado wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:After 5 years here, I find that there are few "hard" rules.

I have never see anyone "deported" or asked to leave for being even more than a bit short on income. Has anyone here seen this? I have seen complete deadbeat "bums" shown the door, as well as other "undesirables".

gm

Without a current FM or better, you're gonna have trouble renewing your Mx drivers license, IMSS, opening a bank account, etc.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:10 pm

hockables wrote:Gosh... I sure hope they don't kick me out.... I just got here!!

I had so many plans!!... I wuz gonna learn Spanish... pick up me ole guitar... learn ta grow Mota....

Fat chance Hocks, you're not on the soup line yet. Just sayin'.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:45 pm

E-raq wrote:
hockables wrote:Gosh... I sure hope they don't kick me out.... I just got here!!

Worst case scenario, one resorts to mordida

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:02 pm

gringomojado wrote:
E-raq wrote:

gm

Really not an issue, I know several people that have lived here over 10 years, haven't renewed FM-3 since 2009! Haven't left Mexico since
2007! Wouldn't that make a great headline...."US Citizen deported to USA", as their income was below minimum standard set by Mexican Government? Sorry all, sometimes I crack myself up, but this should really crack everyone up! Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Jim W wrote:
gringomojado wrote:
E-raq wrote:

gm

Really not an issue, I know several people that have lived here over 10 years, haven't renewed FM-3 since 2009! Haven't left Mexico since
2007! Wouldn't that make a great headline...."US Citizen deported to USA", as their income was below minimum standard set by Mexican Government? Sorry all, sometimes I crack myself up, but this should really crack everyone up! Beer Beer

The worst they would do is make those whose FM's expired pay a really hefty fine. No deportation.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 am

E-raq wrote:
sundown wrote:Just the facts man! just the Facts !
Why is CheenaGringo jumpin' on SunsetKid? Me & others? These posts continually change from a statement/question into personal attacks. "Shoot the messenger" when dissagreeing or nothing of value to add.
Ad yours to the list, eh?

Sundownandout, just the facts here O.K. I am a woman, a more cunning and devious one you will never find as a matter of fact. Speaking of lists dear old chum, one list that you really do not want to be on is my $#!T list. Get it?
Don't let him near your dogs.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

"Joec": just stop reading it.
BTW, "Personal attacks" are in the eye of the beholder. Some people would consider your referring to their conversation as "crap" as a "personal attack."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

viajero wrote:
E-raq wrote:
sundown wrote:Just the facts man! just the Facts !
Why is CheenaGringo jumpin' on SunsetKid? Me & others? These posts continually change from a statement/question into personal attacks. "Shoot the messenger" when dissagreeing or nothing of value to add.
Ad yours to the list, eh?

Sundownandout, just the facts here O.K. I am a woman, a more cunning and devious one you will never find as a matter of fact. Speaking of lists dear old chum, one list that you really do not want to be on is my $#!T list. Get it?
Don't let him near your dogs.

Fear not Chris, my doggies are safe at home and asleep. Then there is that electric fence, which earned me the E in front of my name.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 am

Now, now!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 pm

E-raq writes:

Fear not Chris, my doggies are safe at home and asleep. Then there is that electric fence, which earned me the E in front of my name. [/quote]

Dawg was so fond of that concertina wire I put up when we had that spate of burglaries and other general unpleasantness around here a couple of years ago but I also, at that time, set up a sophisticated constantly monitored home alarm system which turned out to be a hell of a lot more important than all that concertina, high walls and barred widows and doors. The other day I locked myself out of my secure fortress and no way was I going to get in there even though I have a remote alarm control and can turn off the alarm system from off premise. Well. that was it and I was stuck outside until, much to my pleasure, a couple of young men I know from my neighborhood happened upon the scene and asked if they couild be of assistance. Since I know and trust these guys and they have done a lot of work for me in the past, I told them of my dilemma and requested their help in gaining access to my property. They were doing some work in the neighborhood and had a ladder with them for painting. I tell you, folks, the most nimble of those two guys was over that ten foot wall and formidable looking concertina wire and had opened the gate for me from inside in the time it would take Dawg to pour a shot of tequila straight up much less drink it. I was reminded of what a contractor we hired 12 years ago told me when we had just moved here and were remodeling and I inquired as to certain security measures we should implement at the time to prevent home invasions. "Señor," he responded,"in Mexico, if we want to get into your property, we will get into your property." Since that time, I have concentrated upon making sure my neighbors´properties were easier "marks" than mine.

Reminds me of the old joke about two hunters walking in the north woods who rounded a bend and saw a huge, angry grizzly bear snarling and preparing to give chase and, as these guys were racing through the woods trying to escape, one guy stops and starts putting on running shoes. The other guy is incredulous and screams, " Are you nuts, you can't outrun a grizzly bear.", to which the guy putting of the shoes replies, "I don´t have to outrun the bear, I´ve just got to outrun you."
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next