INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spa(s) in San Juan Cosala

+4
Chapala Payaso
joec
E-raq
Axixic
8 posters

Go down

Spa(s) in San Juan Cosala Empty Spa(s) in San Juan Cosala

Post by Axixic Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 am

A search didn't produce much info so I will just ask.

Can anyone provide any guidance on making use of the Spas in SJC? I have company for the weekend and was thinking a trip to the spa might be a pleasant excursion.

Locations, costs, facilities, directions - that kind of info would be most helpful.

TIA
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Spa(s) in San Juan Cosala Empty Re: Spa(s) in San Juan Cosala

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:05 am

South of the highway, at the entrance to SJC. Have no clue as to prices. It's a fun day though. Turn left at the sign, there's plenty of parking usually. especially weekdays, Don't go on the weekend unless you like being around a bunch of screaming kids.

One word of caution, do not get water in your eyes, and shower afterwards. Just sayin'.

They have a steam room, very interesting and a whole lot of pools from hot to cool.

Some restaurants, can't comment since I haven't been there in years.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 am

Axixic wrote:A search didn't produce much info so I will just ask.

Can anyone provide any guidance on making use of the Spas in SJC? I have company for the weekend and was thinking a trip to the spa might be a pleasant excursion.

Locations, costs, facilities, directions - that kind of info would be most helpful.

TIA

Look at this website www.accesslakechapala.com for Hot Springs Spa and Hotel in San Juan Cosala Balnearios

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 am

Best day to go is Tuesday since they change the water on Monday. Take a picnic lunch if you prefer but no glass bottles for obvious reasons. Or eat there. Water temps in the 3 pools are 30, 40, and 50 centigrade. Stay away on Friday since thre are folks there in street clothes. They do accept INAPAM cards for a 50% discount for the holder of the card.

Entering SJC from Ajijic, after passing the lake side restaurants, watch for an overhead sign announcing the balanero (sp?). If you pass the tall antenna tower you went too far. Is is at the motel down on your left.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am

You may even want to consider having drinks and/or lunch at La Vida Bella or Chac Lan and enjoy the view

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 am

Thanks all - my company is only here for the weekend so I guess we will have to risk the screaming kids.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 am

After using a number of nicer and less expensive spas around the country ... the cost kept me away
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am

Go to the main pubic spa, which is a lot more fun than the smaller private ones. It is located east of the village of San Juan Cosala. There is a large sign on the carretera that reads "Aguas Termales" (thermal waters) that directs you to the spa. The water in the pools is replenished with freshly pumped thermal water every four hours. The pools are cleaned on a weekly schedule, not all on the same day. The jacuzzis and steam room are cleaned daily, from 12:00-2:00. Last time I was there it cost 160 pesos. You can also get a mud bath, scented jacuzzi, sweat lodge and massage for an extra fee. It's a lot of fun...much like a large water park, complete with slides and diving platform. Have a good time.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 am

Smartalex wrote:Go to the main pubic spa, which is a lot more fun than the smaller private ones. It is located east of the village of San Juan Cosala. There is a large sign on the carretera that reads "Aguas Termales" (thermal waters) that directs you to the spa. The water in the pools is replenished with freshly pumped thermal water every four hours. The pools are cleaned on a weekly schedule, not all on the same day. The jacuzzis and steam room are cleaned daily, from 12:00-2:00. Last time I was there it cost 160 pesos. You can also get a mud bath, scented jacuzzi, sweat lodge and massage for an extra fee. It's a lot of fun...much like a large water park, complete with slides and diving platform. Have a good time.

Nice, sound like my kinda price and place. I could really use a nice mud bath and a scented jacuzzi.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

There is a side of the spa that is for adults only. Hubby and I went there a few years back. Very pleasant.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:28 am

We went in January for an overnight trip. The rate is now $200 pesos for admission to the large area. They've re-done the lower area where the herbal baths/mud bath are since I was there last...nicely done!
The room we had was clean and the rooms have access to a jacuzzi and steam cave separate from the main area.
The food on-site was adequate.
I've always enjoyed my daily or overnight trips any day of the week.
Friends, fun and mud. What's not to like!
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down