INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

county of Chapala in financial trouble

+10
David
slainte39
Ms.Thang
Smartalex
CanuckBob
sir
Lady Otter Latté
Zedinmexico
Pedro
gvprod
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

county of Chapala in financial trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: county of Chapala in financial trouble

Post by David Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 am

Si. It's correct for every Municipio in the country.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

county of Chapala in financial trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: county of Chapala in financial trouble

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:00 am

Thank you for the clarification, David. Guess gvprod had no idea how much money goes from Ajijic to Chapala...NO IDEA.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:26 am

Ms.Thang wrote:
sir wrote:The article mentions a state progam "Backpacks with tooling",what is that?
That is " mochilas con utiles" or backpacks with school supplies for the children returning to school. The state kicked in half and the municipality paid the other half. They did not have the back packs at the time the school supplies were distributed but I think they were distributed later...I think.
They were to have been distributed 'later'; I'll have to check with the kids to see if that has come through....or not. As of last week, the back ordered mochilas had not arrived.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 am

and some 60% of all 3 levels of gummint funding comes from pemex.
since municipo of chapala is the gummint and ajijic is ruled by it,ajijic gets zero directly and must go to municipo for any $'s and since we are broke-well you get the picture, except gvprod-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 am

I lived in Ajijic for three years before moving to Chapala. In that time the new malecon was built, the skate park was installed, the plaza was (almost) renovated, new street lights were installed and potholes in the streets were filled. So who paid for that? Why do the Ajicatecos feel they get shorted on civic funding?
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 pm

It seems to be a case of, "Yeah, but what have you done for us lately?"
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cardshark Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 pm

David wrote:The taxes paid in Chapala go to the State of Jalisco.  It's the same all over Mexico.
Incorrect. There are several taxes that the municipios do not share, neither with the state nor federal governments. For starters, property taxes and any other catastral taxes collected. Also many of the fees charged for services provided by the municipality remain in the local treasury. These funds fall under the category "ingresos propios municipales".

cardshark

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:15 pm

Secession may be the only option for Ajijic.
Possibly they could join Texas when they do the same.Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:24 pm

cardshark wrote:
David wrote:The taxes paid in Chapala go to the State of Jalisco.  It's the same all over Mexico.
Incorrect. There are several taxes that the municipios do not share, neither with the state nor federal governments. For starters, property taxes and any other catastral taxes collected. Also many of the fees charged for services provided by the municipality remain in the local treasury. These funds fall under the category "ingresos propios municipales".
Propinas and mordidas definitely stay local.

BTW...a short hijack...Do you know where there are any poker "games"?   Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:
sir wrote:The article mentions a state progam "Backpacks with tooling",what is that?
That is " mochilas con utiles" or backpacks with school supplies for the children returning to school. The state kicked in half and the municipality paid the other half. They did not have the back packs at the time the school supplies were distributed but I think they were distributed later...I think.
Thank you for the explanation,but I still don't understand how they could have spent 2 million dollars on backpacks w/school supplies as stated in the article.

sir

Back to top Go down

Post by cardshark Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:23 pm

sir wrote:

Thank you for the explanation,but I still don't understand how they could have spent 2 million dollars on backpacks w/school supplies as stated in the article.
The article doesn't state that. A 2 million PESO loan was applied for and it was supposedly to be used to pay for a number of items, only one of which was the backpacks.

cardshark

Back to top Go down

Post by sir Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

cardshark wrote:
sir wrote:

The article doesn't state that. A 2 million PESO loan was applied for and it was supposedly to be used to pay for a number of items, only one of which was the backpacks.
In the translated version of the article it's states specifically that it was 2 million dollars,maybe something was lost in the translation,once my Spanish is up to speed I hopefully won't have to rely on these iffy translations.

sir

Back to top Go down

Post by cardshark Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:24 pm

sir wrote:
In the translated version of the article it's states specifically that it was 2 million dollars,maybe something was lost in the translation,once my Spanish is up to speed I hopefully won't have to rely on these iffy translations.
No, sir. There is no maybe. The translated version is a bunch of gobbledygook. But if you care to go back and reread it, you may be able to figure out that the loan was not solely for the backpacks but for other financial obligations the municipality needed resolved.

cardshark

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm

the stupid translation used this symbol[$] to mean dollars. the same symbol is used for pesos. $100=100pesos en espanol.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cardshark Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Pedro wrote:the stupid translation used this symbol[$] to mean dollars. the same symbol is used for pesos. $100=100pesos en espanol.
That symbol signified the peso long before the US adopted it for their dollar. Spanish coins bearing that sign were used as currency before the US dollar existed.

cardshark

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Wow! I'm sure glad a couple of newbies showed up to explain everything to us!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by cardshark Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:11 pm

David wrote:Wow!  I'm sure glad a couple of newbies showed up to explain everything to us!
Sorry if I stepped on your toes. I realize there is usually a pecking order on these message boards and the ones at the top don't particularly appreciate someone at the bottom correcting erroneous information posted by the cocks of the walk. But I really wasn't expecting such sarcasm over such an innocuous post or two. Of course, a newbie to the board doesn't necessarily mean they are a newbie to Mexico, does it?

cardshark

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm

And a newbie name does not necessarily mean a newbie to the board either.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:21 pm

So...who is the head pecker on this board?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Depends on your definition of "head pecker" or if you should so choose, "pecker head"?

Another question: when did they establish counties in Mexico?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 am

Be nice folks it is Mirador not Octagon.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by dogperson Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:05 am

How sad, a region in debt, and one of their greatest expenses is having to pay for the Keystone cops that work the area so inefficiently.

dogperson

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 pm

David wrote:Wow!  I'm sure glad a couple of newbies showed up to explain everything to us!
Probably the same person....or identical twins.  lol! ...confusing, isn't it?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2