INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it.

3 posters

Go down

I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it. Empty I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it.

Post by Talosian Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

I had been on TOB for some years; for the most part, I found the people pretty nice and got lot of information.

Sure, there were some real jerks who I often felt had their posts ghostwritten by either Jack Daniels or Jose Quervo. I saw a couple of the worst offenders finally banned; and good riddance.

Then new Mods came on-board. And were really oppressive. OK, it’s their playground; if I don't like it, I can take my marbles and go someplace else.

Having met Richard Tingen before (very nice guy actually) , I stopped in to talk w/him about the board. I gave my thoughts as the “ultimate consumer.” He said the board belonged to his son David and called him down.

I talked to David who was polite but not really interested; at least that was my impression. For sure, nothing changed.

So, what the heck, I tried.

I tried not to get sucked into conversations that degenerated into name calling, but if I did feel the need to comment, I was always diplomatic. I can tell someone to “Go to Hell” in such a way, they look forward to the trip.

Anyway, my wife and I had this worker that was helping me do our remodel; nice younger guy, hard worker, honest, married with children. He also worked for a lady we knew. I had helped this lady on a legal matter that was NOB. One thing I found quickly, she did love her “Happy Hour,” which often started before Noon.

One day our worker tells my wife that this lady pulled a “Mrs. Robinson”” (The Graduate) on him and they were into it; he for the fringe benefits (cloths, $$, etc.) and she for really needing someone she thought "cared" about her.

So I posted a question on TOB, no names or anything that could be used for identification, if this was somewhat common here. Again, very diplomatically. That was it!

Without so much as a “By your leave,” I got a three year suspension. I had never been dinged before.

At first I figured I was probably better off, but I did miss being able to ask questions on who, what, when, and where.

A couple of months later, I decided I wanted back on that board. So it took me all of 15 seconds to delete the cookie the board had placed on my computer, thus allowing me reinvent myself.

After a while, I got found out and tossed off again. So I waited a bit and tossed the cookie and went back.

After a while, I was busted again. How? I have a particular style of writing and an interest in dog welfare, etc. so I was then kicked to the curb with a lifetime suspension. I mean, I couldn’t even READ the board.

I kicked the cookie again and can read the board and was going to do another transformation but then I found this board.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the pits, I give this board a 98.6.

TOB could be great. what with its longevity, it has a lot of people, Problem is, as we know, the moderators are like the “Thought Police” and Talaban combined. So ----------------

This has been my novella of the week.

Thanks.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it. Empty Re: I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it.

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Their rules are draconian, but as you say, they are their rules. My problem is with most of the moderators, who relish their kingpin status, and add their own rules. Just like new religions.

I got suspended under one name for trying to lighten up one thread by making a joke about a friend of mine, who was posting in the same thread. There was no notice or explanation. When I PMd the mod, I was told "There is no room for humor on this board; jokes are not allowed".
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it. Empty Re: I promised I would tell this story sometime, so here it is. Why I was banned from TOB and what I did about it.

Post by E-raq Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 am

Well there was no humor when I boycotted their restaurant either, for draconian smoking rules.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down