INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

substitute for Sudafed

+2
hockables
coffeeguy
6 posters

Go down

substitute for Sudafed Empty substitute for Sudafed

Post by coffeeguy Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 am

Sudafed/suphedrine is illegal in Mexico and I haven't seen any over-the-counter decongestants that don't contain acetimonophen or aspirin or other stuff. Would like to have just a straight decongesstant that works (I try to avoid using Afrin and the like since I abused those sprays in the past and the rebound effect from long-term use is really bad). Any recommendations appreciated.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

substitute for Sudafed Empty Re: substitute for Sudafed

Post by hockables Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 am

U could try a domestic product... try snorting Chili Oil
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 am

coffeeguy wrote:Sudafed/suphedrine is illegal in Mexico and I haven't seen any over-the-counter decongestants that don't contain acetimonophen or aspirin or other stuff. Would like to have just a straight decongesstant that works (I try to avoid using Afrin and the like since I abused those sprays in the past and the rebound effect from long-term use is really bad). Any recommendations appreciated.

I've been using AFRIN Nasal Spray for the 11 years that I've been here. I use it only when needed, like maybe once every two or three days in small quantities. No negative side effects. I do not use it when I have a cold.

I think Vicks Vapo Rub is the best old fashioned remedy.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

I cannot say if it is illegal at this time or not. As of 2007, it was still available as a "grupo 3" medicine. Last I heard it was going to grupo 2 (more controlled). If it is still available, it will require a real prescription.

It has largely been replaced by "fenilefrina" because of the use of pseudoephedrine in the production of methamphetamines, which in my opinion is not as good as pseudoephedrine, but is does still work.

FORMA FARMACÉUTICA Y FORMULACIÓN
Cada 100 ml de JARABE contienen:

Clorhidrato de pseudoefedrina............................ 0.600 g
Vehículo, c.b.p. 100 ml.

Cada TABLETA contiene:

Clorhidrato de pseudoefedrina............................. 60 mg
Excipiente, c.b.p. 1 tableta.

LEYENDAS DE PROTECCIÓN
Producto perteneciente al grupo III. Su venta requiere receta médica, la cual podrá surtirse hasta en 3 ocasiones con vigencia de 6 meses. Literatura exclusiva para médicos. No se deje al alcance de los niños. No debe tomarse simultáneamente con medicamentos depresores del SNC, ni con bebidas alcohólicas. Su administración en el embarazo y la lactancia es responsabilidad del médico. GLAXOSMITHKLINE MÉXICO, S. A. de C. V. Regs. Núms. 88433 y 58608, S. S. A. III DEAR-03363100272/RM2003 y LEAR-314206/RM2002 IPP-Familia: 03310101638, S. S. A. 2003

coffeeguy wrote:Sudafed/suphedrine is illegal in Mexico and I haven't seen any over-the-counter decongestants that don't contain acetimonophen or aspirin or other stuff. Would like to have just a straight decongesstant that works (I try to avoid using Afrin and the like since I abused those sprays in the past and the rebound effect from long-term use is really bad). Any recommendations appreciated.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies, and thanks especially to you Dr. Thelin not only for this helpful post but for all of your posts here and your recent articles in the local monthlies. I'm very grateful for your "tell it like it is" education about the medical system here.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks Coffeeguy. I try to give useful, true, non-sugar-coated information. It is very appriciated to hear something nice, especially after all negative comments I get from Cheech and Chong.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

ROTFLMAO! And, of course, nothing negative comes from you does it Dr. Thelin?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:23 pm

Shit stirring Dead Horse

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down