INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunfire and blockade near Monterrey

Go down

Gunfire and blockade near Monterrey Empty Gunfire and blockade near Monterrey

Post by simpsca Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

I found this on another board and thought I would post it here since I know some of our posters travel by car back and forth to the US:

I left Jocotepec at first light and with a borrowed GPS and let it take me north. It made frequent but tiny mistakes as to by- passes but it got me to Laredo. It even found the bridge, (I usually wander about like an $%&/()).

100ks south of Monterrey all traffic was stopped and nothing was coming from the North. Then the military showed up. They were armed to the teeth. Soon there were sounds of gunfire. Then ambulances went up the southbound side. A little over 2 hours later traffic slowly moved again. I could see a bullet ridden 18 wheeler, a black suv in front and one behind it. The suv's were shot up as well. There were bodies under blankets. A little ways up the road was a Federale road block. They told me that a gang was leading the 18 wheeler which was loaded with contraband and there was an attempted stop made by the police and that bought on the gunfire. Only narcos were killed.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down