INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story

+8
CheenaGringo
gringal
RoofBob
Trailrunner
brigitte
viajero
saege007
Ms.Thang
12 posters

Go down

Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story Empty Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 am

I am having a very difficult time buying this guys story but he sure is chatty about it...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Missionary-Kidnapped-in-Mexico-Freed-198716461.html

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story Empty Re: Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story

Post by saege007 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:47 am

Either the kidnappers were real amateurs (why did he still have his cell phone? did the captors call his wife from it and then give it back to him?) or something, because his story seems really off.

saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story Empty Re: Missionary kidnapped in Vallarta tells his story

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 pm

So the kidnappers take him to a hotel , let him preach and sing gospel songs for 3 hours? What? They forgot the tape? Then they leave him alone, untethered and with a cell phone...so he checks his email and sees his church has been prayng for him and he sends an email giving his location? An email? Seriously? This story is waaay off.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:So the kidnappers take him to a hotel , let him preach and sing gospel songs for 3 hours? What? They forgot the tape?
Jajaja!Praise the Lord and pass the hat.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:So the kidnappers take him to a hotel , let him preach and sing gospel songs for 3 hours? What? They forgot the tape? Then they leave him alone, untethered and with a cell phone...so he checks his email and sees his church has been prayng for him and he sends an email giving his location? An email? Seriously? This story is waaay off.

Exactly!

saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

No it is no way off, it is just the story of a successful conversion to be told over and over...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 pm

brigitte wrote:No it is no way off, it is just the story of a successful conversion to be told over and over...

Exactly right!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:59 pm

I thought it was interesting that he didn't want to discuss any details. Gee, I wonder why? scratch
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeah, he'll get a lot of mileage out of this story I'm sure.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:21 pm

To anyone who buys that story, I'd like to offer my oceanfront property in Arizona for consideration. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Sorry Gringal, had you been a bit quicker I wouldn't have wired my donation to his church!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Sorry Gringal, had you been a bit quicker I wouldn't have wired my donation to his church!

Lesson learned? Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:46 pm

gringal wrote:To anyone who buys that story, I'd like to offer my oceanfront property in Arizona for consideration. Rolling Eyes

He´s like a cartoon character in the videos, I am amazed that people are buying this, it´s completely absurd. I would bet there is not a single shred of evidence that any of this ever happened.
All this at the expence of PV´s tourist industry.

¨You mean God can even forgive some one like me?¨ Shocked

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 pm

During the ordeal, Bauer said he managed to convince one of his captors to pray with him.
“I said, 'As long as we have time to kill, you might as well hear the gospel,” Bauer recounted telling his captor, to the cheers of his congregation. “So I preached to the man for three hours.

At this point, who's the prisoner?

The whole story is shite.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm

A quote from one of the kidnappers " it was a terrible experience, i just wanted to get away from him! I just thought about my, wife, children, will i ever see them again, the pain, the noise was non stop, like brain washing i suppose.
He threatened me many times, to leave, but he didnt. I was truely scared this would go on forever..but fortunately after i paid the hostage a donation for his church he let me go. The security in mexico is a mess, they shouldnt allow these people to roam the streets, what have we mexicans done to deserve this? ? We dont need them here, i dont think he had a visa either, what with the new immigracion law and all, sooner they get back over the border the better."

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Ja! Ja! Ja! Ja!
A good one on the possible scenario....probably closer to the truth than the proselytizer's story.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 pm

hickton wrote:A quote from one of the kidnappers " it was a terrible experience, i just wanted to get away from him! I just thought about my, wife, children, will i ever see them again, the pain, the noise was non stop, like brain washing i suppose.
He threatened me many times, to leave, but he didnt. I was truely scared this would go on forever..but fortunately after i paid the hostage a donation for his church he let me go. The security in mexico is a mess, they shouldnt allow these people to roam the streets, what have we mexicans done to deserve this? ? We dont need them here, i dont think he had a visa either, what with the new immigracion law and all, sooner they get back over the border the better."

hahahaha
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Wahahaha...And he can´t get ¨Kumbaya¨out of his head...

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm

There is a PV forum and this topic is being discussed there...no one there is buying it either and it sounds like they are rounding up a posse.

Oops...link won't post...it is called PV scene forum

Anyhoo, someone went and asked the PV police and the federal police about this...they have never heard of kyle Bauer and know nothing about a kidnapping. They did get a good laugh about it though.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texmexco Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 pm

We got a good laugh out of this story, but it is also sorta SAD in a pathetic way.

Texmexco
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down