INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m.

5 posters

Go down

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. Empty Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m.

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm going to meet up with some others on the board tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. to sample some of Perry's Famous Pizza!!!  I can only stay for an hour and then off to pick up little foot from school.  If you're an oldbie, newbie or wannabie, you're also invited although no invitation is necessary...would love to see you there.   Sorry for the short notice, my life is run on a rather rigid schedule and things like this have to be spontaneous.  

Pizza, pizza!  

If you don't know where Perry's Pizza is, heading in the direction of Jocotepec in Ajijic take the street before Farmacia Guadalajara on the lake side.  Head towards the lake and turn right on Guadalupe Victoria, the first street behind the Farmacia and go straight about 1/2 a block heading west until you're behind Farmacia Guadalajara on the left hand side you'll see a lona or tarp sign that say's Perry's Pizza(i think).

Nos Vemos! (we'll be seeing each other)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. Empty Re: Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m.

Post by hockables Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:I'm going to meet up with some others on the board tomorrow at 12:30 p.m. to sample some of Perry's Famous Pizza!!!  I can only stay for an hour and then off to pick up little foot from school.  If you're an oldbie, newbie or wannabie, you're also invited although no invitation is necessary...would love to see you there.   Sorry for the short notice, my life is run on a rather rigid schedule and things like this have to be spontaneous.  

Pizza, pizza!  

If you don't know where Perry's Pizza is, heading in the direction of Jocotepec in Ajijic take the street before Farmacia Guadalajara on the lake side.  Head towards the lake and turn right on Guadalupe Victoria, the first street behind the Farmacia and go straight about 1/2 a block heading west until you're behind Farmacia Guadalajara on the left hand side you'll see a lona or tarp sign that say's Perry's Pizza(i think).

Nos Vemos! (we'll be seeing each other)

I'm pretty sure we were there for fish & chips before... wuzn't a Swarm held there for a golf cart ??
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. Empty Re: Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m.

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 pm

idk, I didn't go to that one, haven't been to a swarm in ages...but come on over and try some pizza tomorrow!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 pm

A group of us were there this evening. His pizza is the best!

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Great to hear!  Looking forward to trying it!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:12 am

Thumbs up
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 am

Yup! Looking forward to meeting you kb9gzg! Hope you had time for a shower since you had no water, if not, step outside, it's raining! Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:53 am

I'm calling Perry to let him know that he better fire up his oven!

(Rain has ended on the malecon, but our shower is now working.
mariachi)
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 pm

That was fun!  

Thanks for coming by to say hello truebrit!  My daughter in law was having fun trying to figure out your accent :)  Wish we could have had more time to visit with everyone, it wasn't long enough but little foot enjoyed eating pizza on the way home!

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. PerrysPizza1

I got a picture of Perry's Biggest Fan and permission to publish his photo!
Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. PerrysPizzaLee

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:49 pm

I must confess that I am biased after not having had even one bad pizza at Perry's since I began consuming them!

Thanks for the great photography, Chapalagringa, and wonderful conversation. My wife had a thoroughly fine time, as did our new friend Sunny (spelling?). It was also fun meeting and dining with your daughter-in-law and TrueBrit, who dropped in to visit.

Perry and his crew (thanks to you, too, Josue) did it, again, folks. Outstanding! I'll be back, next Monday at 12:30 PM, to test run the clam chowder and another burger.

Lee
mariachi
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:That was fun!  

I got a picture of Perry's Biggest Fan and permission to publish his photo!
Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. PerrysPizzaLee

Thatz an old fisherman's trick.... hold it way out front so it looks bigger.... lol Beer

looks tasty.........
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Good one, Hock, ol' man! (Actually, I was holding it that way to demonstrate the lovely char on the underside. Perfection almost personified.)
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Do you know what type of cheese they use? So far, the best I have found is in Chapala, North of La Lenas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Oso, are you referring to GIARDINO II Italian Restaurant?  We've eaten there and it's not the same cheese as Perry's.  If you like La Lena, keep going there because we're talking apples to oranges in the comparison, they're not alike at all.  Crust, sauce, cheese are completely different.   Glad you found a place you enjoy!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:21 am

Osoprehistorico wrote:Do you know what type of cheese they use?  So far, the best I have found is in Chapala, North of La Lenas.

Sorry, Oso, but I haven't the foggiest. I really know nothing about pizza construction; I only know what I like. Very Happy
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Meet up at Perry's Pizza Mañana!! Thurs. Oct 2nd 12:30 p.m. Empty Great party, great pizza

Post by Sunnyvmx Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 am

Not one for writing reviews, but I have to join in on this one. I very much enjoyed meeting fun people and have now found a favorite restaurant with excellent food. I'm looking forward to trying Perry's other specialties although it will be difficult not to order the pizza again. It's just too delicious. Thanks to Chapalagringa for the get together.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Chapalagringa: I have never eaten in La Lena but the restaurant I like is immediately to the North of it. That is the Pizza I am referring to. I stopped in for a take out pizza at Perrys a couple of days ago and it was very good and he uses the good cheeses as well. However, for me, I will continue using the one in Chapala most of the time since it is closer to home and the quality is the same, as to my taste buds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:04 am

I was back at Perry's yesterday. It was my reward for almost completing my garden patio makeover and my pup's first lesson on restaurant behavior. Perry has just hired a new chef that is Mexican/Italian. The pizza was even better and Perry admits it's better than his. The young man really knows what he's doing. I promised to return for the fish & chips which is what Perry is best known for and it will be soon.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:30 am

Hi, Sunny(!) and all....

On Wednesday, I tried Perry's chili. Delish! Hearty, with hunks of meat rather than all smushed up, and a real kick. Followed it with his clam chowder, and didn't get heartburn from the chili. lol!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:38 am

Hola kb9gzg, I heard from Perry that you had returned to try his clam chowder. He said you ate a bowl of the chowder there and took two more to go. I would definitely say that you liked it.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:04 am

Yep, Sunny. That was on Monday--returned for more on Wednesday. Today, who knows!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down