INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur

2 posters

Go down

Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur   Empty Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:50 pm

From the Guadalajara Reporter website:

A lakeside couple who had barely started the long haul back to the United States in a van loaded with their belongings say they were robbed last weekend by armed men in dark uniforms, who either were, or pretended to be, Jalisco state police officers.

Scarcely an hour out of Ajijic, the married couple, aged 72 and 68, who wish to remain anonymous, took the recently opened bypass (referred to as the Periferico Sur) that links the Chapala-Guadalajara highway with Zapotlanejo and the toll road leading to Lagos de Moreno, San Luis Potosi and the border.

Five miles along this westbound highway and just after passing the brow of a hill, the couple’s Ford EF150 was flagged down by a convoy consisting of at least five black pick -ups, and 20 to 25 armed men kitted out in dark police-style uniforms.

6-29-13-2a.jpg
THE LOCATION OF THE INCIDENT.

“The vehicles had the words Policia Estatal written on them, with Guadalajara underneath,” “Jerry” told the Reporter this week. “Each of the men had a nine-millimeter gun and around eight of them were carrying semi-automatics.”

Jerry said his vehicle was immediately surrounded by six of the officers, one of whom tried to open the driver’s door.

“When I finally got out, they patted me down and took my wallet out of my pocket.”

Jerry said the wallet only contained his driver’s license and temporary resident’s permit, since he had hidden all his cash and cards.

“He gave me back the wallet and license but kept the immigration permit.

“They also found in my pocket a money clip with 20 pesos that had a knife blade and fingernail file attached to it. They kept the money and gave me back the clip.” As Jerry was being distracted by questions about his vehicle and where they were heading, another officer rattled the passenger door, where his wife was sitting along with the couple’s two dogs.

At first his wife refused to open the door but eventually rolled down the window.

Said Jerry: “He then leaned in and took her pocketbook out of purse. It contained about 800 pesos, which is about what we reckoned we would we need for gas and tolls. Fortunately she had hidden her debit card in her bra.

“They took the money and gave the wallet back to her.”
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur   Empty Re: Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 pm

He took out the $20.00 ? Now that's just tacky.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur   Empty Re: Guad Reporter: Couple robbed on Periferico Sur

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 pm

"He took out the $20.00 ? Now that's just tacky." Ms. Thang

Right! I thought so too.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down