INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa

4 posters

Go down

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Empty Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:51 pm

We took these photo's less than 100 yards from Humberto's.   Pythons are not native to Mexico.   Some idiot released this Python into the wild, here.  This could really screw up the ECO system @ the lake........similar to the Python infestation in Florida.

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Img_0810

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Img_0811

Last edited by Jim W on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Empty Re: Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:53 pm

one less cat to eat the bass
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Empty Re: Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Pedro wrote:one less cat to eat the bass

Pedro, The Python ate........almost...a Ferrell cat, the Indians made their meal out of the Python.

Feliz Navidad.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:07 pm

there are pythons native to mexico. i have seen them on the pacific coast
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Those are Boa's
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Pedro wrote:there are pythons native to mexico. i have seen them on the pacific coast

Are there any PYTHONS native to North America/Mexico

Boas, yes. Pythons, no. The only pythons naturally found in the wild here are those that were released (either deliberately or accidentally). I think the python population in Florida boomed after the hurricanes in past years. The...
Does the USA have any native non-venomous snakes that are similar to the...

There are tons of constrictors in the U.S., corn snakes, rat snakes, indigo snakes (the list goes on) are all constrictors.

I love GOOGLE........It helps keeping us from opening our mouth to change feet! Beer Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:46 pm

one of many of mexico's boa species
Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Mexica10

mexico's python species. there is only one.

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa Mex210

yes google can be quite useful.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:42 am

Are there any pythons in Mexico - Answers.com
www.answers.com  › …  › Mexico
Besides those brought from overseas, including those on pet stores and zoos, no. Pythons are a species native of Africa.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:46 am

Heading to Aguamilpa tomorrow at zero dark thirty. I will include any snakes in my post fishing report......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:52 am

lol! cheers Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 am

CanuckBob wrote:Heading to Aguamilpa tomorrow at zero dark thirty. I will include any snakes in my post fishing report......jajaja.
no doubt you will run into a boa somewhere like the op did. the python is quit rare and nocturnal living in burrows from sea level to 800 meters, in jalisco,nyarit and michoacan down to central america.
by the way,asking the right question when using a search engine is usually quite helpful and pictures are worth a thousand words.
it appears that the op and i were both wrong in identifying his picture as a python as opposed to one of the native species of boas.
i believe that boas have even been spotted here at el lago, up in the hills.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:38 pm

The identification of the Python was made from these photos by MVZ J. Pablo Varela Mtz. Negrete
Director Tecnico

Zoologico Safari Guadalajara

Since I know very little about the species I asked him. He told me the pythons were probably purchased as pets and released into the wild, when they got to big to handle. Now they are adapting to areas in Mexico and the Southern USA, primarily in Florida. He told me Pythons were native to Africa.

My only resource Pablo.... confirmed by Google.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Jim,
were the pictures of the snake and cat taken recently?
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:01 pm

[quote="mattoleriver"]Jim,
were the pictures of the snake and cat taken recently?[/quote

They were taken in Sept, 2012, during one our fishing trips. I never would have shared
This if it was going to turn in to a debate.
I met the Director of the Zoo when Deb and I donated our Moluccan Cockatoo to the Zoo as the USA wouldn't let us bring her back.

Pablo gave us a life time pass, and allows us to visit by appt.  I took Gravy last trip, we sign in at the vendors entrance where they pick us up in a golf cart.   We visit on the day they are closed........which is great as only employees, family and workers are there.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:27 pm

your snakes markings do not resemble african boas but do resemble that of the mexican boa which i posted. the head markings are a dead give away. if pablo is a mexican biologist specializing in herpetology,i am surprised that he does not know of the only mexican native python pictured above. last time i looked,this is not florida. who would take the trouble to drive to an isolated spot like agua milpa to release an unwanted pet snake, in any event? mexican python: loxocemidae whose dna is most closely related to pythonidae and there is no sub species. there are hundreds of fotos of mexican and separately african boas
and many pics of the mex python. one can also find maps for the ranges of the various species all on google.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:48 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Heading to Aguamilpa tomorrow at zero dark thirty. I will include any snakes in my post fishing report......jajaja.

CB are you sleeping in? We used to leave @ O dark thirty......LMAO.

On your morning fishing run there shouldn't be much wind, so ask Humberto to have the guide make the run to the Colorado River.........approx a 30 minute run, and fish back toward the dam......they take a right and head up river. You'll see much more of the lake.....the fishing up there was really good a couple weeks ago, catching is up to you Beer Beer Beer . I regret not taking you guys up there, but we always had newbies with us so it didn't matter.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Never Know What You'll Run Into at Lake Agua Milpa 30834_10

Deb and I caught this photo op while fishing Agua Milpa.   We went back the next day and it was gone.....Indians probably skinned it.    No one knows for sure, but biologist says they were probably released pets?  

No one knows for sure how the Cayman were released. I am not going to debate whether this is a Cayman, gator, or a croc..............lets pretend it is a big lizard LMAO!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:23 am

deleted
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down