INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB?

5 posters

Go down

How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB? Empty How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB?

Post by Jim W Sat May 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Has anyone gone thru the process NOB, Portland, Oregon? From start to finish, anyone done it? How much time do you have to get to Mexico and register documents? Is their a time limit from issue date in US to getting with Spencer and starting that process? I think 30 days upon arrival in MX?

TIA, Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB? Empty Re: How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB?

Post by Intercasa Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Oregon is a mess, have had a few complaints about consulate there.

Once you get visa from consulate you have 6 months to enter Mexico, make sure you get FMM upon entry showing your visa stamp in passport to show that you entered Mexico within the 6 month limit

Also you need to file for the new card within 30 days of entry into Mexico.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB? Empty Re: How Long is it Taking to Get Papers thru Mexican Consolute NOB?

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Jim:

I would think that Arizona with five consulates (Phoenix, Tucson, Nogales, Douglas & Yuma) would be more efficient in processing paperwork?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Thanks Spencer, I forwarded and Chas and buddy will call......Hopefully Oregon Mexican consulate can provide within 90 days????

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 18, 2013 7:46 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

I would think that Arizona with five consulates (Phoenix, Tucson, Nogales, Douglas & Yuma) would be more efficient in processing paperwork?

Thanks Neil, but they live in Oregon....unless they can do it by mail?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 18, 2013 7:56 pm

That makes sense!

Good chance they won't enjoy Mexico as it doesn't rain enough?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat May 18, 2013 8:18 pm

"Good chance they won't enjoy Mexico as it doesn't rain enough?" CG

Depends where in Oregon they live. Central Oregon is east of the Cascades and is considered high desert. Bend is at 5,000 feet. Winter is cold with lots of snow but still very sunny. Annual rainfall is less than here I would guess. Also, if they live west of the Casades, they may be sick and tired of rain!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat May 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Lady Otter Latte:

Thank you for the geography and climatology lesson for the State of Oregon! As long time residents of Lincoln City (on the coast), the rain was one of the motivating factors behind having a home built near Lake Chapala. Once we moved to NM, sanity set in and the mold between the ears disappeared and we learned it wasn't necessary to move SOB to enjoy somewhat perfect weather. Now we make an annual trip to Mexico during the rainy season and quite enjoy ourselves!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"Good chance they won't enjoy Mexico as it doesn't rain enough?" CG

Depends where in Oregon they live. Central Oregon is east of the Cascades and is considered high desert. Bend is at 5,000 feet. Winter is cold with lots of snow but still very sunny. Annual rainfall is less than here I would guess. Also, if they live west of the Casades, they may be sick and tired of rain!
Bend is at 3,700 ft. elevation, not 5,000. JimW, Chinagringo, Zed, and me are all Oregonians. Total rainfall here at Lakeside is only a little less than Portland and the Willamette Valley. They get theirs in 8 months, we get it here in 4. So, it rains often there but not a lot of rainfall. I actually wish our rainy season here was 6 months instead of 4. My webfoots dry out about March.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Most consulates are doing them in 1 to 3 days, never heard of longer than that.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 19, 2013 9:30 am

Spencer, Vehicle Import Permits can still be ordered on line?

TIA....Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 am

Yes, we do one or two a week and from the day we order them they are arriving 3 to 4 days later at the US address.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down