INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

+13
Zedinmexico
SunFan
Pescador
Hensley
espíritu del lago
Ms.Thang
borderreiver
LaChula
Lady Otter Latté
gpbasap
elehne1
oncesubtle
Jim W
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Jim W Thu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

This is a private organization depending on donations from private enterprise.   Chase bank has donated many homes and properties nationwide for renovation and given to disabled vets.   Home Depot has made large donations of building materials as well.   The only catch is selected Disabled Veterans must occupy property for 10 years minimum, maintain and pay annual property taxes, at that time they are given the deed FREE and CLEAR.

Over 40 homes have been completed to date.

The home shown below was awarded to my son Jeremy, his wife and 16 month old son last Monday. Thumbs up 

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES 2014-021
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5152
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 76
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by oncesubtle Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Wow Jim, that's a super huge deal. Congratulations!  cheers 
oncesubtle
oncesubtle
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-04-07
Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by elehne1 Thu May 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Wonderful home for your son and family! Thanks to the organization providing homes for veterans and thanks for your son's service!

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 213
Join date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2014 6:50 pm

I hope and pray that Jeremy is making progress from his disability. There are too many of them. Enough with war.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by gpbasap Thu May 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Amen!
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 162
Join date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu May 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Wishing Jeremy and his family much happiness in their new home.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful news.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 6760
Join date : 2011-07-26
Location : Chapala
Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by LaChula Thu May 15, 2014 8:49 pm

That is just great!

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 117
Join date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by borderreiver Thu May 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Awesome!!! May your son and family live long and prosper in this lovely home. Nice car, by the way.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 925
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 74
Location : vancouver
Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Ms.Thang Thu May 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Homes For Heroes...I love it. I hope they will be very happy there . Its a beautiful home!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1097
Join date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Jim W Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm

borderreiver wrote:Awesome!!! May your son and family live long and prosper in this lovely home. Nice car, by the way.


Borderreiver, Thank You 1969 Buick Skylark.   I am the original owner, had a 100% restore in 2002.   I gave it to Jeremy in 2005 when he was stop lost and forced to do back to backs in Iraq......16 months without proper leave.   It has been in the family for 45 YEARS .......
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5152
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 76
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by borderreiver Thu May 15, 2014 11:01 pm

I knew it was a Buick, the year, not quite sure. Awesome car. Jeremy must be thrilled and ever so deserving. We make do with a supercharged slate blue 98 Regal, 55,000 original miles. Stealth bomb. Love those Buicks. An awesome video post would be your dear son doing a burn with that Buick Baby.
All the best and kindest regards to you and your family
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 925
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 74
Location : vancouver
Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by espíritu del lago Fri May 16, 2014 6:56 am

Outstanding! Thanks for posting!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Hensley Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 am

Nice story!
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2010-07-07
Age : 60
Location : Chapala 9 Years

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Pescador Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am

WHEW!! Great to read such a happening so early in the morning!! Thumbs up 

Thanks for posting Jim.

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 163
Join date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by SunFan Fri May 16, 2014 7:58 am

Glad to see something good happening!

Bye the bye I see you're sporting the CBob look now. I was glad to hear you're tolerating the Chemo.

Best Regards

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1307
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 76
Location : San Antonio Tlayacapan - Upper Chula Vista
Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 am

Nice to see nice behavior towards vets.  Most of us talk the talk in the US about vets but don't come up with the money or help for them.  So happy to see stuff like this FINALLY!

Now if we could only get the government to give treatment to Vets in a timely manner!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5604
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Jim W Fri May 16, 2014 1:30 pm

SunFan wrote:Glad to see something good happening!

Bye the bye I see you're sporting the CBob look now. I was glad to hear you're tolerating the Chemo.

Best Regards

SunFan


Thanks George, CB tells me I need the mirrored glasses and a lollipop ...........for the perfect "KOJAK" look  BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES 851398 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5152
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 76
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Mainecoons Fri May 16, 2014 2:43 pm

All the best to you Jim in your treatment!

Don't let Bob sell you the rug he stopped using and hid in the closet.

Oh, you didn't know about that??

 BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES 374777 
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1950
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 79
Location : Ajijic
Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Jim W Fri May 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Nice to see nice behavior towards vets.  Most of us talk the talk in the US about vets but don't come up with the money or help for them.  So happy to see stuff like this FINALLY!

Now if we could only get the government to give treatment to Vets in a timely manner!

Z


Zed, our gov treats the wounded like they are a waste of time to discuss  unless there is a photo opp!   I have met several thru Jeremy who have lost limbs in this gawd awful war.  They seem to be adjusting far better than their PTSD brothers.   In Jeremy's case he was reassigned to Casa Grande as a recruiter after the stop loss back to back in Iraq.   He was assigned without physch evaluation.   He had 19 years, 2 months of service and planned on retirement at 20 years.   Then the unthinkable, at a party in our home, a mouthy anti war guy gets in his face, calling him baby killer etc.   They squared off and within 10 seconds the kid was choked out and dumped in the pool where he nearly drowned......meanwhile Jeremy went into the bedroom and pulled a gun, with intention of taking himself out.  FORTUNATELY, his wife talked him down.   The next day contact was made with his commander and Physch help was involved.   Rather than desk duty with outpatient treatment they tried to kick him to the curb, offering 50% disability.  He fought for and received 100%.   He looked at moving to Mexico and living with us, however, our US GOV told him his pay would be reduced as Mexico is a cheaper place to live.

Sorry for the ramble, but these normal kids are turned into kill or be killed assets by our government and then dumped back into society.   Fortunately, many learn how to adjust and cope.   The ones involved in kill or be killed situations have a far more difficult time getting back the normal life they enjoyed before the military.

There are THOUSANDS of our heroes experiencing similar stories.

Jim W  Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5152
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 76
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Jim W Fri May 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Sorry for getting a bit off topic. If you know of any disabled vet, please provide the following link.

www.BuildingHomesForHeroes.org
They should contact. This is not like the wounded warriors program asking for $19.00 per month, where the administrative costs eat up donations.

Homes for Heroes also renovate homes of heroes who have lost limbs, making their homes more livable. A truly great organization.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5152
Join date : 2010-04-24
Age : 76
Location : Chapala
Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by zenwoodle Fri May 16, 2014 8:59 pm

I think that you look better with that hairstyle.  Beer Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1491
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 74
Location : Ajijic, formerly from Ontario
Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Zedinmexico Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 am

Jim W wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Nice to see nice behavior towards vets.  Most of us talk the talk in the US about vets but don't come up with the money or help for them.  So happy to see stuff like this FINALLY!

Now if we could only get the government to give treatment to Vets in a timely manner!

Z


Zed, our gov treats the wounded like they are a waste of time to discuss  unless there is a photo opp!   I have met several thru Jeremy who have lost limbs in this gawd awful war.  They seem to be adjusting far better than their PTSD brothers.   In Jeremy's case he was reassigned to Casa Grande as a recruiter after the stop loss back to back in Iraq.   He was assigned without physch evaluation.   He had 19 years, 2 months of service and planned on retirement at 20 years.   Then the unthinkable, at a party in our home, a mouthy anti war guy gets in his face, calling him baby killer etc.   They squared off and within 10 seconds the kid was choked out and dumped in the pool where he nearly drowned......meanwhile Jeremy went into the bedroom and pulled a gun, with intention of taking himself out.  FORTUNATELY, his wife talked him down.   The next day contact was made with his commander and Physch help was involved.   Rather than desk duty with outpatient treatment they tried to kick him to the curb, offering 50% disability.  He fought for and received 100%.   He looked at moving to Mexico and living with us, however, our US GOV told him his pay would be reduced as Mexico is a cheaper place to live.

Sorry for the ramble, but these normal kids are turned into kill or be killed assets by our government and then dumped back into society.   Fortunately, many learn how to adjust and cope.   The ones involved in kill or be killed situations have a far more difficult time getting back the normal life they enjoyed before the military.

There are THOUSANDS   of our heroes experiencing similar stories.

Jim W  Blackeye


Nothing wrong talking about this stuff! More folks need to understand how badly vets are treated. Nothing new here. My best friend went to viet nam and committed suicide two weeks after I left the east to move west. I knew he was busted up inside from VN but had no idea how busted up. I still feel horrible. I was his only help I found out later as the VA were worthless his wife told me later. If you really know Vets you will here all these stories over and over. I still cry sometimes.

They deserve BETTER!!!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5604
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by simpsca Sat May 17, 2014 9:56 am

Wonderful for you and your son Jim. Fabulous car and house!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Posts : 2519
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 77

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Flamingo Sat May 17, 2014 12:10 pm

A truly wonderful program - I only wish it were more widely known. I am so proud of your son for demanding the Army do what was right.

My cousin came back from Nam more broken than we realized. He walked into the ocean one day and just kept walking.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1547
Join date : 2011-10-14
Location : Chapala

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 18, 2014 7:49 am

So many of these stories.
But
Happy about the house program!



Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5604
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES Empty Re: BUILDING HOMES FOR HEROES

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum