INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As promised.... Breakfast is on me.

2 posters

Go down

As promised....  Breakfast is on me. Empty As promised.... Breakfast is on me.

Post by albertrv Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Our first of many contests has been announced. Details can be found here Contest Information

Depending on your browser and its settings you might have to scroll down a bit to see the info on the contest as a new article was published today announcing our online games section and this would have pushed the contest info down one notch.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

As promised....  Breakfast is on me. Empty Re: As promised.... Breakfast is on me.

Post by albertrv Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 pm

OPPPP...... I broke the site so you had best wait a bit before checking things out. Seems that I made a suggestion that Ellen wishes she never heard. She's working on the site now and I'll let you know when its back up.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

As promised....  Breakfast is on me. Empty Re: As promised.... Breakfast is on me.

Post by albertrv Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:23 am

Our website is back up again. It's been a very frustrating week getting new software upgraded to work with the original upgrade is what caused the whole problem. The website came back up a few days ago and the forum finally came back online last night...

So our first contest is back on and breakfast is still on me. Have a look at Contest Information. You will have to scroll down to the 3rd article on the homepage to see more information.

Under the community tab there is also a contest sub menu which will always take you to the latest contest we are having.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Great website Albert, but WAY to slow to navigate.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi Martygraw,

Thanks for the complement on the site. It is an ongoing work in progress and as long as people want new features it may never be finished. We do listen to suggestions and therefore I would like to ask you a couple of things. When you say slow navigation are you referring to a slow server or excessive background processing slowing up refresh rates or do you mean that things are just located in a bad menu location making it time consuming to navigate around. We are on satellite internet and everything is slow for us making it very hard to tell. We are also close to needing to upgrade our servers in the USA and once this happens speed will pick up across the board. And last but not least any slowness could be a temporary thing from Telmex or the internet just being slow at that moment.

In the long term the forum area does have a suggestion category and we always will welcome any ideas.

There are lots of things in the works. As I type a group area is being set up. Friends, family, non-profit, and other special interest areas can have a private or public group area to keep in touch with each other. In addition to the instant communication aspect of the group a forum area is available, both private and public.

Thanks for your comments, they are always welcome and appreciated.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Martygraw, One more thing I forgot to mention. Many area's of our site are actually external links. Then may look like part of our website but they are not. Things like:

Crosswords
Sudoku
Weather Links
Newspapers
MLS listing

And so on and so forth with many more to come. We feel these are important for a community website but we have no control over what happens when a page has to come from another website.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down