INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapala airport?

+8
David
ComputerGuy
CheenaGringo
oncesubtle
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
DuckieHoomever
tictoc
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chapala airport? Empty Chapala airport?

Post by tictoc Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes, Chapala, not Guadalajara. I'm looking for information on the grass strip east of Chapala. Anyone have any info on it? Contact info etc.? Any pilots on here?

Thanks

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Chapala airport? Empty Re: Chapala airport?

Post by DuckieHoomever Mon May 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Your message got me curious, so I turned to the google machine. Try this: http://www.chapalaclub.com/2008/10/lake-chapala-ajijic-international-airport/

DuckieHoomever
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

DuckieHoomever,
Thanks, I have read that. Actuly, I have read just about anything you can find on the internet about it. However, I can not find any contact information on it. I'm looking to get information that can't be gotten from the internet (local info). Anyone???

Thanks

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am

"Actuly, I have read just about anything you can find on the internet about it. However, I can not find any contact information on it. I'm looking to get information that can't be gotten from the internet (local info). Anyone???" -- tictoc

For future reference: It would have been helpful if you had said that in your OP. You said you were looking for "any" info on the strip and included contact info as ONE of the things you were looking for. Then, after people look up info for you, you say, "Oh I know all that." Annoying.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Actuly, I have read just about anything you can find on the internet about it. However, I can not find any contact information on it. I'm looking to get information that can't be gotten from the internet (local info). Anyone???" -- tictoc

For future reference: It would have been helpful if you had said that in your OP. You said you were looking for "any" info on the strip and included contact info as ONE of the things you were looking for. Then, after people look up info for you, you say, "Oh I know all that." Annoying.
I guess it's just about as annoying as your post... and use of quotes. To clarify, I clarified "any" with "contact". Yes it probably would have been better if I had said "Anyone have any info on it, contact info etc.?" or "local" but I thought the people around here would be smart enough to figure it out. At least they act like it... Anyways, it's not like I jumped on him. I thanked him and clarified my self.

Thanks for your help.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Oh and I am still looking for "any" information on this. I don't have the time to list EVERYTHING I have read. It is possible that someone has information that I don't...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Oh and to clarify further, I did not ask anyone to "look up information", I asked if they "have" any information. I hope I am being clear enough for everyone...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

I know a guy that may have contacted the people at this airport before as he has a private plane he wanted to bring down. I'll see what I can find out.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 2:09 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I know a guy that may have contacted the people at this airport before as he has a private plane he wanted to bring down. I'll see what I can find out.
Muchas Gracias

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Several years ago I tried to find contact information and couldn't. So I went there on a Saturday about 11:00 a.m. and found some helpful folks to answer my questions. It will help if you speak Spanish.

oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm

oncesubtle wrote:Several years ago I tried to find contact information and couldn't. So I went there on a Saturday about 11:00 a.m. and found some helpful folks to answer my questions. It will help if you speak Spanish.

thanks. Do you fly?
I think I might have found the info I am looking for. http://www.aeroclubchapala.com/ Looks like it isn't a dirt strip any more. With this info, I think I have been able to find an E-mail and contact info.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Perfect. What I remember from my amigo is something about being Mexican in order to join this club and use those facilities similar to the Chapala Yacht Club.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Perfect. What I remember from my amigo is something about being Mexican in order to join this club and use those facilities similar to the Chapala Yacht Club.
Wow, got to love discrimination... And I thought it was only the French that hated us. I wonder if it is still the same way.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Discrimination is alive and well around these parts. I believe the Guadalajara Country Club has similar rules too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I guess I need to figure out who to make friends with... Very Happy

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 14, 2013 3:36 pm

tictoc wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:Several years ago I tried to find contact information and couldn't. So I went there on a Saturday about 11:00 a.m. and found some helpful folks to answer my questions. It will help if you speak Spanish.

thanks. Do you fly?
I think I might have found the info I am looking for. http://www.aeroclubchapala.com/ Looks like it isn't a dirt strip any more. With this info, I think I have been able to find an E-mail and contact info.
I haven't flown since the last swarm but to answer your question, no, I don't fly. I went there hoping to get a ride on an ultralight but that wasn't happening for love or money. Something about too many crashes, insurance and all those pesky investigations.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

oncesubtle wrote:I haven't flown since the last swarm but to answer your question, no, I don't fly.
lol gotcha Thumbs up Thanks

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Perfect. What I remember from my amigo is something about being Mexican in order to join this club and use those facilities similar to the Chapala Yacht Club.

If you think about it, could you still talk with your friend and get some information? It sounds like I might need as many "in's" as I can get.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 14, 2013 3:47 pm

tictoc:

Having lived in and traveled to countries which were former colonies of the British Empire or Commonwealth, it wasn't unusual to see establishments limited to Europeans, Candians or Americans (can you basically interpret whites only?). After all, it is Mexico and they get to make the rules.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue May 14, 2013 3:57 pm

tictoc wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Actuly, I have read just about anything you can find on the internet about it. However, I can not find any contact information on it. I'm looking to get information that can't be gotten from the internet (local info). Anyone???" -- tictoc

I guess it's just about as annoying as your post... and use of quotes. To clarify, I clarified "any" with "contact". Yes it probably would have been better if I had said "Anyone have any info on it, contact info etc.?" or "local" but I thought the people around here would be smart enough to figure it out. At least they act like it... Anyways, it's not like I jumped on him. I thanked him and clarified my self.

Thanks for your help.
Haha, welcome to outside the Tech Talk section...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 pm

[quote="tictoc... And I thought it was only the French that hated us. I wonder if it is still the same way.[/quote]
If you think the French hate Americans you're terribly confused.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
tictoc wrote:

Thanks for your help.
Haha, welcome to outside the Tech Talk section...
lol Beer

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 pm

stop thinking you yanquis are so important. alla us ferners are persona non grata when it comes to certain mexican clubs.
as to the french,why wouldn't they, changing the name from french fries to freedom fries. how dumb can a nation get-SNORK! not the french
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Pedro wrote:stop thinking you yanquis are so important. alla us ferners are persona non grata when it comes to certain mexican clubs.
I for one don't think I am smarter, better, or more important than anyone. I also don't feel anyone is more important than me... You see in my world we are equal. Until you prove you're not

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 14, 2013 7:52 pm

David wrote:[quote="tictoc... And I thought it was only the French that hated us. I wonder if it is still the same way.
If you think the French hate Americans you're terribly confused.[/quote]

It's the Belgians that hate the French for stealing their fries. Very Happy
Seriously, it was the Mexicans that established the fact that one Frenchman is worth two Belgians. How many know that little slice of history that created that inappropriate value of human beings?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next