INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area

+5
CHILLIN
espíritu del lago
Pedro
Jim W
Pescador
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Empty Fishing Puerto Vallarta area

Post by Pescador Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 pm

First day of fishing today, caught this one small Dorado, about 10 yellowtail snappers, a couple of triggerfish that I have never caught before. Caught 5 or 6 Big needlefish. I kept the Dorado and 1 snapper and gave the rest to the Captain and his mate. No Roosters to be seen and they tell me this is not the best time?? This was confusing to me, as when I fished from the beach this was the best time of year for the Big Roosters? 70 years old and still learning, dang , just when I thought I had it all figured out ! lol! 

Don't know if there will be any interests in my updates?? No problem if not, I will quit reporting. Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 87465 

Saludos,
Pescador

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5510

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Empty Re: Fishing Puerto Vallarta area

Post by Jim W Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Now I am pissed Marv, LOL, told you I want to go Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 851398 Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 851398 Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 851398 Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 851398  Looks like you rented guide and boat! How much and where? Fishing surf from boat requires what length rod and gear. Keep us informed.....PULEEEEEZE!

BTW, what is cost for boat, guide, how much time? 4 hours?

Thanks, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 pm

ya better keep reporting complete with pics!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:33 pm

absolutely keep us informed!  These are the best posts on the forum!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:13 pm

OK, so this is my second time out fishing, weather is HOT & HUMID, fish biting a bit better today. I released the Beautiful Rooster Fish!! Hope you enjoy.  Stay Tuned!!
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5610
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5611
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5612
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5613
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5614
Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5615

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Here is section of a bulletin boards which discusses fishing in Puerto Vallarta, including trip reports.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/mainland-mexico-fishing-reports-discussion/

There was a Spanish language surf casting club but they don't seem to be active as a club anymore.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:10 pm

This Tuna was 300+ pounds and was caught a week ago. Fisherman is a friend of a friend.

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Captai10

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 pm

BEAUTY Beer 
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:35 pm

holy smokes!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Questions from JW,

Fishing surf from boat requires what length rod and gear. Keep us informed.....PULEEEEEZE!

Hey JW,

Took me awhile, but tried to get as much info for you as I could.

As far as what size rod and reels, really depends on what kind of fish you are going after. Good thing is, that these most of these Captains have ALL of the equipment needed. Anything from light spinning rods to heavy, heavy duty rods and reels for Tuna and Billfish. Rods like I use for Surf Fishing, are NOT good for use from a boat as they are wayyy too long!! They use a lot of 6- maybe 7 foot rods.

Cost for a boat is also determined on what you as a client would like. You can rent a small Panga for 200 US for 5 hours up to over 1,000US or more for these much bigger faster boats and long 100 mile 2-3 day trips.

The two times I have fished, I took a 28 foot Super Panga which is really great. It has 2 -- 115 HP motors, Sonar, Radio. Have to remember gets you to your fishing spot a lot faster than a single engine 50hp right??  There is some beer, sodas and water included. Bring your own lunch or whatever. This boat is really great, as you can walk all around and no seats to crawl over and lots of room to fight a fish. This is a great setup for 2 fishermen, I think 4 would be pushing it, as there is also a Captain and his mate. Cost for 5 hours--- $400 us.

Yep! I know this is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I have gone the cheaper route before, only to get a boat ride. NOT this time! Gas is super expensive and these high HP engines like the gas. Rods, Reels and line, are top of the line. Some of these Tuna lures cost in excess 50 us and sometimes more, so they are not going to skimp on their equipment. Not to forget a Captain and Mate who knows what they are doing. Of course you need to have some good references, need to do your homework. That being said, I am really very Happy with the Captain and Mate I have. If all goes well, then I will recommend ( OR NOT), later.

Jim W, Hope this answers some of your questions. Surte 

Regards,
Pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:55 am

Pescador wrote:Questions from JW,

Fishing surf from boat requires what length rod and gear. Keep us informed.....PULEEEEEZE!

Hey JW,

As far as what size rod and reels, really depends on what kind of fish you are going after. Good thing is, that these most of these Captains have ALL of the equipment needed. Anything from light spinning rods to heavy, heavy duty rods and reels for Tuna and Billfish. Rods like I use for Surf Fishing, are NOT good for use from a boat as they are wayyy too long!! They use a lot of 6- maybe 7 foot rods.

Cost for a boat is also determined on what you as a client would like. You can rent a small Panga for 200 US for 5 hours up to over 1,000US or more for these much bigger faster boats and long 100 mile 2-3 day trips.

The two times I have fished, I took a 28 foot Super Panga which is really great. It has 2 -- 115 HP motors, Sonar, Radio. Have to remember gets you to your fishing spot a lot faster than a single engine 50hp right??  There is some beer, sodas and water included. Bring your own lunch or whatever. This boat is really great, as you can walk all around and no seats to crawl over and lots of room to fight a fish. This is a great setup for 2 fishermen, I think 4 would be pushing it, as there is also a Captain and his mate. Cost for 5 hours--- $400 us.

Yep! I know this is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I have gone the cheaper route before, only to get a boat ride. NOT this time! Gas is super expensive and these high HP engines like the gas. Rods, Reels and line, are top of the line. Some of these Tuna lures cost in excess 50 us and sometimes more, so they are not going to skimp on their equipment. Not to forget a Captain and Mate who knows what they are doing. Of course you need to have some good references, need to do your homework. That being said, I am really very Happy with the Captain and Mate I have. If all goes well, then I will recommend ( OR NOT), later.

Regards,
Pescador

Thanks Marv. How many can comfortably fish out of the 28 footer? I assume 2 works best! How much is a normal tip for skipper and mate? The 5 hour rental for $500.00 is for the boat and not per person?

Please provide the name and location of the skipper with cell # also. Appreciate it, talk soon and good fishing,

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 am

Hey Jimw,

Yep, we have computer connection problems here too! LOL

How many can comfortably fish out of the 28 footer? I assume 2 works best! For me, I would only want to fish 2 people. How much is a normal tip for skipper and mate? I think 10% would be appropriate. The 5 hour rental for $500.00 is for the boat and not per person? Actually it was $400 US and that is for the boat.

Please provide the name and location of the skipper with cell # also. Appreciate it, talk soon and good fishing,

Jim, later I will give you some names of charter Captains who come highly recommended in the PV area. They have different boat sizes, prices and many options. This way if you need a boat that will fish more than 2 people you can choose. Price also depends on how far you want to go and what fish species you are targeting.

Probably won't report here, not enough interest. If need please PM me.

GONE FISHIN!! Thumbs up 

Pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:02 am

flag waver  HEY, HEY.... I'm INTERESTED!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:58 am

Pescador wrote:Hey Jimw,

Yep, we have computer connection problems here too! LOL

How many can comfortably fish out of the 28 footer? I assume 2 works best! For me, I would only want to fish 2 people. How much is a normal tip for skipper and mate? I think 10% would be appropriate. The 5 hour rental for $500.00 is for the boat and not per person? Actually it was $400 US and that is for the boat.

Jim, later I will give you some names of charter Captains who come highly recommended in the PV area. They have different boat sizes, prices and many options. This way if you need a boat that will fish more than 2 people you can choose. Price also depends on how far you want to go and what fish species you are targeting.

Probably won't report here, not enough interest. If need please PM me.

GONE FISHIN!! Thumbs up 

Pescador

Thank You for posting, and please continue to do so Marv, aka Pescador!   Sounds like great fun and a bargain, given that rods n tackle is included.  

I will return around the 12th of August, and am up for a trip!  Anyone interested PLEASE POST or PM.Thumbs up

Jim W......aka Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:03 pm

hockables wrote:flag waver   HEY, HEY.... I'm INTERESTED!!
me too!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:33 am

Me three!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm

As I told Jim W - had this fisherman caught this tuna off the coast of Japan, he would already be retired from the proceeds of seling the tuna for sushi!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Pescador wrote:Questions from JW,

Hey JW,

Regards,
Pescador

OK who wants to join sunfan and I for a productive kick yer butt fishing trip? Mid August.....pm or post, for details!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5611Pescadores had another "KICK ASS" day of fishing and I am so "ENVIOUS"   We are still looking for another to join Pescador, Sunfan and Jim W.Beer Beer Beer Beer Today Marv caught 8 Dorado, a 40 pound rooster fish.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Marv/Pescador........a fishing day to die for......sadly fishing alone.....LOL....
most surf fishers prefer this......5 hours fishing, 11 fish landed....totally kick ass fun!  Unfortunately no photo of trigger fish but here is another Dorado boated yesterday!

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Empty Not the BIGGEST or the BEST, just5 having FUN!!

Post by Pescador Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:09 am

Its been awhile, fishing has been slow the last few days. Lots of wind and rain has made the inshore water pretty dirty, not good fishing for Dorados and Roosters when this happens. The guys that6 go offshore for the tuna are still waiting for them to show up. What a difference a year makes, last year they were killing the Tuna in the months of July and August right through early winter months.

Here's a few of my other photo's.

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5613

Not all have to be big to be beautiful.

Still looking for my 50 #er getting close.

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5617

This is just a baby ( Cubera Snapper) fishermen get these 60-80 pounds or more offshore. Gave this one and the Sierra to Captain. Of course ALL Roosterfish are released!!

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5616

Yeah, I know I look weird the way I have ahold of this fish. Let me tell ya their teeth are like a SAW! We had at least 5 or 6 of these on and lost all but this one. Sierra mackerel suppose to be excellent eating.

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_5615

HEY! You can't go fishin everyday, sometimes you just have to " ENJOY THE VIEW" razberry mariachi Fishing Puerto Vallarta area 87465 

Fishing Puerto Vallarta area Img_1910

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 am

excellent fish-excellent view!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:57 pm

To CB, Sunfan, Just got a em from Pescador........his last trip out he caught 22 Dorados and a couple small shark in one day.....Beer Beer Beer 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

I gotta meet Marv. He sounds like a real pro.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 am

Hey SunFan,

Would like to meet you too, sent you a pm.

As far as being a pro, HA! far from it, just a guy who has a Passion for fishing and enjoying retirement. Thumbs up 

Regards,
Pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next