INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

+16
brercottage385
brigitte
gringal
Parker
little italy
ComputerGuy
slainte39
Ms Mac
viajero
Rosa Venus
hound dog
E-raq
Jim W
CheenaGringo
hockables
joec
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? Empty Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by joec Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 am

Has anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? How recent have you eaten there and how was the food quality?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by hockables Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:42 pm

I did.... and it was terrible
They damned near poisoned us with cilantro.
The waitress came by for the customary " how's everything? "
I was suprised she asked.... I thought the 4 tablespoons of cilantro I had pushed off to the side was pretty obvious....
Sorry.... I've been there a dozen times before,,, always enjoyed it
But they'll go down like the Titanic with whoever cooked that Shit.
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently? Empty Re: Has Anyone eaten at Simply Thai recently?

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm

The two mosr recent (Oct & Nov) reviews on Trip Advisor would probably be enough to keep us from trying it:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499405-d1889780-Reviews-Simply_Thai-Ajijic_Pacific_Coast.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:23 pm

John asked the same question last month....John you are wasting everyones time...
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Jim:

Since John uses his dinner group as credibility for his recommendations and they obviously haven't been there for some time, maybe he will issue you a membership card and gift certificate so that you and Deb can go there and then provide a review for the masses?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:44 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

Since John uses his dinner group as credibility for his recommendations and they obviously haven't been there for some time, maybe he will issue you a membership card and gift certificate so that you and Deb can go there and then provide a review for the masses?

Last time we ate there was when Thip owned it. She went back to Canada and her Aunt Kinna bought it. On TOB there are mixed reviews. So, the reason I asked is so I don't take our Dinner group to restaurants that serve crap.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

Great idea Neil!!! I hate to admit it, but, I've only eaten Thai food a couple times in my life.....My opinion, other than the fact that service was great, place was clean, enjoyed the food, does not qualify me as a critic! lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 am

joec aka john: "So, the reason I asked is so I don't take our Dinner group to restaurants that serve crap."

Then can we assume that you have left it on your main restaurant list so that others can be test subjects?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 am

Jim:

I don't understand your apprehension in accepting such a task. Based upon what you have stated, you may already be more qualified than others to write a review.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I have also only eaten Thai food a couple of times, and was a bit iffy about it, so I wouldn't know, furthermore I have better ways of spending my time and money than being a guinea pig for others.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 pm

[Last time we ate there was when Thip owned it. She went back to Canada and her Aunt Kinna bought it. On TOB there are mixed reviews. So, the reason I asked is so I don't take our Dinner group to restaurants that serve crap. [/quote]

Let´s face it John; you and your group of ignorant sycophants who join you to eat dinner in various shitpits wouldn´t know real restaurant "crap" if it slapped you all cross the face. Not even one, and I mean one, restuarant you and your dinner group have recommended over the years has ever produced food worthy of the of the digestive farts produced therefrom.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Other than that, did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:15 pm

hound dog wrote:[Last time we ate there was when Thip owned it. She went back to Canada and her Aunt Kinna bought it. On TOB there are mixed reviews. So, the reason I asked is so I don't take our Dinner group to restaurants that serve crap.

hound dog quote - Let´s face it John; you and your group of ignorant sycophants who join you to eat dinner in various shitpits wouldn´t know real restaurant "crap" if it slapped you all cross the face. Not even one, and I mean one, restuarant you and your dinner group have recommended over the years has ever produced food worthy of the of the digestive farts produced therefrom. [/quote]

I ask a simple question and I get CRAP like the above. Now that you have INSULTED me AND our DINNER GROUP, PLEASE post your recommendations where to eat in Ajijic, since you come here for a few months a year and ALMOST NEVER EAT OUT. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what TOTALLY CRAPPY restaurants you post here, just so I can criticize them.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 pm

John,what's up with the extra large print and caps,are you trying to shout over the internet?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:45 pm

viajero wrote:John,what's up with the extra large print and caps,are you trying to shout over the internet?

You are such a smart devil! Not at you. Only at the person posting crapola. ROTFLMAO

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 pm

John:

Please get a clue! You and your dinner group lost a good deal of credibility a long time back through your postings and argumentative nature when people questioned or disagreed with you! I fully understand the thrill you get from the attention but in reality, you continue to make a fool out of yourself with your overbearing opinions and lists about everything you deem important.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

Please get a clue! You and your dinner group lost a good deal of credibility a long time back through your postings and argumentative nature when people questioned or disagreed with you! I fully understand the thrill you get from the attention but in reality, you continue to make a fool out of yourself with your overbearing opinions and lists about everything you deem important.

Why would you even care about my lists? You don't need them and you won't use them, as you do not or never intend to live here. You are a casual visitor to Mexico. Many others have thanked me for the Contractors on my list. They are all honest and fairly priced. And you continue to get a thrill from making remarks from the mediocre city you live in. So, bugger off.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

John:

This whole topic has been about food and restaurant recommendations - please explain what your contractor lists has to do with the conversation?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm

viajero wrote:John,what's up with the extra large print and caps,are you trying to shout over the internet?

Yes he is.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm

[quote="joec"]
hound dog wrote:[Last time we ate there was when Thip owned it. She went back to Canada and her Aunt Kinna bought it. On TOB there are mixed reviews. So, the reason I asked is so I don't take our Dinner group to restaurants that serve crap.

hound dog quote - Let´s face it John; you and your group of ignorant sycophants who join you to eat dinner in various shitpits wouldn´t know real restaurant "crap" if it slapped you all cross the face. Not even one, and I mean one, restuarant you and your dinner group have recommended over the years has ever produced food worthy of the of the digestive farts produced therefrom. [/quote]

I ask a simple question and I get CRAP like the above. Now that you have INSULTED me AND our DINNER GROUP, PLEASE post your recommendations where to eat in Ajijic, since you come here for a few months a year and ALMOST NEVER EAT OUT. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what TOTALLY CRAPPY restaurants you post here, just so I can criticize them.[/quote]

OK, let´s give this a try:

1) Tabarka
2) Yves (best martinis witthin 5,000 kilometers)
3) Burger King and Krispy Kreme at the airport
4) Sugar Daddy BBQ at Plaza Montaña for some but not other items.
5) Angelica´s Bistro just for the fabulous salad. The pastas are hopelessly bland.
6) Fish tacos at the Lake Taco place. Forget anything else.
7) Well, that´s it. This is one lousy restaurant town.

How can anyone with a modicum of taste eat out hereabouts.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="joec"]

hound dog quote - Let´s face it John; you and your group of ignorant sycophants who join you to eat dinner in various shitpits wouldn´t know real restaurant "crap" if it slapped you all cross the face. Not even one, and I mean one, restuarant you and your dinner group have recommended over the years has ever produced food worthy of the of the digestive farts produced therefrom.

I ask a simple question and I get CRAP like the above. Now that you have INSULTED me AND our DINNER GROUP, PLEASE post your recommendations where to eat in Ajijic, since you come here for a few months a year and ALMOST NEVER EAT OUT. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what TOTALLY CRAPPY restaurants you post here, just so I can criticize them.[/quote]

OK, let´s give this a try:

1) Tabarka
2) Yves (best martinis witthin 5,000 kilometers)
3) Burger King and Krispy Kreme at the airport
4) Sugar Daddy BBQ at Plaza Montaña for some but not other items.
5) Angelica´s Bistro just for the fabulous salad. The pastas are hopelessly bland.
6) Fish tacos at the Lake Taco place. Forget anything else.
7) Well, that´s it. This is one lousy restaurant town.

How can anyone with a modicum of taste eat out hereabouts.

[/quote]

Come on Dawg....you haven't checked em all out....I make a great peanut butter and banana sanwich!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Other than that, did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
Funny! lol!

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Anyone with a modicum of taste eats in Guadalajara. Let there be no pretense about 5 star restaurants here in the sticks. The food is either somewhat acceptable or completely abysmal.

There are, of course a few notable exceptions but they are rare, and can slide down the razor blade of life without warning.

Last night's example Vita Bella.

If you do happen to get a good meal out in the freezing cold, it is a true Christmas miracle.

I still prefer to eat at home. Especially with some of the excellent advise from local foodies who know their stuff. Another recent example those california kraft slices from Costco, paired with arrachera burgers on the barbeque, with a side of vodka and tonic.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 pm

E-raq wrote: california kraft slices from Costco, paired with arrachera burgers

Well that at MOST, is a modicum of taste E-raq. lol!
Right down there with Dawg's Burger King whoppers cheers

What say you John of restaurant fame?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am

slainte39 wrote:
E-raq wrote: california kraft slices from Costco, paired with arrachera burgers

Well that at MOST, is a modicum of taste E-raq. lol!
Right down there with Dawg's Burger King whoppers cheers

What say you John of restaurant fame?

You do realize that you are running the risk here of being perceived as a food snob Slainte39. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next