INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lavanderias!

+9
Tony_In_Mexico
Pogo
Khof
Irish Gal
joec
Flamingo
ferret
jrm30655
Trailrunner
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lavanderias! Empty Lavanderias!

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Ok, let's talk lavanderias. Been using the one in SAT, clothes sometimes not so clean, wrinkled sometimes - I mean, how can you wrinkle polyester scrubs???, seems they sometimes have different ideas of one or two loads, had Mexican blouses dry cleaned there and a couple of them the colors ran, come on. . .now that I write this I have to wonder why I go there! Oh yeah, they're close.

Am I supposed to bring my own Bounce?

I hear good things about the one in Chapala, I'd be willing to drive there if it was better. What about the one behind Torito, think it's Cece's? Others?

I need some feedback. Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lavanderias! Empty Re: Lavanderias!

Post by jrm30655 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 pm

There is one up in the shopping center where the Waffle House is that i have used and it has been OK

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm

The one that jrm mentioned is good but I only use them for really large items like comforters. Cece's burned some of my stuff and I won't go back there...other people swear by it.
I'm surprised that John hasn't pitched in on this one. He once said that he has all his silk shirts done at the one close to the Waffle House (I think it's called Express Cleaners)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

The one by the Waffle House is clear cross town from me in SAT. I'd have to battle the crazy friggin' snowbird traffic through Ajijic and back and back and back again to pick up the stuff. Is that the only other lavanderia that can wash clothes, get them clean, and not wrinkle polyester scrubs in this whole east end?

Maybe I should open an lavanderia. Or buy a washing machine. aarrgghh
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that Express Cleaners has a satellite depot really close to you. I'll wait for somebody else to remember 'cuz I know I've passed by it and seen the sign but instant recall isn't happening at the moment.
Their phone number is 766-4677

Last edited by ferret on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add phone number)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 pm

I use the lavanderia across from Soriana and down a couple of blocks. I have only used it for big stuff like blankets. And they came out fine. I have heard good things about the lavanderia on the street behind the plaza in Chapala but haven't used them.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 am

Trailrunner wrote:The one by the Waffle House is clear cross town from me in SAT. I'd have to battle the crazy friggin' snowbird traffic through Ajijic and back and back and back again to pick up the stuff. Is that the only other lavanderia that can wash clothes, get them clean, and not wrinkle polyester scrubs in this whole east end?

Maybe I should open an lavanderia. Or buy a washing machine. aarrgghh

Too bad because the one I use is in Ajijic near the Waffle House.

MAXXYCLEAN 2 HOUR DRYCLEANERS
Carretera # 59 – Next to Casa de Waffle
Telephone: 766 3571

I take pants to be shortened, my silk and rayon shirts to be drycleaned and the bedspread we just had cleaned and picked up today, 85 pesos. Always perfect work. They have huge laundry machines too.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:47 am

I recently used the lavenderia near the Waffle House and was very pleased with their service. All sheets and pillow cases neatly folded ready to put away.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for the comments, I'll try the one in Chapala behind the plaza as they seem to get a lot of good recommendations.

Ferret: Satellite depot?

Flamingo: Thanks, I didn't know about them I'll check them out too.

The SAT one folds everything nice and packages it all up good too. It's not until you get it home and start taking it apart that you discover they let ithe clothes sit in the dryer too long and everything is wrinkled and some whites could be whiter. Just sayin'.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 am

A satellite depot would be a small storefront where just the drop off and pick up occur. They don't actually do the laundry or dry cleaning but take it to their larger facility that does.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks, Ferret!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:34 am

Just buy a used washing machine....use cold water, and they don't use a lot of electric. Then you can line dry the clothes in the sun and they smell divine.

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

Khof wrote:Just buy a used washing machine....use cold water, and they don't use a lot of electric. Then you can line dry the clothes in the sun and they smell divine.

You can buy a used washing machine at Electroventa in Riberas or a new one with a few dents for less than a brandy new one.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 am

Yeah, I'm going to start looking for one. I love the smell of line-dried clothes too.
Thanks, guys.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lavanderias! Empty Shirt Laundry?

Post by Pogo Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 am

I never thought I would be asking for such a thing here, but I do have some shirts that need to be washed, starched and ironed. Is there a place locally where that is done really well?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

Pogo wrote:I never thought I would be asking for such a thing here, but I do have some shirts that need to be washed, starched and ironed. Is there a place locally where that is done really well?

I think the dry cleaner recommended above can do it. Check with them.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm

I've been using the one in Chapala on the corner of Zaragosa and Lopez Cotilla since I've been here. Never a single problem. I have nothing but praise for them. Although, I sometimes wonder if I'm not paying the 'gringo' price, as what I pay seems sort of expensive. A trash bag full of clothes normally costs me about 80 pesos.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:I've been using the one in Chapala on the corner of Zaragosa and Lopez Cotilla since I've been here. Never a single problem. I have nothing but praise for them. Although, I sometimes wonder if I'm not paying the 'gringo' price, as what I pay seems sort of expensive. A trash bag full of clothes normally costs me about 80 pesos.

Of course you're joking, I hope. What do you think that would cost in the states, maybe $ 40 US.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 pm

When our washer broke, I used the lavanderia behind El Torito - Cece's - a couple of times. Seemed fine to me. But I'm not very particular, etc. Good luck.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Put up a sign in a couple of the stores near the SAT plaza. State that you want someone who will come take your laundry wash it, dry it and touch up with an iron if need be. There are several women in that area who take in laundry and several more who just do ironing. I have lost track of the two I used to use but they are around. I paid $40 pesos a load for wash and dry and folded or hung on hangers I supplied. $200 a full basket of cottons for ironing. We have someone come in now for the ironing.

Maybe someone knows some of the women currently provided laundry services.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Wow, good idea Solajijic, I will look around for someone. Shouldn't be hard to find. Excellent idea.

Thanks, everyone, much obliged. . .as they say.

:)
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Let me see here. $P200 for a full load x 1 load/wk. Less than 6 months could see U owning a decent washer. Maybe a neighbour has a washer. U could share. U've got Ur soap, H20, and electric of course. Then there's Ur line drying, and the agony of folding, etc. Bit TOBish isn't this?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Hardly!

I will need laundry service about twice a month. Per Solajijic, 40 pesos per load, and there will be very little ironing needed if any. Cost 80 pesos per month. About half of what I'm paying now at the lavanderia and they're not doing a good job.
Not only that, I'm employing a neighborhood woman.

Win/Win, in my book.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hardly!

I will need laundry service about twice a month. Per Solajijic, 40 pesos per load, and there will be very little ironing needed if any. Cost 80 pesos per month. About half of what I'm paying now at the lavanderia and they're not doing a good job.
Not only that, I'm employing a neighborhood woman.

Win/Win, in my book.

40 pesos a load x 2 per week = 80 pesos x 4.333 weeks/month = 347. pesos/month divide by 12.5 = $ 27.73 per month that our renters get for free when they rent our casita. Good deal for them.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Well, Trailrunner, you'll just have to move into joec's casita and your laundry problems are over! free laundry, wow!

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum