INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New traffic fines for Federal highways

+4
Chapala Payaso
Talosian
Intercasa
DonPito
8 posters

Go down

New traffic fines for Federal highways Empty New traffic fines for Federal highways

Post by DonPito Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am

Rather than add to a thread that drifted, I'll start a new one about the new traffic fines for Federal carreteras and bridges that were published on 22 Nov 2012 and came into effect on 21 Jan 2013. You can read the new regulations here, under Reglamento de Transito en Carreteras y Puentes de Jurisdiccion Federal de 22 de Noviembre del 2012:

http://www.dof.gob.mx/ley-reg.php

Highlights: All fines are based on the minimum daily wage, which for 2013 are 64.76 pesos for Zone A and 61.38 pesos for Zone B.

Article 93 - Drunk or Drug impaired driving: 100 to 200 cuotas plus the car is impounded. (fine is from 6,138 pesos to 12,952 pesos)

Article 84 - Seatbelt violation: the fine is 15 to 20 cuotas (fine is from 920.70 pesos to 1295.20 pesos)

Article 134 - Fixed speed limits on federal highways (carreteras) in the absence of speed limit signs:
Carretera Urbana, for cars: Daytime 50 km/hr and Nighttime 50 km/hr
Carretera outside urban areas: Daytime 100 km/hr and Nighttime 90 km/hr

Article 136 - Speeding fines:
Between 1 and 20 km/hr in excess of speed limit: fine is 50 to 60 cuotas ( 3,069 pesos to 3,885.60 pesos)
Speeding in excess of 20 km/hr over the limit: fine is 60 to 70 cuotas (from 3,682.80 pesos to 4,533.20 pesos)

The driver or the owner of the vehicle has 30 days to pay the fines. Drive safe.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New traffic fines for Federal highways Empty Re: New traffic fines for Federal highways

Post by Intercasa Sun May 05, 2013 3:35 am

Yes fines went up but if you waive your rights and cop to the charge they get cut, still high though
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

New traffic fines for Federal highways Empty Re: New traffic fines for Federal highways

Post by Talosian Sun May 05, 2013 12:06 pm

As I read the OP, and just to be clear, the fines are for driving on Federal Roads and bridged.

If I'm in Chapala, Ajijic or anywhere thereabouts, it's local and the fine is local? Yes?

Of course, the cop that pulls people over will say (and probably show) the Federal fines and want more.

IMO
Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 05, 2013 12:09 pm

I believe they are on highways of the jurisdiction of the Federal police and there are special tickets, local transitos don't have them, usually you will see a sign on the highway saying TRAMO SCT which means it is federal.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Payaso Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Any examples of these roads?

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun May 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Chapala Payaso wrote:Any examples of these roads?

Just about all highways outside of cities and towns.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun May 05, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm curious about the new compulsory insurance law - what is the law now? Don't the toll roads provide some sort of insurance in their fee? This is why you hang on to your receipts until after a safe trip.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Yes toll roads cover you but who covers you on the way to the toll road or in between toll roads or after exiting?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Having never read anything "official" about the insurance provided on the cuotas, I have been living under the impression that the coverage is for damage to your vehicle. Probably because stories that I have read about collecting have been about a poster's personal vehicle damage and never caused by another vehicle?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by natbug Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am

So, does anyone know if the bypass around SL Potosi is federal or local? I ask because I find I will have to travel it again-twice-in the next month or so and would like to know what's going on as clearly as possible if I get stopped again.

natbug
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down