INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage?

+18
Parker
little italy
Carry Bean
viajero
oncesubtle
gringal
Rosa Venus
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
hound dog
Jim W
David
DuckieHoomever
Grizzy
CanuckBob
joec
Zedinmexico
duffer
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage?

Post by gringal Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am

If you have second thoughts and want to hit that X, don't wait long. It disappears quickly.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage?

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

His first thought about this situation was probably bang on.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 am

gringal wrote:If you have second thoughts and want to hit that X, don't wait long. It disappears quickly.

Gringal, the X stays until there is another post following, where as the edit function times out.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 am

Grizzy wrote:Hmmmm clearly something is going on that I am clueless about. Apologies to the Mods and Bob, i will back out slowly.......

No need to apologize Grizzy, what's going on or at least the facts as I know them are:

Big Daddy left town unannounced, with his business equipment, vehicles and household goods. Days later, in a PM, he said would have an explanation published in the Guadalajara Reporter next Friday. I know his investors will be interested as will most of us. In the PM BD also said he would be back and reopen in a much larger capacity without investors and he would personally deal with anyone who took liberties with him.

Personally I will miss his product line, especially the Suicide Dogs, meatballs and the smoked salmon. He seemed a nice guy but I doubt he will return so I'm off to Super Lake to see if there are any of his products available.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 am

How bizarre...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:58 am

Seems as though BD would have set down with his investors prior to selling off assets and worked out a long term plan, Ya Think? Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Yes, Jim W, Ya would think.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:07 pm

He's supposedly in Canada per an email from a friend who heard from him. This is a partial quote:

"Myles said they will be back in Ajijic as soon as they get things settled for his parents. He asked us not to believe the rumors that have been spread and said that any money he owes anyone is a very small amount and he has agreements with those people on paying them back. He said that should be taken care of by next week."

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Uh-huh.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Carry Bean wrote:He's supposedly in Canada per an email from a friend who heard from him. This is a partial quote:

"Myles said they will be back in Ajijic as soon as they get things settled for his parents. He asked us not to believe the rumors that have been spread and said that any money he owes anyone is a very small amount and he has agreements with those people on paying them back. He said that should be taken care of by next week."

Rumor has it Carry Bean, that he is in Guadalajara, trying to get his girlfriend a VISA. Supposedly, his father is quite ill, as he posted last week, before that thread was taken down.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Uh-huh.

I'll second that "uh-huh" which is what I said when I got it. Just passing it along.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:duffer is also a newbie as of today. Two newbies who first post about Big Daddy? Seems as though Myles got tired of waiting for people to start talking about him and decided to kick it off.

Waaaal...........when we don't know nuthin' about what happened, anything said is pure speculation and that's just not very useful.
Now, I liked his food and am sorry he's in the wind instead of the in the Monday market, but such is life. I imagine that the story will be told, hopefully fairly and with facts, when the time is ready.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm

YUP, the first people to jump on the BOD would be the investors, announcing all is GOOD, protecting BD's name and product. Just wuderin why he is hidin so to speak, over such a small amount of money, somewhere North of 25k USD, they say!

Another question, why did he take down his Facebook page, and delete most of us from Gabriela's Facebook page, including investors? Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmmmm?

I'm gonna miss the smoked salmon!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 pm

BD if you're reading this board, forget about getting your wife/girlfriend the visa and go to your Father, I'm sure she will understand. It appears you had so many friends here that would have understood your situation with your Father. I am sure the investors would have understood and kept your business going while you were away and taken care of your Wife/girlfriend. What confuses me personally is the fact that you removed everything and simply disappeared.
Something you might want to remember upon your return, is the fact that most of us are older and our eating habits are not necessarily those of your products on a daily basis. What about a restaurant that has meat, fish, a couple of good Italian dishes, great vegetables and a salad bar beyond a salad severed with dinner and entertainment… us ole folk like good music and dance. I might be waaaaaay off, but just a suggestion.
Perhaps a survey of what the expats want in food and entertainment. Remember you and others are on the younger end of the scenario, but most are on the “senior” end.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Carry Bean wrote:He's supposedly in Canada per an email from a friend who heard from him. This is a partial quote:

Myles can dispel rumors anytime he wants as he monitors this board daily as evidenced by the "Registered Users" section at the bottom of the Inside Lakeside home page and/or the "Members connected during last 8 hours" so not to worry, Miles is a big boy.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

oncesubtle wrote:

Myles can dispel rumors anytime he wants as he monitors this board daily as evidenced by the "Registered Users" section at the bottom of the Inside Lakeside home page and/or the "Members connected during last 8 hours" so not to worry, Miles is a big boy.

Yes, but why would he want to? This is probably some of the best free advertising he’s’ had in a while.WHERE can I find Big Daddy Sausage? - Page 2 411125

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I wouldn't call this "free advertising" by any stretch of the imagination:
certainly not the kind of positive advertising a business would want.

I'm withholding judgment, pending hearing the facts from him and/or his investors.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Yes, I have run several businesses, and they were successful. However, my life experience is not relevant to my opinion that we should withhold judgment on this situation until we know the facts. "Clamoring for your product" only happens when your product is worth clamoring for.

Big Daddy's product was very popular; he didn't need any kind of scandal to help his sales. He was also very personable and people instinctively liked him. What's happened is very puzzling.

I have no idea what your last sentence means, but that's not unusual. scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:33 pm

gringal wrote:Yes, I have run several businesses, and they were successful. However, my life experience is not relevant to my opinion that we should withhold judgment on this situation until we know the facts. "Clamoring for your product" only happens when your product is worth clamoring for.

Big Daddy's product was very popular; he didn't need any kind of scandal to help his sales. He was also very personable and people instinctively liked him. What's happened is very puzzling.

I have no idea what your last sentence means. but that's not unusual. scratch

What scandal? He might be having a few issues but that is hardly a scandal. And I can assure your dislike for me has been very apparent for quite some time.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Parker, what would gringal´s dislike for you (real or imagined) have to do with what she said about BD and withholding judgement?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm

What happened to “Hocks” response?” There was nothing demeaning.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Parker, what would gringal´s dislike for you (real or imagined) have to do with what she said about BD and withholding judgement?

The implication by using the word “scandal” not necessary at this point, IMHO.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

gringal said, "Big Daddy's product was very popular; he didn't need any kind of scandal to help his sales. He was also very personable and people instinctively liked him. What's happened is very puzzling."

You say the word "scandal" was not necessary and that means she said it because she dislikes you?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:gringal said, "Big Daddy's product was very popular; he didn't need any kind of scandal to help his sales. He was also very personable and people instinctively liked him. What's happened is very puzzling."

You say the word "scandal" was not necessary and that means she said it because she dislikes you?

Why is stupidity so hard to avoid?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:39 pm

You did not answer my question. But, that´s okay. I can understand if you too have no idea what you are talking about.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Parker:

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next