INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor - El Chapo Death?

+7
espíritu del lago
Trailrunner
slainte39
viajero
joec
Ricardo
CheenaGringo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rumor - El Chapo Death? Empty Rumor - El Chapo Death?

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 am

INFORMADOR has a couple of articles speculation on the death of El Chapo in Guatemala:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=83wnUc72F6ii2AWuw4CoBg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1262%26bih%3D593&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/primera/2013/439272/6/causa-revuelo-supuesta-muerte-de-el-chapo.htm&usg=ALkJrhg3cNCd7tUYKdMLIMD4NncK-N5wCQ

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=83wnUc72F6ii2AWuw4CoBg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1262%26bih%3D593&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2013/439228/6/agentes-de-pgr-viajan-a-guatemala-ante-posible-muerte-de-el-chapo.htm&usg=ALkJrhiP8oOrLCZE7X8RVoNa5iQLgPzFmw

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Rumor - El Chapo Death? Empty Re: Rumor - El Chapo Death?

Post by Ricardo Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

The spokesman for the Guatemalan government says they have no confirmation of any sort of confrontation but are still checking out reports from local residents.

http://www.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/4d73b8f610b1fa289898f13c5db9e06d?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:INFORMADOR has a couple of articles speculation on the death of El Chapo in Guatemala:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=83wnUc72F6ii2AWuw4CoBg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1262%26bih%3D593&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/primera/2013/439272/6/causa-revuelo-supuesta-muerte-de-el-chapo.htm&usg=ALkJrhg3cNCd7tUYKdMLIMD4NncK-N5wCQ

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=83wnUc72F6ii2AWuw4CoBg&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1262%26bih%3D593&rurl=translate.google.com.mx&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2013/439228/6/agentes-de-pgr-viajan-a-guatemala-ante-posible-muerte-de-el-chapo.htm&usg=ALkJrhiP8oOrLCZE7X8RVoNa5iQLgPzFmw

Who cares?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Certainly not a self-centered peabrain such as yourself!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Certainly not a self-centered peabrain such as yourself!

And why would you care?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

Unlike yourself, I actually do care about the Country of Mexico and the Mexican people. El Chapo hasn't been good for either, so if he has been killed or eventually is arrested and prosecuted, it improves Mexico.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:57 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Unlike yourself, I actually do care about the Country of Mexico and the Mexican people. El Chapo hasn't been good for either, so if he has been killed or eventually is arrested and prosecuted, it improves Mexico.

It's not about caring or not caring about Mexico, his death in no way affects either you or I. You put more small talk BS on this forum just to increase your number of posts. Your a jerk. Go put a plastic bag over your head and suck backwards.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:01 am

Calm down John.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:02 am

It may not affect you in your perfect little community of LAS but for those of us who actually do move around the Country of Mexico, the activities of El Chapo and the like certainly do affect our movements! We are part of that minor element in Mexico called Tourism which contributes in a small way to the overall economy.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 am

CheenaGringo wrote:It may not affect you in your perfect little community of LAS but for those of us who actually do move around the Country of Mexico, the activities of El Chapo and the like certainly do affect our movements! We are part of that minor element in Mexico called Tourism which contributes in a small way to the overall economy.

Why even reply to moronic posts?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 am

THANK YOU, Slainte39! That's what I can't figure out either.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 am

Your a jerk. Go put a plastic bag over your head and suck backwards.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:00 am

joec wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:Unlike yourself, I actually do care about the Country of Mexico and the Mexican people. El Chapo hasn't been good for either, so if he has been killed or eventually is arrested and prosecuted, it improves Mexico.

It's not about caring or not caring about Mexico, his death in no way affects either you or I. You put more small talk BS on this forum just to increase your number of posts. Your a jerk. Go put a plastic bag over your head and suck backwards.

It's becoming more and more clear why you are not very well liked on this board, I don't usually respond to these, and no I don't know you either, I just know you by what has been projected here on this board by you.

Try a little "man in the mirror" philosophy, it all starts with him.

I did, and for the most part, it has kept me from writing posts like this, pardon the exception! my bad...

Last edited by SnowDaddy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : second thoughts...but did it anyway...and a typo)
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 pm

espíritu del lago wrote: Your a jerk. Go put a plastic bag over your head and suck backwards.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

That's funny?....trust you're being saracastic?

Last edited by slainte39 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Still trying to figure out how to "SUCK BACKWARDS" ? joec......would that be BLOW? Twisted Evil
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Jim W wrote:Still trying to figure out how to "SUCK BACKWARDS" ? joec......would that be BLOW? Twisted Evil
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Slainte: Yep! I was..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 am

Good luck on finding out what really happened. That area is pretty much lawless and the locals are not prone to talk to the authorities.
I was there with friends a few weeks ago and the jungle is full of unsavory characters from coyotes to gangs like the Maras waiting to cross over to Mexico.
People speak openly about their "jobs" but I cannot imagine they would be open to speak to the authorities.
One of the polleros told us he crossed migrants from Salvador to Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico and that his brother was working for the cartels. He told us he went to Mexico for medical services as he could claim he was a migrant and had access to the Seguro Popular and that they were way better that the hospitals in Guatemala... We had to wait in the middle of nowhere after we crossed the border/river and there were a bunch of no so good looking people waiting around as well, the guy who crossed us was from Salvador and told us they were maras waiting for the coyote to cross. them.
You have indigenous going about their work and migrants and criminals going about theirs, it is live and let live but I would not want to go in there with a uniform ....

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 am

You are speaking of MS-13 I assume. (Mara Salvatrucha (commonly abbreviated as MS, Mara, and MS-13)

The Mara Salvatrucha gang originated in Los Angeles], set up in the 1980s by Salvadoran immigrants in the city's Pico-Union neighborhood who immigrated to the United States after the Central American civil wars of the 1980s.[9][10]
Originally, the gang's main purpose was to protect Salvadoran immigrants from other, more established gangs of Los Angeles, who were predominantly composed of Mexicans and African-Americans.[11]

Source wiki
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:59 pm

That is what one of the Salvadoran man who lived in the area said they were. They were keeping to themselves so we did not ask them fór details. The Maras are present in Tapachula and all over the border down there and there are known to be pretty ruthless so better ignore them when you are stuck with them for a few hours.
The sad part is that they had some young women and kids with them and Chiapas is pretty rough on the migrants . The border itself is totally porous and easy to cross via the water or jungle but then you have to cross Chiapas and I would imagine that between all the check points and the not so welcoming local population it has to be a really rough trip-

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Why don't you post about your trip in more detail. I would love to hear more, I am sure others would too.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm

It was an intense trip and I am planning to take it again but take a month rather than 2 weeks to do it and visit more out of the way places like Piedras Negras and other places now that I have figured out how to do it..
We did the typical tourist route to visit the Mayan ruins starting with Toniná, Palenque, Bonampak, Yaxchilan, Tikal and Copan, Honduras going via public transportation through the Peten, ended up in Livingston then on to Honduras to see Copan and coming back via Guatemala City, Antigua, Lake Atitlan , Mesilla , Comitan, San Cristobal de las Casas.
We will remember one thing about the trip, steps steps and more steps, we came back with really strong back and legs...
I am leaving again on Monday to take more trips around Chiapas, Campeche and Guatemala so I do not really have the time to write about it..sorry.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Steve Cotton was down there around the time you were, he was in San Cristabol and Palanque not Guatemala or El Salvador. You and others might enjoy reading his travels. He has many beautiful pictures too. He travels all over not just Mexico. He is a resident of Melanque so to speak. His Southern Mexico adventure starts here in Chiapas .
http://steveinmexico.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-02-19T06:11:00-06:00&max-results=7
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

What a shame to go all the way there to see so little and I thought my trip was too short!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 am

He had to return to the states to sign on the closing of his home.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next