INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immigration Photos

+8
brigitte
slainte39
Jim W
David
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
joec
MtnButterfly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Immigration Photos Empty Immigration Photos

Post by MtnButterfly Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Does anyone know the name of the place on Ocampo (one door South of Martin's Cartridge Kings old store), that does photos as well as photos for INM cards? I need some done pronto and do not have his name, phone number or hours. I would sure appreciate it if anyone out there can help out with some info. I know that there are other places that do them but would prefer to use this particular place. Thanks!
MtnButterfly
MtnButterfly

Back to top Go down

Immigration Photos Empty Re: Immigration Photos

Post by joec Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 pm

MtnButterfly wrote:Does anyone know the name of the place on Ocampo (one door South of Martin's Cartridge Kings old store), that does photos as well as photos for INM cards? I need some done pronto and do not have his name, phone number or hours. I would sure appreciate it if anyone out there can help out with some info. I know that there are other places that do them but would prefer to use this particular place. Thanks!

You like paying a lot more! Why? Go to Farmacia Guadalajara. Much, much cheaper. That's where we go for our INM pictures.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Sorry, I don't remember the name. I was just there last week. I think the street number was Ocampo 34.

John, please be careful when making recommendations. Ask Kevin Paulini of Ajijic Legal and Immigration Services the number of times his clients had to go back a second time, because the pictures from the Farmacia were rejected by Immigration. Maybe it was one time in ten or perhaps 1 time in four, I don't know. But when his clients went to the photographer mentioned above, whose name I can not think of, one pays slightly more (I paid $100 pesos) and one usually(apparently almost never), has to go back a second time for another set of photos.

Am I an expert on the subject? no. I just know I didn't have to go back when I went the place mentioned above or to the photographer in Chapala across the street and a little south of the Chapala bus station.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm

John:

The OP asked a specific and direct question regarding a certain place of business. Seems to me, you were hardly being helpful by pontificating? For one who is always accusing people of being cheap, your response seems to indicate same attitude on your part. If Pete paid $100MXN, just how much less expensive is Farmacia Guadalajara and what is the saving in USD?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Faracia Guadalajara charges $50. INM has always accepted our FG pix.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:12 pm

David wrote:Faracia Guadalajara charges $50. INM has always accepted our FG pix.
I've heard many have had good luck there. Some of us haven't. It was just recommended that the odds of being accepted where quite a bit higher if you used a professional photographer.

Again, I "aint no" expert, but I respect those who recommended to me an alternative more reliable solution.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

I know that two years ago that INM in Guadalajara wouldn't accept pix from FG, however INM in Chapala seems to accept them. At least for the two renewals we've done there.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 pm

David wrote:Faracia Guadalajara charges $50. INM has always accepted our FG pix.

David, I agree. In 11 years here INM has always accepted our Farmacia Guadalajara pix.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 pm

But John, you couldn't have gotten your photos at the Ajijic Farmacia Guadalajara 11 years ago. They hadn't arrived "Lakeside" yet. You know that. At least I think you do.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:57 pm

MexicoPete wrote:But John, you couldn't have gotten your photos at the Ajijic Farmacia Guadalajara 11 years ago. They hadn't arrived "Lakeside" yet. You know that. At least I think you do.

Good Point Pete....LMFAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Jim W wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:But John, you couldn't have gotten your photos at the Ajijic Farmacia Guadalajara 11 years ago. They hadn't arrived "Lakeside" yet. You know that. At least I think you do.

Good Point Pete....LMFAO

Yeah!!...Score a touchdown for Pete in the Abysmal Bowl.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 am

As far as I remember, they WERE here 11 years ago. If I'm wrong, what year did they arrive?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 am

I agree, they were here .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 am

brigitte wrote:I agree, they were here .

Pete can't help it. It's just his age. At 103, I'd be senile too. LOL.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

Being 103 John, and not remembering as well as you, while at Actinver, I walked over and checked when the Farmacia opened. You were right, John they were there 11 years ago, it's that they didn't start offering the service of taking pictures until later.

Oh, and go ahead and continue to use them if you want John, as my advisor said often their pictures are accepted. Kevin simply pointed out that not all of his clients have been as lucky as you, and he recommended several other alternatives where, his clients had much better luck.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtnButterfly Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks Pete... That is the one I was referring to and I believe you are right about it being Ocampo 34. Hugo is his name and he is who we used last time and were very pleased with the outcome. I had heard different things about Guadalajara Farmacia pictures and how sometimes they don't accept the pictures and just didn't want to take a chance. His fee is 100 pesos and to me it is well worth a little extra to have them done correctly the 1st time and not to have to do it over. Don't have time for mess ups if I'm going to have them submitted by this Thursday. Thanks for your help.
MtnButterfly
MtnButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm currently in the process of renewing my visa at the Chapala INM office. My FM3 is being converted to Residente Temporal. Although I have always used Guadalajara Farmacia photos in the past, my abogado specifically requested "studio quality" photos and not from the Farmacia.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Smartalex wrote:I'm currently in the process of renewing my visa at the Chapala INM office. My FM3 is being converted to Residente Temporal. Although I have always used Guadalajara Farmacia photos in the past, my abogado specifically requested "studio quality" photos and not from the Farmacia.

So, did mine suggest that and we went to the Farmacia as we have for the past 11 years, no problem. We're not going to pay someone DOUBLE because he thinks he's good.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Or pay your help properly because you don't to follow any damned formulas.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:27 pm

What I was told a couple of years ago at the GDL INM is that quality of the paper used in the Farmicia Guadalajara prints is not the greatest and that sometimes in the heated lamination process they tend to blur,for an extra 50 pesos why risk having to make an extra trip.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm

The only problem I ever heard associated with Farmacia Guadalajara photos was when they were presented in the little FG envelopes. I've always used them, dealing both with INM in Guadalajara and Chapala.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am

joec wrote:
You like paying a lot more! Why? Go to Farmacia Guadalajara. Much, much cheaper. That's where we go for our INM pictures.

While I don't like paying more I do like paying people who live in my community. At Farmacia Guadalajara I pay for a machine that was not built here. I'd rather pay a local photographer. It's better for my community.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:41 am

Luisa wrote:While I don't like paying more I do like paying people who live in my community. At Farmacia Guadalajara I pay for a machine that was not built here. I'd rather pay a local photographer. It's better for my community.
While I applaud your sentiment, I can think of a billion things I have bought/will buy that aren't made here. For example... milk. I can buy from a local farmer, I'm sure, but would I?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 am

HelperGuy wrote:
Luisa wrote:While I don't like paying more I do like paying people who live in my community. At Farmacia Guadalajara I pay for a machine that was not built here. I'd rather pay a local photographer. It's better for my community.
While I applaud your sentiment, I can think of a billion things I have bought/will buy that aren't made here. For example... milk. I can buy from a local farmer, I'm sure, but would I?

Do you buy milk that came from outside Mexico? Where do you think the photo equipment at Farmacia Guadalajara came from? Does it replace the need for skilled employment?

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 am

Where do you think the equipment comes from?

First of all, milk is just ONE of so many examples.

Secondly, you were quite clearly talking about supporting your community, not all of Mexico. You want me to pick something else? Ever shopped at CostCo? How about buying a chicken: it's well documented that most chickens consumed in Mexico come from the U.S.

Like I said, I applaud your sentiment, but that's kind of inside-the-bubble thinking.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next