INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has any one had a 'do not resuscitate order' (DNR) prepared based on Jalisco state law?

+2
espíritu del lago
Sherman
6 posters

Go down

Has any one had a 'do not resuscitate order'  (DNR) prepared based on Jalisco state law? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has any one had a 'do not resuscitate order' (DNR) prepared based on Jalisco state law?

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

Intercasa wrote:She is attorney for the administrator of a large commercial complex in Guadalajara doing more corporate law although she still finds time to help review my work.  
Intercasa is a lucky guy!!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Has any one had a 'do not resuscitate order'  (DNR) prepared based on Jalisco state law? - Page 2 Empty Getting a DNR, or other estate planning documents from outside of MX

Post by Sherman Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 am

Getting a DNR from NOB ..... that can be used here .... recognized and legally valid!  Yes, it's possible.

This is actually is fairly easy.

If you are from the US, a long-time legal reference for help is Nolo Press, which has lots of publications, lots of self-education material, attorneys to contact, etc.

The website is www.nolo.com

If you are Canadian, you can accomplish the same thing, but you have to go through your consulate and will have to ask about the process.  Canada was not a signer to the Hague Agreement which is why the process is different.

If you want a DNR, or the equivalent, just go to Nolo Press, query DNR and find the information for your specific State.  The information will likely be located with estate planning, living wills, durable powers of attorney and more.

Each state is slightly different, so you need to find the state to which you are or were last connected.

The documents can be written from that State, by an attorney or yourself, signed by a notary public (not a MX notario), the document needs to be apostilled and legally translated here by a Supreme Court certified translator.  The documents are then good to go.  

You may want to inform your local doctor(s) that you have a DNR, health care directives, and/or a durable power of attorney for medical decisions from NOB.  The major hospitals in Guadalajara are familiar with these documents.

The international agreement that allows this to happen is the "Hague Agreement".  The full citation is on my website www.lifeplanninginjalisco.wordpress.com Look under references and resources.  If you want some dry, but informative reading, the Hague Agreement is in English on their website.

Hopefully Spencer will come up with the form/format for the DNR needed here.   As mentioned, Lic Villanueva suggested it be signed by a notario here.  I don't make recommendations for notarios lakeside .... but the only one I know of who has some real familiarity with NOB documents is Sergio Macias (the son, not the father) who is now a notario for Tuxcueca, but you can still make an appointment with him at the Chapala Office for Notario 5 (more/less across the street from Spencer's office).

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down