INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza Update?

+18
espíritu del lago
Bigbird
hockables
gringal
lunateak
Jim W
slainte39
dcampbell757
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
kitchener
Zedinmexico
Pedro
David
windrider17
Ms.Thang
Chapalagringa
kb9gzg
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pizza Update? - Page 5 Empty Re: Pizza Update?

Post by Bigbird Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Perry has been offering Pizza in Ajijic for a few months. He worked at a pizza shop in the stated for several years.
He just finished his Wood Fired Oven this summer.

Bigbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm

ok bigbird, thank you for the clarification and I have no doubt people are enjoying Perry's pizza. I could enjoy Domino's, I think but my goal is authentic at this point. It's a hobby that I really enjoy.

Early on in this thread I asked a question that was kind of skipped over by other exciting things being discussed and I'd like to ask again. Is Trattoria di Axixic run by Italian owners, do they have a wfo and are there other pizza places with Italian owners? Those are the places I'm going to put on my list of places to try if the opportunity arises.

Being I was so engaged in conversation this afternoon I asked my husband this evening if he was served anything else besides his plate of pasta at the restaurant? The answer is no. Nothing. No bread no veggies nothing more. That's shocking. Is that how it is in Italian restaurants in Italy?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 pm

This long thread has for some part centered around a discussion about pizzas in public places as opposed to certain people being able to make a better pizza at home based on the judgment of one person.
It's seems like a ridiculous discussion, as what value will it have for the majority of the board members other than being ever so slightly entertaining.
Carry on, but just wanted to voice MHO.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 am

That pie looks GOOD!!!
Honestly tho.... that's just too much work! I'll leave it to the pros...
Thank God for the hard working immigrants!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 am

The "best" pizza maker at Lakeside moved to North Carolina sometime ago.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:09 am

no,dominos is still here. the"best" pizza maker never delivered.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Who's eaten pizza at Focaccia?  sheesh...I want try someplace that's at least as good as Hosteria

This video saved me a trip... Beer

slainte39, If I can bring a little entertainment by posting, I've done a good job...this is cheap entertainment.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Is Perry's open on Mondays? I think I'm going to run in and out of there just to take a picture and pick up little foot...how's that for entertainment...maybe I'll even take a selfie. bwahaha!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:16 pm

the dame[er-dam?] er-dame has burst.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 pm

My hobby and fetish for pizza has turned into a bit of an online pizza terror that will now fade into the sunset.  Before I end this post I want to point out something I've learned along the way.  

1.  If a pizza oven looks as good or better than this one pictured below have no fear.  Looks aren't important, mass is...The quality of an oven only determines how much time it'll take to bake the pizza.  This picture my husband took for me of an indigenous oven he saw over the weekend.  The woman who owned it said it didn't work very well...but it could bake bread.  :)  too cute.  
Pizza Update? - Page 5 BolantildeosWFO

2. Some of us have been on these forums fer a long time...years of cheap entertainment.  But now this forum has grown and we or better yet a big "I"  need to be more careful of some of my punchy jokes.  Sheesh the punch isn't even loaded, just all natural...

3. No one, especially me, likes a critic, especially from someone who doesn't know me, doesn't understand me nor has the whole story. It is a bit of a pet peeve when people write untruths about my neighborhood and they've never even lived here.  In the early days, I never took what I said super serious and still don't but then realized someone might be determining something important and an unfounded generalization is dumb to make online.   But then again, it's pretty dumb to decide where you want to live by a comment made on a public forum because there are so many trolls.  My point, don't knock it until you try it and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

3. Yes, part two of #3. I went by Perry's today and met him.  In fact, he seems like a really nice person and has a fetish of his own for pizza.  Perry's place reminds me of those cool food venders in New York but with seating.  I think he should keep the paper plates, less dishes to wash, maybe paper could still be an option.   The cool thing about Perry's is that Perry has chapalagringa's cheese in the kitchen and because I'll never open a restaurant you may want to ask Perry for chapalagringa's cheese on your next pizza and see what you think.  The other top notch staple in Perry's kitchen is the Italian 00 Caputo flour.  Now for a place on a budget, let me tell you, Perry wants the best pizza and that appears to be the direction he's going stay, "Gotta have it!" he said.  Chapalagringa has never ever used 00 flour so you're up one on me in the flour department Perry.

4. I really would like to see what Perry has going on with his pizza, even if he isn't Italian.  One day I'll come in and order a Margherita pizza, he's got the flour folks.  Walking into Perry's my first thought was, it's clean and this guy is trying to earn an honest living.  If you love pizza, why not make a few pesos making what you love?  Is anything better than food made with love?  

5. My apologizes for getting out of hand on the forum and I'd delete or edit some of my previous posts now that I find embarrassing but they're there for all to see unless a kind mod would allow it.  Going to be more selective of my comments...sarcasm is fun until it hurts someone and that's not the direction I'm going.  

Pizza Update? - Page 5 Theend
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:57 pm

thank you
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Classy post, Chapalagringa. It has lessons for a lot of us. Thank you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 am

(Back after a three-day power outage, and no inside water. Woosh! I really need a shower. Shocked But that's TMI....)

Chapalagringa, Perry's is closed on Saturday and Sunday, and I second Lady OL: you exhibit class.

I HAVE to get to Perry's this week. Pizza DTs (also want to taste his pulled pork and burgers).
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 am

[Oh! I had just cooked a couple of pounds of Rick's corned beef (do not miss this product) and put it into the fridge when we lost electricidad. It, with the other contents of the icebox, no longer smells very good, so will have to save my pesos in order to replace all of the groceries we had purchased prior to the transformer's melt down. Before we do that, however, it is back to Perry's!]
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am

October is National (in the U.S., anyway) Pizza Month, so celebrate it in fine style at Perry's!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 pm

A small group of us gathered at Perry's, today, in continuing celebration of (U.S.) National Pizza Month, and consumed three of our host's delectable creations.

Chapalagringa, your critical evaluation?
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 am

Next Monday, the 6th, I'm going to test Perry's clam chowder (he sorta promised to make some!) with a burger--er, probably a PIZZA!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:40 am

Make it 12:30 PM.
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:59 pm

His clam chowder is good....and a little different (for me). I asked, "Do you put ____________ in it?". And he said yes. ¡Provecho!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:21 am

Starting to drool....
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:58 pm

Okay, youse guys 'n' gals, I learned today that Perry has employed a fella named Moises, who learned to cook from his Italian father, a chef for 35 years. Perry says that Moises has already taken Perry's pizza two levels up from its already state of perfection, and new dishes are being planned. Well, I'll test Perry's assessment, next Monday, at 1:00 PM. (Sorry, Chapalagringa, that you can't try it yet; but, you could come and watch! Very Happy)
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Thank you kb9gzg...I can drink water or tea from there...if I'm well enough, maybe I can swing by next Monday.

..almost finished day 4 of 90, Jan 5th is the end of 90 days. I confirmed with the dra that I will be having some refined carbs for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years...so thinking New Year's we'll be having pizza :) She hopes I'm really ready for Thanksgiving...me too!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 am

Okay, everyone, I've tested Perry's evaluation of Moises' pizza, and he's right: up two levels, but I call it pizza perfection; regardless, Perry says that he has not yet attained that degree, so he continues his pursuit.
Beer
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 am

Stopped in Tuesday Afternoon.... yer right.... It was very good
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:15 am

Looks like another pizza run is called for. Almost did yesterday but Bruno´s mesquite burger was screaming my name. Oh lordy, what a decision!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next