INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoked Salmon

+8
CheenaGringo
ComputerGuy
E-raq
hound dog
RoofBob
Big Daddy Mexico
David
Trailrunner
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Smoked Salmon  - Page 3 Empty Re: Smoked Salmon

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 am

E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:hound dog quote - The cooker at our house was a 45 year old black woman named Manty Mae and she boiled the water at her pace,"

So, you employed slaves at your house???

Lawd ha mercy, what can one even say about this? My family employed Miz Celestine from B.G. and there never has been slavery in Canada. In fact we were more slaves to Miz Celestine for 35 years, who was one of those entitled people.

Was she of a certain race or what made her entitled?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Smoked Salmon  - Page 3 Empty Re: Smoked Salmon

Post by E-raq Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote:
joec wrote:hound dog quote - The cooker at our house was a 45 year old black woman named Manty Mae and she boiled the water at her pace,"

So, you employed slaves at your house???

Lawd ha mercy, what can one even say about this? My family employed Miz Celestine from B.G. and there never has been slavery in Canada. In fact we were more slaves to Miz Celestine for 35 years, who was one of those entitled people.

Was she of a certain race or what made her entitled?

Well she was, as you can probably guess, black. However what made her feel entitled was her attitude, which was awful. It remained awful for 35 years, until I finally had to take over the household affairs, at which point she got a decent severance package and was sent off to pasture. Not a moment too soon, I might add. Her list of transgressions was as they say, as long as your arm. It wasn't a rap sheet, but more a case of spending her days watching soaps on the kitchen telly instead of doing any work. I could write a book, because there's more, so much more.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3