INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who to call for a tow

2 posters

Go down

Who to call for a tow Empty Who to call for a tow

Post by Diego Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:45 pm

While driving the other day I thought that if I broke down I don't know who to call for a tow. Suggestion?

Diego

Back to top Go down

Who to call for a tow Empty Re: Who to call for a tow

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:19 pm

I found this article:

The Green Angels roadside assistance

How to Get Help

Dial 078 from any cell phone or TELMEX phone booth. Your call will be routed to the Green Angels’ Mexico City dispatch office. Agents there will radio the appropriate unit throughout the country. Green Angels don’t service every little backwater, however they do patrol all federal and toll highways. If you are having problems be sure to open your hood so they will see you.

The tow trucks typically make a full-circuit trip of each highway per day, in addition to responding to emergency calls. Agents typically work from 8AM to 8PM. On major holidays like semana santa (Easter week) and on puentes (long weekends) they are available 24 hours a day.

Drivers carry gasoline and motor oil as well as spare tires and parts for minor but important repairs. Trained in CPR, they can administer first aid in the event of an accident or medical emergency. While their main function is to help motorists in distress, they also carry maps and brochures of their regions. Most drivers speak excellent to reasonably good English and are knowledgeable about road conditions and tolls in their areas, explained Daniel Gómez, radio operator at the Puerto Vallarta station.

To Pay or Not to Pay?

There’s no charge for these services, but motorists must pay for gasoline, oil and parts. There’s conflicting information in guide books and on the web about whether drivers can accept tips. Mr. Gómez assured me that tips are permitted, and the Green Angels are happy to accept them. He reiterated, however, that the service is free, and that tips are entirely optional.

In 2007 the nation’s fleet of Green Angel trucks numbered 1,800; additional vehicles are expected in March 2008. Motorists can easily recognize the forest-green trucks with government logos painted on the side in white. Drivers wear a green uniform and carry identification with their name and photo around the neck.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down