INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank

+3
BobC
slainte39
Frijoles
7 posters

Go down

Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank Empty Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank

Post by Frijoles Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:03 pm

I see that Mexico is now on the list of countries to which CPP can be direct-deposited.  Has anyone done this and, if so, has it worked well?  Also, which bank?  Thanks in advance.
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank Empty Re: Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:49 pm

What is CPP?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank Empty Re: Direct-depositing CPP into a Mexican Bank

Post by BobC Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:What is CPP?
Canada Pension Plan -- more or less our version of Social Security

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:32 pm

BobC wrote:
slainte39 wrote:What is CPP?
Canada Pension Plan -- more or less our version of Social Security

Bob
Thank you, Bob

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:56 am

I choose to have my SS deposited in my US bank.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 am

After seeing a recent documentary on Scotia Inverlat and the Mexican banking system in general I would be hesitant to deposit any money into a Mexican bank. I would just as soon keep my money in Canada and withdraw it as necessary from the ATM's.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 am

CanuckBob wrote:After seeing a recent documentary on Scotia Inverlat and the Mexican banking system in general I would be hesitant to deposit any money into a Mexican bank. I would just as soon keep my money in Canada and withdraw it as necessary from the ATM's.
exactly-yer bucks ain't insured like they are with a canadian bank. i just wrote a canadian scotia cheque fer a large sum of pesos to intercam to avoid going to the scotia atm several days in a row. ya don't need no mexican bank fer anything.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by briantroy Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 am

In a kinda-related story, I was down in TJ with my business partner about 10 years ago. We were both loaded, but he was very loaded. He ran out of cash and got up to go to the ATM. One of the nice waiters decided to walk with us and show us where the nearest ATM machine was located. Once there, my buddy had to slide his card into a slot for the security doors to open. I waited on the street while the waiter and my buddy went inside the booth area. My partner came out complaining that the machine had given him pesos. "What do you expect, James? We are in Mexico!"

The next day, James calls me asking what happened and why his ATM card doesn’t work. Upon inspection, the card has someone else's name. Turns out, the nice waiter had stolen his PIN and card and replaced it with an identical looking card, save the name. Now that is thieving ingenuity! That bastard must have had 20 or more stolen ATM cards as inventory to trade off in order to match my partner’s. They only got the max at the time, about $300, but a lesson well learned from the big city!
I love Mexico.
briantroy
briantroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down