INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Can anyone access aaa.com?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by skurvish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 am

I am trying to access the triple-a site, aaa.com and it always times out. I am on Telmex DSL and wonder if anyone using Telecable or Lagunanet can try for me. I am trying to determine if it is Telmex blocking the site or aaa itself. I can access the site if I log into my machine back in Canada so I know the site itself is OK. Emailing aaa.com so far has yielded no response.

Thanks.

skurvish
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by casi nada on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 am

skurvish wrote:I am trying to access the triple-a site, aaa.com and it always times out. I am on Telmex DSL and wonder if anyone using Telecable or Lagunanet can try for me. I am trying to determine if it is Telmex blocking the site or aaa itself. I can access the site if I log into my machine back in Canada so I know the site itself is OK. Emailing aaa.com so far has yielded no response.

Thanks.

Looks like AAA is blocking foreign IP's. I can't get in when I use my regular (Mexican) IP address, but when I change my IP to a US address it works just fine.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by skurvish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 am

How did you change it to a US IP? Can you do that from here?

skurvish
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by Zedinmexico on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 am

casi nada wrote:
skurvish wrote:I am trying to access the triple-a site, aaa.com and it always times out. I am on Telmex DSL and wonder if anyone using Telecable or Lagunanet can try for me. I am trying to determine if it is Telmex blocking the site or aaa itself. I can access the site if I log into my machine back in Canada so I know the site itself is OK. Emailing aaa.com so far has yielded no response.

Thanks.

Looks like AAA is blocking foreign IP's. I can't get in when I use my regular (Mexican) IP address, but when I change my IP to a US address it works just fine.

Agreed it is not a DNS problem as I am not using Telmex DNS servers but one in the US so I think you nailed it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5262
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by casi nada on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:47 am

skurvish wrote:How did you change it to a US IP? Can you do that from here?

I use a program called ''Hide My Ass''.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by skurvish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 am

Ah! Thanks. I actually have a copy of that. I should give it a try.

skurvish
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by gatosigi on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 am

No response to www.aaa.com. Then I googled it and clicked on the google link & it came up immediately.

gatosigi
Senior member
Senior member

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-05-16
Location : Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by skurvish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 am

The google trick did not work for me.

skurvish
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by skurvish on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:29 am

HMA worked for me. The free version from their website did not, I needed to use the pro version.

Thanks for the suggestion.

skurvish
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by HelperGuy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 am

The aaa IP is 209.82.215.211. Try typing that right into your address bar.

Other than that, I have no problem getting there. I am using the basic TelMex servers with no changes and a regular ol' TelMex modem.

Try doing a factory reset of the modem. This entails pushing in a pen or pin into the little hole on the back of the modem for 20 seconds or so until the lights start flashing.

HelperGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1910
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by viajero on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 am

gatosigi wrote:No response to www.aaa.com. Then I googled it and clicked on the google link & it came up immediately.
I clicked on your link and it worked fine.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5755
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : San Pedro de los Saguaros
Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by CanuckBob on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

It didn't work for me.
avatar
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Posts : 13558
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 54
Location : Lake Chapala (from Vancouver)
Humor : Sick and twisted

http://Www.casadecomo.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone access aaa.com?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum