INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado

2 posters

Go down

Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado Empty Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DbQv%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Dsb&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/cultura/2014/531672/6/google-invita-a-dar-un-paseo-virtual-por-el-teatro-degollado.htm&usg=ALkJrhh8ORRK505LBWL8smWiZ8TTXpQX2g

Pretty darned neat - the view at the end of the article has multiple views and is controllable from the upper left.

As an aside, I passed a Google Street View car going the other way outside of Santa Fe, NM on Wed. Have no idea what all the electronics are that they have but I thought my radar detector was going to self destruct. Never heard it make those kind of noises before and the volume was three times normal!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado Empty Re: Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Certain types of automatic door openers will set off radar detector units. Could that be what you are hearing?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado Empty Re: Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Zed:

Hardly my first rodeo! There were no riders on horseback with their automatic stall openers and as a matter of fact, the only vehicle in close proximity was the Google Street View car. The radar detector kept increasing in volume as he approached and started going back down as he went away. And there were no visible flying saucers zapping me at the time. I just checked and they haven't uploaded the latest view as yet.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:58 am

So CG has anyone figured out why The Google car is emitting such strong signals? How about a guess
that it uses radar to detect where objects are or the passing of distance to take the next picture? Also
did any indicators light up like this band or that band as that would give us the frequency?
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:36 am

Given the amount of driving that I do and given the fact that I might cheat a bit on posted speed limits, I really don't care what band is setting off the detector.  From what I actually did see, it looked like every light across the face was lit up?

Since we know that Google was collecting WIFI info with these same cars, it isn't beyond the imagination that they may just have some other things up their sleeves?  Below is a photo of the dashboard of an Audi TT which utilizes some advanced technology from Google:
Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado <a href=Google Street View of the Interior of Teatro Degollado Audi10" />

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:09 am

What I was wondering about was whether the emissions were laser or radar that your detector was picking up? It would tell a lot about what they are doing. I would love to take apart the Google car and figure out what is going on. Very clever folks just don't expect any privacy from them.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 am

Hard to find technical info on the data collection car. Easy to find info on google self drive car.  A little info in this article.

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/behind-the-scenes-with-google-street-view-590608

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:55 am

Wonder if the electronics have anything to do with their planned purchase of Skybox:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/google-buys-skybox-imaging-satellite-firm-for-500m-9525170.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down