INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

China's loss, Mexico's gain

4 posters

Go down

China's loss, Mexico's gain Empty China's loss, Mexico's gain

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Interesting article about how manufacturers and importers are contemplating switching from China to Mexico. Great news for Mexico.

http://www.theprovince.com/business/China%2Bloss%2BMexico%2Bgain/4175617/story.html

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

China's loss, Mexico's gain Empty Re: China's loss, Mexico's gain

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:15 am

The Province
BY JASON LANGE, REUTERS JANUARY 27, 201

China's loss, Mexico's gain
Mexico ended 2010 with an estimated 12 per cent of the U.S. import market, its largest share ever. Factory wages are now about 14 per cent higher than those in China, the Mexican finance ministry estimates. In 2002, officials calculate they were 240 per cent higher, cancelling out Mexico's natural advantage of proximity.

Setting up shop in Mexico can be good for U.S. business because Mexican factories tend to buy more U.S.-made components than Chinese ones. Mexico buys nearly twice as many U.S. exports as does China, and anything that creates more demand for U.S. goods eases global imbalances.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/business/China%2Bloss%2BMexico%2Bgain/4175617/story.html#ixzz1CL5nrzXy

So why the beef about NAFTA? Appears to to be a win-win for both Mexico and the US.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm

I wonder if Calzado Canada (Mexico's "largest'") can regain some market share and add workers? Chinese shoes all but killed the Guadalajara company. At one time their fame was so great and their following so great that there were Canada shoe shops in Los Angeles and Chicago, to name a few places.
It is one thing if Mexico gains on China as a provider to the USA, but also I hope they regain share on their home turf.
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Chinese shoes are fairly bad quality - at least the ones I've tried. While Mexican shoes - especially Flexi, my favorite, are wonderful. But I guess people go for cheap as opposed to quality.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down