INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I like living here so much

+11
joyfull
Pedro
LaChula
Lady Otter Latté
Explorador
Zedinmexico
papa chango
MyHomeSweetHome
kipissippi
hockables
juanrey
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why I like living here so much - Page 2 Empty Re: Why I like living here so much

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:51 pm

joyfull wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I love the band but sometimes I think we are holding him back. He is good enough he probably should be in a bigger city to go forward with his music skills. Yes he can learn on his own and local musicians but he does have the potential to be more.

Z
i spoke to him once telling him I thought he could be in the Guadalajara Philharmonic (or whatever it is called) and he said they don't get paid very much and he makes more $$$ in Lakeside.

Thank you

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why I like living here so much - Page 2 Empty Re: Why I like living here so much

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:37 pm

joyfull wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I love the band but sometimes I think we are holding him back. He is good enough he probably should be in a bigger city to go forward with his music skills. Yes he can learn on his own and local musicians but he does have the potential to be more.

Z
i spoke to him once telling him I thought he could be in the Guadalajara Philharmonic (or whatever it is called) and he said they don't get paid very much and he makes more $$$ in Lakeside.

First I'll say this violinist doesn't need to develop more skills, he's mastered it.  

I can say that I've traveled and recorded with some of the most amazing naturally talented Mexican musicians.  You'd think they would like to stay together and really go somewhere together...nope.  We couldn't keep the bass player, he was replaced by a guy that mastered 4 instruments.  Then we added another producer musical arranger keyboardist, his strengths are different from my other keyboardist/producer/musical arranger.  One day we're mixing a CD and a knock at the door at our home in Guadalajara and this voice of pure gold comes in, 16 years old at the time, never seen him before.  He wanted to sing with me...we did a little traveling and recording, are you kidding, it was an honor to sing with him.  Now he out grew lamujerde**** and I get tickled when I see where he's going.  If you thought Michael Buble sang well, which I do enjoy his music but Ruben could sing him under the table.  In the video I'll post, it's a shame cause the instrumentalists are not at the same level as Ruben during the live performance, are playing off key and the mix, typically in Mexico isn't done well. Mexicans always put the music out front of the voices but it's still a great performance.  Too bad I don't drive at night, or I'd go to some of his shows.  At least I can watch via video.  If anyone remembers when I used to sing in my brown shirt, bless his heart, Ruben sang in the San Juan Cosala fund raiser with me after the mud slide...look where is now baby! haha

Out of my original band, I've still got the keyboardist that tears it up, I'm semi retired but he's raised up a sweet local youth band, we played in the malecon during Semana Pascua, their first pubic appearance and he presently has 14 alumnos right now. Kids that played nothing to start with :)   But those truly gifted, those original band members, they're musicians and like so many of them, they tend to float around in the city to whatever is exciting at the moment.  They aren't paid much.  My original electric guitarist plays with 4-5 different bands now. Was chatting with me while on tour to Veracruz last weekend.   So yes, I can see how this young violinist would enjoy the freedom of playing with his father and the rest of his friends.  If they aren't having fun, they'll move on.   I can tell you first hand, there isn't a lot of money in playing music.  It's an enjoyment, a love, a passion.   Ruben sang opening night of the Pan Americana Games in the Omnilife Stadium, I'm sure it wasn't a paid performance.  I was so proud of him!  

This is video, starring Ruben, is a production from last year Guys and Dolls.  

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 pm

I haven't been fortunate enough to run into them anywhere, but would love to have the pleasure! Any clues about places they tend to frequent (other than Delicias)?? Great video and performance... thanks for sharing!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:08 pm

They used to perform every Tuesday at Tony´s from 6 to 8. I haven´t been over there in a while, so I can not say if they still do. Maybe someone else knows? I have also seen them at El Jardin but do not know if that is a regular stop.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 am

I absolutely love these guys!

For a while they were also regulars at Ole!Ola!, the tapa bar on the corner of 16 de Septiembre and Donato Guerro. It's only open Fri-Sat-Sun. Don't know for sure which nights they played or if they're still playing.

Also they have shown up at some special events.

Some of the same musicians play in other combinations. Dad with guitar, the drummer who I suspect is another son but this time on flute, and another guy on percussion have played as a wandering troupe that I've seen more than once.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:24 pm

I highly doubt that a very accomplished musician at Lakeside...who actually lives there and probably knows everyone... hasn't already checked out the music situation in Guad.

One way of getting him "out there" would be to put that video on youtube...if it isn't already. Lots of people have been discovered that way...Justin Beeber for one. Hopefully he (Justin) will survive his fame.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Not sure if I got the link right. Here is another YouTube of Victor the violinist.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 pm

none of you peoples that think he and his band oughta change and become bigger ever here the story/parable about the happy mexican fisherman who a gringo advised on the proper way he "should" do business ta make "real" money?
this guy ain't stupid,ya know. just because he likes what he does and where he does it. whose the fools?-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Bender Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Pedro wrote:none of you peoples that think he and his band oughta change and become bigger ever here the story/parable about the happy mexican fisherman who a gringo advised on the proper way he "should" do business ta make "real" money?
this guy ain't stupid,ya know. just because he likes what he does and where he does it. whose the fools?-SNORK!

Heard the parable a million times.  Never heard it told by a Mexican fisherman though and I know a whole bunch of them.

Bob Bender
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:23 pm

Bob Bender wrote:
Pedro wrote:none of you peoples that think he and his band oughta change and become bigger ever here the story/parable about the happy mexican fisherman who a gringo advised on the proper way he "should" do business ta make "real" money?

Heard the parable a million times.  Never heard it told by a Mexican fisherman though and I know a whole bunch of them.
never said it was told by a mexican
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:28 pm

oops right over the head it went..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Bender Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 pm

brigitte wrote:oops right over the head it went..

It sure did, didn't it?

Bob Bender
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:41 pm

I 've seen them at Gossips.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanks JuanRey and Joyful... I'm adding these to my Facebook page to I can share with family NOB and make them jealous.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Why I like living here so much - Page 2 Empty Victor the Violinist

Post by joyfull Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 pm

hkrause wrote:I haven't been fortunate enough to run into them anywhere, but would love to have the pleasure! Any clues about places they tend to frequent (other than Delicias)?? Great video and performance... thanks for sharing!

Heather
Ad in the GR said he is playing at La Uta this Tuesday at 7pm.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2