INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala

4 posters

Go down

Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala Empty Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala

Post by vecinadellago Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:38 pm

I've been working for a few months with a sweet young woman with a disability in Chapala, providing her with some basics for mobility and communication and just getting to know her.  Now she needs financial support to participate in equine therapy every Saturday (500 pesos monthly, plus transportation or money to get there and back).  She'll also need transportation, or money to buy it, in the fall to attend school every afternoon.  I'm looking for someone who would like to practice a little Spanish and contribute financially to her activities, so she can continue to grow to reach her potential - and she's definitely got some!   Please reply to this if interested.  Thanks!

vecinadellago

Back to top Go down

Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala Empty Re: Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala

Post by Gamina Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Tell me more about her disability and how she is affected, her age and what she does for school now.

TIA
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala Empty Re: Seeking a patron for a young lady in Chapala

Post by vecinadellago Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

She has cerebral palsy that affects her mobility and speech - she can walk slowly with special shoes and a walker.  She's learning to use a communication board since her speech is hard to understand, but she can understand a great deal.  She appears to have mild intellectual impairment.  She's 23 and has not been able to attend the Escuela Azul for the past year due to lack of transportation.  She makes necklaces and bracelets to sell, and helps at home with dishwashing and folding laundry.

vecinadellago

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 am

I support a young person down here and help them go to high school and hopefully to some
kind of training. My whole family is involved with the family. I suggest trying something like
this if it is within your budget and heart.  Groups of folks can help keep the costs down. The
kindness and warm feelings will be returned to you I assure.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:28 pm

vecinadellago wrote:She has cerebral palsy that affects her mobility and speech - she can walk slowly with special shoes and a walker.  She's learning to use a communication board since her speech is hard to understand, but she can understand a great deal.  She appears to have mild intellectual impairment.  She's 23 and has not been able to attend the Escuela Azul for the past year due to lack of transportation.  She makes necklaces and bracelets to sell, and helps at home with dishwashing and folding laundry.
Has anyone referred her to Ninos Incapacitados?
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by vecinadellago Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for your ideas. We'll see if we can build a "family" down here to help here. She was formerly a client of Ninos but is too old now.

vecinadellago

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down