INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adios Parquimetros?

3 posters

Go down

Adios Parquimetros? Empty Adios Parquimetros?

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 pm

I know many of you find this topic tiresome but it is still a very hot subject in Chapala and a few are interested so here is the link:

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/noticias/item/177-lista-la-demanda-contra-los-parqu%C3%ADmetros.html

So the municipality of Chapala has prepared a demanda against the Parquimeter company to nullify the contract and it will be filed next week.

Evidently, Chapala has recieved a grand total of $ 0.00 from this company which has already raked in five million pesos in fees and fines . The company has no arrangement with la Secretaria d Fianzas (taxes) .

Prez. Huerta says that the company squirmed a little and offered to reduce the hours of operation but no deal , he suggests they take the $ 5, ooo,ooo that they have collected and remove their machines and that's that.

He also said that the company offered " 50% of the penalty indicated in the contract" amounting to some 22 million pesos but that offer was rejected.

I don't really understand that last part, I guess it means they offered to up Chapalas cut from 10 % to 50% of the fees ? That is not very clear to me.

Chapala had parking meters installed years ago ( late "70's ?), sued to terminate the contract and won. It will be interesting to see, this has been a passionate debate and this company is yanking Chapala's chain.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Adios Parquimetros? Empty Re: Adios Parquimetros?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 pm

This is a hot topic of interest to a lot of people. Thank you for posting the update.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 am

"He also said that the company offered " 50% of the penalty indicated in the contract" amounting to some 22 million pesos but that offer was rejected.

I don't really understand that last part, I guess it means they offered to up Chapalas cut from 10 % to 50% of the fees ? That is not very clear to me."

There was/is a 44 million peso breach of contract clause in the contract for early cancellation. They (the parking meter company) offered to reduce that to 22 million to cancel the contract. Nothing to do with fees. I did not know that Chapala had not received their cut. The parking meter company has cut their own throat. You have to pay your partner or else. Chapala is paying for the collection of fees including wages and uniforms for the guy(s) who run around issuing tickets. Not much profit there.

Without the parking fees Chapala will return to the old situation where business owners and employees will park outside their businesses all day and potential customers will have to search for somewhere to park. I haven't found the current fees onerous, it has been easy to find a place to park and the payment ticket is good for anywhere in the controlled area. You can move anywhere and park once you have paid for a ticket for a period of time. I usually buy a ticket for an hour then move where I want to shop and not pay again until the time runs out. You really have to make any system work for you.

The City has to do something to make it more convenient for customers to park close to where they want to shop. Maybe business owners should pay a hefty fee to park all day, all week, all year in front of their business. Maybe 1 hour parking free and then a fee. I know, administration would be a bitch.

Adios Parquimetros? 477249
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 am

deleted
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down