INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

+20
papa chango
CHILLIN
TrueBrit
arbon
Rosa Venus
zenwoodle
CheenaGringo
Flamingo
ComputerGuy
slainte39
sundown
gvprod
Lady Otter Latté
simpsca
CanuckBob
Smartalex
Grizzy
addtocart
Hensley
bman2
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! - Page 4 Empty Re: WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

Post by smint Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:03 am

CHILLIN wrote:
smint wrote: People con the coasts speak proper Spanish.
Nope - a riddle of slang - and they are proud of it! They put sizzle in their schnizzle. The Sinaloans especially, have made a whole trademark out of it. Ever heard the ballad of Chalino Sanchez?

Once again, and as you have proved throughout the years on these boards, you have no idea about what you post.  There are many, many educated costeños that speak proper Spanish. And many of those same people wouldn't be caught dead listening to musica naca.

smint

Back to top Go down

WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on! - Page 4 Empty Re: WTF...Music Concert till 3 AM...come on!

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:13 am

smint wrote:
CHILLIN wrote:
smint wrote: People con the coasts speak proper Spanish.
Nope - a riddle of slang - and they are proud of it! They put sizzle in their schnizzle. The Sinaloans especially, have made a whole trademark out of it. Ever heard the ballad of Chalino Sanchez?

Once again, and as you have proved throughout the years on these boards, you have no idea about what you post.  There are many, many educated costeños that speak proper Spanish. And many of those same people wouldn't be caught dead listening to musica naca.
right on smint!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 am

I'm bored this morning. It's too quiet. What happened? Oh yes, the festival is over.

Surte
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 am

I guess smint has never heard of MEXICAN Spanish. I guess Wikipedia has got it wrong again, especially the section on media influence. On an earlier post I emphasized learning formal, proper Spanish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Spanish
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am

Chillin,on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your Spanish speaking skills?
Using some Sinoalense naco like Chalino as an example of how costeños speak Spanish is beyond ridiculous.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:19 am

for those who miss the noise, don't worry, December 12th is eleven days away. And new years is 30 days away. VIVA AJIJIC
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:45 am

CHILLIN wrote:I guess smint has never heard of MEXICAN Spanish. I guess Wikipedia has got it wrong again, especially the section on media influence. On an earlier post I emphasized learning formal, proper Spanish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Spanish
   Actually I have been speaking Spanish fluently almost as long as I have spoken English. Now tell us what your credenti
als are? Since you posted emphasizing proper and formal Spanish you apparently are fluent enough to not need Wiki.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

I studied Spanish for two years at the University of British Columbia, but I hit a road block in Puerto Vallarta because there is so much slang. I couldn't understand kid's tv shows or soap operas for example - then I found out why. A friend who studied two years at the University of Missouri said exactly the same thing. Smint, Solovino, etc., etc., learned his Spanish from his wife, who is from the Los Altos area of Jalisco. In my opinion, that is the best, most formal Mexican Spanish. A friend from there was hired to teach Spanish in Houston, he couldn't figure out why he was chosen over 100's of more qualified applicants. I told him it's your accent, the mothers and fathers wanted their kids to speak Spanish like him. The Sinoloan accent is the easiest to spot, that is why I posted the song. Mexican people who have grown up on the coasts are generally more easy going and laid back in the language department compared to city people.
If you are really interested in this topic, which I doubt, there is a good thread on Mexconnect with people who know more on this topic than I do.

www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgi?post=121736
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:39 pm

From my observations on this board....
I would defer to viajero and smint as the best two qualified people, not having Spanish as their first language, to matters of Spanish fluency. More so, than the perceived usage and correctness of a foreigner's take on "coastal Spanish", whatever that is.
I must admit though that I do like some "sizzle" in my chorizo sinaloense.   Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by smint Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:06 pm

Chillin, I started speaking Spanish when I was 10 years old. My wife is not from Los Altos, she is from Cihuatlan and lived on the coast until she started high school in Guadalajara. The rest of your post is the same type of nonsense you have always posted. This is what I meant when I said most of what you post is bs.

smint

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 pm

slainte39 wrote:From my observations on this board....
I would defer to viajero and smint as the best two qualified people, not having Spanish as their first language, to matters of Spanish fluency.
I defer to smint,I've learned some useful and interesting things from him over the years regarding Spanish and Mexico in general.

Last edited by viajero on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:19 pm

slainte39 wrote:
I must admit though that I do like some "sizzle" in my chorizo sinaloense.   Very Happy
Sin albur,verdad.Shocked 

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:38 pm

viajero wrote:
slainte39 wrote:From my observations on this board....
I would defer to viajero and smint as the best two qualified people, not having Spanish as their first language, to matters of Spanish fluency.
I defer to smint,I've learned some useful and interesting things from him over the years regarding Spanish and Mexico in general.
Estoy de acuerdo contigo. No hay pedo ... Smint.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Chillin should stick to debating pedro in coastal canadiense.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Reminds me of a high school Spanish teacher I once had back in Los Angeles. The guy insisted in speaking with a Castilian accent, Every morning, we'd come to class and he'd greet us, "Buenoth diath." Of course, it was high school and you weren't allowed to laugh out loud...maybe just the slightest little murmur of a collective groan was acceptable.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:29 pm

I knew a Mexican guy that said "Buenoth Diath", but thuppothedly he wath gay.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Freddie Fender had a bit of a lithp Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4