INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For The Trusting Non Judgemental

+8
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
viajero
coltivatore
MexiNan
Pedro
LaVida
espíritu del lago
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For The Trusting Non Judgemental - Page 2 Empty Re: For The Trusting Non Judgemental

Post by gpbasap Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 am

[/quote]
i have seen many transients come and eventually go.[/quote]

When you leave will it be back to Canada or your place of birth?

gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For The Trusting Non Judgemental - Page 2 Empty Re: For The Trusting Non Judgemental

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:02 am

when i leave my ashes will be spread out on the lake.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiNan Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Maybe the kindness of strangers will make a transient take root & become a contributing citizen. And I just wonder why you assume that those helping this man (and BTW I'm not one of them) are not also helping their neighbors. Peace, brother!

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Why? 'cause he's a jackass.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:31 pm

lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 pm

and 2 more come out from under their rocks.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Sleep
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:28 pm

MexiNan wrote:Maybe the kindness of strangers will make a transient take root & become a contributing citizen. And I just wonder why you assume that those helping this man (and BTW I'm not one of them) are not also helping their neighbors. Peace, brother!
you have posed a legitimate question,mexinan.i have many mexican friends that are having trouble finding work here because the economy in this area has slowed and i feel for them and especially if some transient takes what little work is available from a long term resident. this person[and others like him] have become a cause celebre to the detriment of our neighbours-yours and mine- no matter what slant you want to put on it. right now i give even the smallest job in our garden to someone from here who has lost a lot of customers dying and leaving the area. he is capable of full construction and all kinds of other things. now that the rainy season is over i will have he and some of his family repair our roof. in another thread bob the admin says 3 local young fellas are happy that they finally have some work helping on the road construction in the ajijic plaza.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Yes, it is definitely slower around here particularly in the construction trade. Yet on the other hand I have gotten a few quotes for some renovations I have planned for next year from some companies I have used in the past and their prices were abhorrent. They quoted what I would have expected to pay NOB. True to what seems the "Mexican way" when things slow down they increase their prices. They won't be getting my large job. I have since found a small Mexican crew that has quoted a fair price. These guys are actually quite busy right now too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Pedro wrote:when i leave my ashes will be spread out on the lake.

Are you sure? It will probably leave a greasy ring around "the tub"! razberry
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexiNan Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Yes. I, too, am offering jobs to folks that I could really do myself. But this way they can make some money and I don't have to do it. I do know a family whose children are living with grandparents in another town, so that they can work more hours. Times are tough. But, some people, local or transient, would rather steal than work, so I'm open to offering work to anyone who is wanting to work. One of the challenges is finding these people who do want to work. Apparently this guy has a good location. Maybe someone could start a non profit that would offer a place where folks could go to find day laborers. There could be other services offered to them as well. It would be better than arguing about it on a web board.

MexiNan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 am

viajero wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote: Lots of stories lakeside about deported folks including one friend who spoke no English and was dumped in Monterrey.
Most people in Monterrey don't speak English...

I meant spoke no Spanish. Sorry.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Any updates?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:29 pm

CHILLIN wrote:
Pedro wrote:when i leave my ashes will be spread out on the lake.

Are you sure? It will probably leave a greasy ring around "the tub"! razberry

Bowl?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

PERFECT! Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum