INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New French Pasteleria in West Ajijic

+7
Zedinmexico
ferret
little italy
joec
David
ComputerGuy
hound dog
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New French Pasteleria in West Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: New French Pasteleria in West Ajijic

Post by little italy Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Polenta, couscous, pine nuts, what wonderful treats these are.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New French Pasteleria in West Ajijic - Page 2 Empty Re: New French Pasteleria in West Ajijic

Post by hound dog Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 pm

[quote="DonPito"]When will those Frenchies start makin' moonpies?[/quote]

When the essential ice cold RC Cola, fried pork skins and Tom´s Peanuts are available as accompaniments to the Moon Pies.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Best fish I have ever eaten was fresh caught on the beach of North Queensland.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Funny my wife grew up in the south. Something gets into you and sticks and from
time to time she has to have Biscuits and Gravy or some Corn bread. She normally
is a Napa Valley Foodie but something about certain foods when you grow up that
you still have to have. I am that way with Boston Baked Beans and Molasses based
Johnny cake. A new england treat I would rather eat than lobster LOL.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

I just heard this place is no longer going to do lunches & will be open only from 9-1:00. The person who was to cook is now not coming from France.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:13 pm

[quote="Zedinmexico"]Funny my wife grew up in the south. Something gets into you and sticks and from
time to time she has to have Biscuits and Gravy or some Corn bread. She normally
you still have to have. I am that way with Boston Baked Beans and Molasses based

Z[/quote]

Amusing Zed. Dawg grew up in South Alabama and must have Alabama style cornbread dressing with my annual turkey Thanksgiving dinner even though my French wife thinks cornbread is for hawgs or cattle and has no idea what "Thanksgiving" is since, if one grows up in France in the right clan, every meal is a Thanksgiving.

Ended up working in the Napa Valley but living up in the Mayacamas half way between St. Helena and Santa Rosa. Some pretty good food in those parts.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:15 pm

[quote="Carry Bean"]I just heard this place is no longer going to do lunches & will be open only from 9-1:00. The person who was to cook is now not coming from France.[/quote]

Well, Damn!
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 pm

I said the same thing. My lunch group was going to go there Friday so a friend went in to book it & found out the bad news.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Based on this crisis announcement, Dawg went by the pastereria at abot 3:30PM today and bought a vanilla eclair. I actually wanted a coffee eclair and a napolean but they were out of both of those things thanks, I think, to Zed and my carrying on about them ad nauseum. I´ll have to go earlier tomorrow.

I guess it´s true that the bistro style lunches may not be forthcoming soon but the pastereria will be there and up and running until 5:00PM or so daily so the information about their closing by 1:00PM appears to be incorrect. This is good news for me and, who knows, the bistro diner may be opened soon under a different chef than that originally anticipated. I hope so but if not, have a napolean or coffee exclair in the interim.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, she's let the afternoon staff off. She told my friend the new hours & my friend offered to front her some money for the lunch group & then deduct it from the bill but no go. Guess we'll see how it plays out. Maybe she'll stay open until she's sold out?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="Zedinmexico"]Funny my wife grew up in the south. Something gets into you and sticks and from

Z

Amusing Zed. Dawg grew up in South Alabama and must have Alabama style cornbread dressing with my annual turkey Thanksgiving dinner even though my French wife thinks cornbread is for hawgs or cattle and has no idea what "Thanksgiving" is since, if one grows up in France in the right clan, every meal is a Thanksgiving.

Ended up working in the Napa Valley but living up in the Mayacamas half way between St. Helena and Santa Rosa. Some pretty good food in those parts.[/quote]

The french do not appreciate Corn products for some reason. I couldn't live without them.

I was outside Lyon ten years ago and was lucky enough for HP to take me out to the same
resturant that the french took Clinton to. Only meal to compare in my life was The Martini
house ( one star michelin alas recession took them out) in Napa. I thought the cheese plate
was decended to me from the Gods. I said to my french host that "something special about
the french (and italians) and food" and he said " of course" in a very egotistical way as if I
was stating the obvious. I still drool at the thought of that meal.

Z

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

Just talked to the french folks this am (tues) and they said they are not closing.
She is going back to France for a Month and this will be a yearly thing.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 am

Well, she's consistent in her inconsistency. Odd to just open, then close & go to France for a month but maybe she'll scout out some more help for place. They were going to only be open 9:00 to 1:00 PM or that's what she told my friend. Suspect

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm

It sounds like a very good NEW place working out the kinks. I don't think the trip to France is till summer. If the food is good enough... the folks hooked on her goodies will be waiting when she gets back.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2