INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immigration

5 posters

Go down

Immigration Empty Immigration

Post by Ajijic Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 am

On TOB I see a lot of misinformation etc. My wife, who is Mexican is a facilitator and in INM in SMA several times a week. Plus, she calls the hotline for clarification.

For example: At the end of the four years total (a combination of FM-3 and FM-2 or all FM-2 or all FM-3 with exceptions noted), you may then request a change to Permanent Resident visa based on four years residency and not have to prove income. You can not have a break in service meaning a visa expired; all renewals must have been done on time; if the word "PERMANENCIA" on the Immigration computer system comes up as in reference to when one reached five years on a past FM-2/3 and renewed they will count all past visa time towards a Permanent Resident visa. If the word "Regularization"(meaning you reached 5 years and started over) they only count time since the regularization plus time on current visas towards Permanent Resident. No proof of income required. Your experience may be different but that is according to Hotline as well. I personally had 2 years of a FM-3 and 2 years FM-2 and obtained PR visa.

When one gets their pre-aqpproved visa at a consulate as soon as you have your "visa" placed in your passport by a consulate, take a copy of it along with copy of main page of your passport. One of my wife's clients the day after arriving in San Miguel lost or had his passport stolen. This was the day before he was to go to INM to process his Permanent Resident visa. For whatever reason he had a copy of the visa given to him by a consulate in Miami. He went with my wife and met an INM supervisor to explain. In SMA he applied for a new passport which took 8 days. This week they will return to INM and he has been told the Permanent Resident visa will be processed. So, it helps to copy your consulate visa and your passport. The pre-approved visa is good for 6 months but only 30 days after entering Mexico. Once one has a pre-approved visa all they are required to show at a INM office in Mexico is their passport with the visa in it. The on-line application form, photos, payment, fingerprints are all required at this time.

Some INM offices allow finances other than pension income to qualify for Permanent Resident. In SMA and as per the Hotline only pension income supported by bank statements and letters from the pension income source are to count for Permanent resident. Investments, home ownership in Mexico, education etc are all part of the point system which is not yet implemented. I know not every INM office or consulate follows this but if you get denied based on investments etc please understand why.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Immigration Empty Re: Immigration

Post by Ajijic Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Some have stated they have a FMM travel document and want a lucrative 9work visa). Others have noted they are not in Mexico but want to work here.

At a consulate you apply for a Temporary Resident or Permanent Resident visa.

Whatever pre-approved visa they give you, it is for 6 months but you must apply at INM here within 30 days of entering Mexico. Once you apply at your local INM office you will have to return to INM for fingerprints and signatures about 2 weeks after.

With a Permanent Resident visa you can work. If the consulate gives you a pre-approved Temporary Resident visa you must ask for a "lucrative" visa at your local INM office so you can work. That is an additional 2600 pesos on top of the regular Temporary Resident visa fee.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 pm

John:

As you made perfectly clear, you don't care for the layout of this forum. CB has seen fit to provide a "Legal" section where this topic and others of similar content work.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:17 pm

You should have copies of all your documents but losing papers is a real pain.

The first thing to do here in Jalisco is to go to the Ministerio Publico and make a report . I lost all of my papers passeport, Inmigrado card, drivers license , INAPM etc... it was all kinds of fun ,copies helped but the most important is the MP report.
The drivers´license was the most pain to get without a passport or an immigration card, I was not able to drive for a couple of months because of this mess. Copies were of no help at for the driver´s license.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajijic Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:John:

As you made perfectly clear, you don't care for the layout of this forum. CB has seen fit to provide a "Legal" section where this topic and others of similar content work.

Neal are you having a bad day? I do not appreciate your sarcasm! I simply stated there are a lot of topics on this forum of which I have been a member for a very long time. I nicely suggested based on seeing how some are barely used maybe a grouping could be considered if others agree.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:30 pm

I understand your post may be somewhat of a generalization, but might I ask about two seemingly disparate points you made:

"At the end of the four years total (a combination of FM-3 and FM-2 or all FM-2 or all FM-3 with exceptions noted), you may then request a change to Permanent Resident visa based on four years residency and not have to prove income."
and
"Some INM offices allow finances other than pension income to qualify for Permanent Resident."
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm

You've failed to clarify that some of what you wrote was for people ALREADY IN MEXICO IN THE SYTEM and the rest of the stuff about the consulate is for NEW PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT IN MEXICO IN THE SYSTEM.

This is where people are getting confused. There are basically two sets of rules. One for those who have already been here and are in the system. One for new people coming down.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm

As I suspected, my question would not be necessary if what Saege just posted was apparent in the OP.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajijic Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 pm

HelperGuy wrote:As I suspected, my question would not be necessary if what Saege just posted was apparent in the OP.

4 years obviously applies to a person already here.

Consulate applies to one not here and applying first time.

Last paragraph applies to INM and consulates. Some accept investments etc but according to our local INM and hotline at this time in their opinion not allowed.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajijic Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I understand your post may be somewhat of a generalization, but might I ask about two seemingly disparate points you made:

"At the end of the four years total (a combination of FM-3 and FM-2 or all FM-2 or all FM-3 with exceptions noted), you may then request a change to Permanent Resident visa based on four years residency and not have to prove income."
and
"Some INM offices allow finances other than pension income to qualify for Permanent Resident."

To your first comment if a question, the answer is "definitely".

To your second statement, the law allows those already here who have a visa and regardless of time, to be become Permanent Resident based on pension income and they may apply at any time.
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Appreciate the clarification. My first comment was not a question, and the statement you made about "finances other than pension income" was not clear to me in your original post regarding length of time here. On the other hand, I am no longer sure which post or posts you are referring to when you say "to your first comment if a question".
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down